1.5x1.5x2 m tent

600w hps/mh

6 pot dwc kit

I will be using only GH powder for nutrients

2x fans inside

Ph/ec pen

2x 6" intake/out take fans

1x humidifier 

The beans i'm using is a pure indica strain.

Now what wanted to know is if i use a cooled reflector do i need a extra extraction fan?i'm learning as i go and the intake extraction is still a grey area for me? Because i have 2 6" fans one for intake and one with a carbon filter for out take.

Please if there's any one who could help then im sure i will pull of a successful grow.if you see im shorting something or have better advice please share.

Photo's to follow.

Stay cool.

Guest Maxwell

Looks like it'll be an epic grow! 150mm seems too small for 600w? Anyone have any experience? As for cost - How much do you pay per Kw? Multiply that by how many Kw the grow will use. Look forward to this!  :-gthumb

Guest Maxwell

I mean I think a 150mm (6") fan might be too weak to control a 600w bulb? But I am not sure as I don't use either together. Yup sounds about right - Consumption x Cost.

Guest grunterfish86

Hi Kidk I'm  new to indoor too, my first grow is in its third week from flip and all I can suggest is get your extraction dialed before you start them seeds do some dry runs before, as i over looked it and had to struggle the whole grow ! Imho prob the most important part, 150mm = 6" diameter of the fan, ducting and cool tube. u need to do some proper reading up on the subject, basically u need to create negative pressure inside the tent, the filter will reduce the outake as well as what type of fan u use vortex,TT , etc ?? So u don't want more air coming in then going out (positive pressure bad) your tent should want to suck its self in with the vent flaps closed if that makes sense!. That's my 2cents but you will learn as you go and that's part of the addiction to growing in my case nway,  peace !!!!

Guest grunterfish86

Look I'm no expert yet but having someone to bounce ideas off is why we on this forum, so ya thats right and is one way to setup IMO there is no exact way to setup everyone has there own unique problem and you can tweak ur groom to what suits you, some get away with passive intake (no fan) just negative pressure sucking in fresh air but that depends on where your tent will be and where you extracting to? ur tent might be in a room big enought to extract directly in and out of ??? Only way is to do it bud an experiment with what works best ! Another thing is depending on space in your tent, I have my filter first then cooltube so fan is pulling air through the filter. If you have 10" will be better cause you can always reduce fan speed if need be.

Guest grunterfish86

Try and have the least bends in the ducting as possible, also apparantly the ratio of 1:4 so 100m3 in to 400m3 out will create enough negative pressure. The vortex is perfect bud !!!!

It should create the needed negative airflow.also i maybe just maybe going to rather try the adjust a wing to the cooled system.its just the cool system still doesn't make sense and still don't know if i need to add another outtake just for the cooled reflector.but thanks for the help so far makes life so much easier!

Guest Maxwell

IMO you must use air-cooling if you want to use higher watts. That space can easily take over 1000w of light and so you can always upgrade. Cool-tubes are great imo. 8" with same size fan. Best is to have one fan for your lights and one for your exhaust. However you can use just one by either connecting your scrubber inside your tent, or at the end of your exhaust. I.e Either you hang your carbon filter in the tent, connecting ducting to it and then to your reflector, then ducting out of your tent to exhaust. Or leave the one side of the reflector open and just run ducting from your exhaust to the reflector, with the exhaust then sucking through the reflector and then out through the scrubber- connected at the end of the ducting/exhaust. For best results have three fans. One exhaust, one for venting reflectors and one for intake, all sized according to what you want.

Maxwell thanks exactly as you said.so i made my decision to first use a wing reflector but second run def cooling just working according to a budget.so my tent is 1,5x1,5x2 its 16 square feet so i decided im starting off with a 8" outtake  with a Cfilter and 6" intake set at medium so I rotate my air  at least every minute to minute and a half think thats fair?2 nice in tent fans to make for proper circulation maybe add a third one closer to the top.any suggestions welcome but i recon thats the build.waiting for my lights probably in this week.thanks for the advice knowledge is power!

So i got my dwc kit  :poke with some extra hydro-ton nice steel air pump happy as can be!  :-clap Also got me a heating mat and both grow and short flowering nutrients from GH. My tent and 2 fans are on there way and i sorted the whole intake outtake problem.I'm sticking with cooled reflector and i going to use the XXL series because of the even light distribution in the tent(and it looks cool) haha  :sillyass Excited as hell im thinking of getting all components by mid desember.I using 2x6" vortexs as the fans one runnig full and one as i require.Now i must just get my lazy ass up and take some photo's but im pinned.  :-blazed Now to next mission  :yipeeee the scrog table im building,now thats a new adventure any well priced idea's?i thought maybe pvc pipe connected wit screws and wire or just get mesh?Planing a dry run on some herbs on the porch just to get used to the dwc  :poke hope you all have a high lekker evening.keep classy  :-peace

Guest Maxwell

If you're always going to Scrog then get the flat reflectors, else just go with cool-tubes imo. If you end up with different sized plants, you can move the tube closer to the shorter plant and the taller plants will just get some side lighting. Flat reflectors limit your height. Then forget the 6" for intake, run it exclusively through the hood. 8" as exhaust and you should be golden.  :-peace

If you do a scrog properly you should only have to move your lights once or twice.

Scrogs are great if you make it removable, so when harvest time comes its not a mission. and obviously the Net its self is replaceable.

Just remember to tie it down so the plants dont lift the screen as they grow.

And weave weave weave

@Fire. Just put a screen above the height of your ready vegged plants that are being flipped to 12/12 say about 100-200mm.

fix the screen steady and when your plants go into flower they are going to start stretching up.

A plant will grow 2x/3x its size when put into flower. When the stems start to go through the net let them grow about +-300mm above it, then start to weave the stems back down so that they are now horizontal and not growing verticle.

In a couple hours you will see the leaves and all turn up to the light.

Then just keep repeating till the screen is full.