420SA Mobile Friendly Testing

420SA

Greetings folks

As some of you may have realised. This site hasn't exactly been the easiest to use on mobile. Especially after the recent styling changes the site has been a bit chaotic on mobile.

The good news is that we are about 90% mobile friendly with the site now and I need you guys to be please be my test dummy's ;)

On mobile there is now a mobile menu. In other words it's a menu that is only displayed once you click the Menu button, which is displayed at the top right of your mobile's screen. The menu can be opened and closed with the menu button

Also all elements of the site have been designed to fit inside your mobile's screen without you having to scroll left and right. I have noticed some areas where the objects overflow to the right a little bit, I will be sorting that out.

What I need you guys to do is to please let me know about any faults that you may find or issues encountered. Not all mobile devices are the same so it's impossible for me to test for every device.

Any feedback will be immensely appreciated :-meditate

:-peace

Hey 420

I appreciate the work which you're putting in, to revamp the website.

I liked the old site better. Now, I have to scroll past the login panel, Who's online, Latest poll, Forum Stats, Competitions, Facebook, Advertising and a temporary Mobile Warning to get to the Latest Topics.

I don't know what the experience was like on other mobile browsers, but in Safari for iOS, it was a breeze to navigate the old layout. I had an instant overview of what was on the site, and could navigate there instantly.

Im also not crazy about the tapatalk experience.

I vote to keep the old layout.

I did notice that. It's possible to expand and close each box if you didn't notice the button. (see the attached pic) which will make it easier to get to the latest topics...but....what I will work on soon is rearranging the boxes specifically for mobile with the Latest Topics obviously taking much higher priority. As I say there are still issues to address, we're in the beta phase now so to speak. This feedback is key to me improving it.

Skolley, as someone who works in the web business, I know for a fact that this site was not mobile friendly. Mobile browsing must be free of side scrolling and zooming constantly on elements, which you prefer. In the interest of keeping up to date, I decided to make the site mobile friendly. You'll get used to it soon enough I assure you. 

I just ask for your guys patience while we polish this one up :-meditate

expand-minimize.jpg.9812011b5e773bdd027ee15e9cbe2366.jpg

• 3 years later...

Yo @420SA! Need help capt!!

Okay so it's more of a question of can you add the support. 

I would like to see a floating mobile menu bar... 

Currently it is fixed to the top of the page, and it can be a bit of a pain to have to scroll up and up and up to get to the menu... Could you make it so that the menu appears when you try scroll up? And likewise disappears when you scroll down? 

2 hours ago, CreX said:

Yo @420SA! Need help capt!!

Okay so it's more of a question of can you add the support. 

I would like to see a floating mobile menu bar... 

Currently it is fixed to the top of the page, and it can be a bit of a pain to have to scroll up and up and up to get to the menu... Could you make it so that the menu appears when you try scroll up? And likewise disappears when you scroll down? 

Hi @CreX

The menu is now set to float at the top now when scrolling on mobile. Please could you test and confirm 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I straight up dig the mobile site... Super easy to use... 

39 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

Haaaay I'm not the only one!!!
What going on Uncles, I cleaned my cookies?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

My issue was I left the club... Joining the club sorted me out!