Suspect arrested in Table View after police find cannabis lab in his house

jabulanithehutt

"Police spokesperson Ndakhe Gwala said they reacted swiftly to a tip-off from residents..."

Yet again, cops can't do shit themselves. Always keep your nose clean and don't draw attention to your neighbors. The proverb of "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind. 

"...upon arrival at the suspect’s grounds they immediately identified the unmistakable smell of cannabis in the air..."

Use carbon filters if you are gonna have a mad grow! 😝

Although the smell of cannabis is not enough to let police into your private area. You are allowed to consume cannabis in your private space so the victim didn't actually have to let the police in. Although, his actions of working with the police officers will probably help him in the long run, depending what he was saying during the initial inspection of his property. 

993425633_Screenshot2022-05-19100323.jpg.8f861ebcb8a7890a5f6abceb9ac48b5e.jpg

"Police confiscated 31 ziplock bags, as well as a device used to extract the cannabis oil that was handed in as evidence."

See these canisters? The above quote makes me think these are large bottles of butane. Alternatively it could be CO2.

Either way, CO2 or butane, having those sized bottles in a confined space like this is a super no-no. Just this alone could get somebody into trouble and is actually quite frankly the only good part about this story. This dude was a mad lad having those bottles in a frickin bathroom 😆

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jabulanithehutt said:

That's why you establish good relations with your neighbours before pulling this kinda dumb shit off. Dumb move Donnie Brasco. Dealing is still illegal, whether its ganja or tik. The cops see no difference. Now he's gotta deal with the consequences.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Weskush said:

That's why you establish good relations with your neighbours before pulling this kinda dumb shit off. Dumb move Donnie Brasco. Dealing is still illegal, whether its ganja or tik. The cops see no difference. Now he's gotta deal with the consequences.

As far as the article explains the cops only looked into the property because of an "odor" and then they reacted swiftly. I'm not sure how they would get evidence of the person dealing from only finding a grow room and extraction equipment because as far as anybody knows the person and their family has a huge apatite for the 'ol cannabis bush. 

There's always these articles of okes getting caught, but I never see them brag about people being actually convicted or serving time :investigating give me cases!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Yet again, cops can't do shit themselves. Always keep your nose clean and don't draw attention to your neighbors. The proverb of "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind. 

Use carbon filters if you are gonna have a mad grow! 😝

Although the smell of cannabis is not enough to let police into your private area. You are allowed to consume cannabis in your private space so the victim didn't actually have to let the police in. Although, his actions of working with the police officers will probably help him in the long run, depending what he was saying during the initial inspection of his property. 

993425633_Screenshot2022-05-19100323.jpg.8f861ebcb8a7890a5f6abceb9ac48b5e.jpg

See these canisters? The above quote makes me think these are large bottles of butane. Alternatively it could be CO2.

Either way, CO2 or butane, having those sized bottles in a confined space like this is a super no-no. Just this alone could get somebody into trouble and is actually quite frankly the only good part about this story. This dude was a mad lad having those bottles in a frickin bathroom 😆

Ya that doesn't look great, all I read was 10 x 20l containers with weed in them, that's definitely a large amount 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 2

My house is allowed to by law smell of cannabis, and in fact always does. That doesn't in my opinion give saps the right to enter. I would in reasonable circumstances also allow saps in to my house since according to me I'm within my rights, and I have nothing to hide... But saps isn't the idealistic police force we would imagine a police force to be as a child. It's rotting at the core for the most part. 

Allowing them in it seems, gives them the scope to write the story of what's going on there on the fly as they find 'evidence' to support a narrative. That's speculation, and won't survive a trial without other evidence of an actual crime, which the article has failed to communicate. Where is the victim? What crime has happened? 

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Totemic said:

My house is allowed to by law smell of cannabis, and in fact always does. That doesn't in my opinion give saps the right to enter. I would in reasonable circumstances also allow saps in to my house since according to me I'm within my rights, and I have nothing to hide... But saps isn't the idealistic police force we would imagine a police force to be as a child. It's rotting at the core for the most part. 

Allowing them in it seems, gives them the scope to write the story of what's going on there on the fly as they find 'evidence' to support a narrative. That's speculation, and won't survive a trial without other evidence of an actual crime, which the article has failed to communicate. Where is the victim? What crime has happened? 

Damn straight 🙌

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

I wonder if those 10x 20l were actually just the pots with the roots in. Sometimes these guys weigh the whole dam pot including soil and say its 20kg of product while it is just dirt. 

What saddens me the most is this guy probably thought he was within the law and thats why he let them in. I will never allow them in if I can. The problem is you might be within in the law but the police are maniacs in SA. They will rip all your shit out and confiscate everything. Making it your responsibility to get your equipment back with lawyers etc. So all they end up doing is wasting our tax money and then you end up wasting your own money fighting them, while they use your tax money to fight you back. Its a terrible vicious circle. In the firearm community we sit with the same problem. You apply for a license and maybe they feel like they dont want to give it to you. You then end up spending your own money to fight them in court while they have endless amounts of tax money to fight you back. Even though in the long run you probably will win the case, after you've sold your house and your kids' university savings. I would still err on the safe side. Dont trust those fuckers. They dont know the law.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 10:13 AM, Ill_Evan said:

Those are CO2 bottles. Well at least the one on the right is, from Mygas.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

As far as the article explains the cops only looked into the property because of an "odor" and then they reacted swiftly. I'm not sure how they would get evidence of the person dealing from only finding a grow room and extraction equipment because as far as anybody knows the person and their family has a huge apatite for the 'ol cannabis bush. 

There's always these articles of okes getting caught, but I never see them brag about people being actually convicted or serving time :investigating give me cases!

To be arrested for suspected dealing there has to be, at least some baggies, scales, large amounts of cash etc...if none of these were found it is complete and utter piss takery. Only a large amount of weed and some growing equipment are not justifiable to get arrested for suspected dealing. There is still an amount stipulated on how much weed are allowed in one's private property. If this held any value or not, i don't know. Max 1.2kg dried flower for a household of more than 2 persons right? and 600g for 1 person. Correct me if im wrong  

• Like 1

A case happening in Atlantis area at the moment.
A friend who owns a farm, ie owner and landlord.
Another so called friend (fucked us all over with his charm and shenanigans), tenant.
Tenant convinced landlord he had a license to grow.
Tried warning landlord there is no such thing for private yet.
Tenant grew 100 odd trees plus some up in Greyton and then some indoor.
Tenant thought he was a big boy and supplied various gangs in Atlantis.
Landlords farm got raided as drug squad had been watching tenant's dealing.
They found just under 15kg flower vacuum packed in 1kg packs in the landlords house and some unlicensed ammunition and licenced weapons.
Area rented by tenant they bagged close to 150kg of cannabis harvested, drying and curing, hash and hash processing equipment (two mini washing machines).
Tenant on the run.
Landlord and his wife spent the weekend in the cells.

Cops and the drug squad were very professional with the raid apparently although they the wife for answering the door with a cocked pistol.
She saw cars screeching into the farm and dude's in balaclavas with guns surrounded her house.
You wanna get shot, try that shit out here where we live in the bush.

After the weekend in jail for whatever legal police reasons they at home.
Told by the police and drug squad they have nothing to worry about and no charges against them. They after the tenant.

I asked the landlord where am I going to source flower for my products now. The fucker smiled at me and says 'they left the flower where it was'.
Looked at it, photographed it and left it.

Suppose it depends on the raiding cops understanding or not of the law unfortunately.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

for those who need legal support when the -shit for brains- police show up 

https://fieldsofgreenforall.org.za/stop-the-cops/ 

take a moment to study that shit guys, keep the help at the ready, keep yourselves safe.

Support the legal movement! 🤘 

cops show up at my house saying it smells like weed, I keep my mouth shut and wait for them to say something else. If that's all it is, I tell them thanks and go back in my house.

if they ask to enter my property, I keep my mouth shut and wait for them to say something else. if they don't present permits or warrents with something better than "suspicion because this house smells like weed" written on it then there is no case. No permits? No entry. 

make the police aware you are backed by a legal team and if they have permits with valid reasons you have to let them in, if they arrest you for anything, let them. don't fight them. if you know you are within your rights, they will be the ones facing legal actions. 

ANY AND ALL papers you are handed are NOT to be signed with any lawyers present. No paperwork gets done without any lawyers present. 

if you don't have lawyers you get in touch with Fields Of Green For All and have a chat with them. don't wait for the police to be at your front door to then run around like a headless chicked trying to figure it out. 

these arrests MUST be stopped, we need to get smart and make examples of these fucking asshole cops. 

In the Natures Farmacy case 3 cops lost their jobs due to wrongful arrest, because someone spent a couple hours studying the legal framework. I bet that branch of SAPS will not be so quick to arrest again.... 

https://www.netwerk24.com/netwerk24/ZA/Paarl-Post/Nuus/dagga-cafe-in-pickle-20210615-2 

this article ends off with the co owner seeking legal action, I got the beef straight from the horses mouth, but I don't think an article was published on the 3 police men that had to look for new jobs. because who wants to push that narrative? 

it's litetally up to us to break this bullshit narrative, some people on the forefront and have already won the legal battles, while the rest of us still sitting here scratching our heads trying to figure it out and scared to be locked up. 

hahah not me 🙃

• Like 6

take a moment to study that shit guys, keep the help at the ready, keep yourselves safe.
Support the legal movement!  
cops show up at my house saying it smells like weed, I keep my mouth shut and wait for them to say something else. If that's all it is, I tell them thanks and go back in my house.
if they ask to enter my property, I keep my mouth shut and wait for them to say something else. if they don't present permits or warrents with something better than "suspicion because this house smells like weed" written on it then there is no case. No permits? No entry. 
make the police aware you are backed by a legal team and if they have permits with valid reasons you have to let them in, if they arrest you for anything, let them. don't fight them. if you know you are within your rights, they will be the ones facing legal actions. 
ANY AND ALL papers you are handed are NOT to be signed with any lawyers present. No paperwork gets done without any lawyers present. 
if you don't have lawyers you get in touch with Fields Of Green For All and have a chat with them. don't wait for the police to be at your front door to then run around like a headless chicked trying to figure it out. 
these arrests MUST be stopped, we need to get smart and make examples of these fucking asshole cops. 
In the Natures Farmacy case 3 cops lost their jobs due to wrongful arrest, because someone spent a couple hours studying the legal framework. I bet that branch of SAPS will not be so quick to arrest again.... 
https://www.netwerk24.com/netwerk24/ZA/Paarl-Post/Nuus/dagga-cafe-in-pickle-20210615-2 
this article ends off with the co owner seeking legal action, I got the beef straight from the horses mouth, but I don't think an article was published on the 3 police men that had to look for new jobs. because who wants to push that narrative? 
it's litetally up to us to break this bullshit narrative, some people on the forefront and have already won the legal battles, while the rest of us still sitting here scratching our heads trying to figure it out and scared to be locked up. 
hahah not me
Good advice.
Print and stick that up on your wall.
I subscribe to Field's of green for all and have everything concerning your rights and the law up on my wall.
Like the pubs have their license and permit to trade on display I try the same.
Not a license to trade but my rights according to the government.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Weskush said:

Max 1.2kg dried flower for a household of more than 2 persons right? and 600g for 1 person. Correct me if im wrong

That's just draft law. Currently there are no written laws as to the amounts allowed for personal cultivation. The cops usually make a judgement call at the time and everything is pretty much determined in court.

Rather follow the advice posted by @Naughty.Psychonaut above, it's the best course of action. Although in those situations you're likely to at least lose all your equipment, but you are likely not to be convicted and serve time.

• Like 3

I have also printed the documents supplied by fields of green and keep it with my grow at all times. 

2 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

The cops usually make a judgement call at the time

This is the scarey part. Cops and logic have never been known to go together. Thats when you have to go to court and spend those hard earned $$$ to get out (even though you are not guilty).

I agree, everyone should have the documents printed and stay safe. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 7:21 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Support the legal movement! 🤘 

FOGFA have a print out you can keep next to your door for basic rights, wish I could find it. We were talking about this recently and experienced it once or twice. Funny enough cops do listen if you are polite, experienced it myself a couple times. Be careful out there, cops are a law unto themselves and can change your life in a matter of minutes, regardless of the law or draft law. 

but I don't think an article was published on the 3 police men that had to look for new jobs. because who wants to push that narrative?

I am sure there are many people that would write about that and from an activism point of view it is important to share good information like this. Write an article about it. 

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You've heard the old saying "I am not putting up any fights by practicing my rights"? classic example here.

1 hour ago, Chris Jay said:

cops are a law unto themselves and can change your life in a matter of minutes, regardless of the law or draft law. 

I don't get this? this sounds as corrupt as it can get brother 😅 I hope you're not suggesting a cop can do whatever they feel like with me and base it on if they feel I was nice enough to them or not? 

the law is the law, period. 

a cop is not above the law and cannot write or change laws on a personal whim. 

52 minutes ago, Chris Jay said:

Funny enough cops do listen if you are polite, experienced it myself a couple times.

we all got that sense of kill them with kindness, cause of doing this stuff since it was illegal, we've had many times interacted with police knowing full well we where breaking laws, in the past, and the only way you get to walk away a free man is to not put up a fight right away. so I get what you're saying here, but while both parties are well within their rights they both have equal ground to stand on. you're just a man talking to another man. not some kinda godly figure that gets to zap his mighty beam and change your fate regardless. 

that thought shouldn't be tolerated and we shouldn't be telling our fellow growers they need to bend over and take it up the ass more than we have the last how many years, at some point we need to stand our ground and show these assholes we know a thing or two and we beat them at their own game. 

cops are just people and they need to abide by the laws just as much as a civilian.

even more than civilians police should be held to a much higher standard because they're the ones reinforcing the laws. they can't be acting all willy nilly like they own the place, which sadly is whats happening and here is why... the opposite side of the spectrum is just as important, because being a push over and being too nice and lettling the police walk all over you is also not gona help at all. 

we need to know our laws and practice our rights more often.

If I am not responding to a police officer that doesn't mean I am being rude to him, it just means I am practicing my right to silence. 

again, I am not putting up any fights by practicing my rights

I will clearly state that and the reason for it is because of the level of corruption, I know that some cops have such fucking egos they actually do think they're above the law, in which case I will just open my mouth to let them know I am practicing my right to stay silent. which shouldn't be necessary because the cops know the laws and this should be a clear signal that a cop is trying to push you over to make you out to look bad even if your not.... this shit needs to stop! reading the room is important here.... by the time you have to announce that're practicing your right to stay silent is the same moment you should be working on getting lawyers involved because only an asshole cop that don't know what they should be doing will press you for information they don't need. 

1 hour ago, Chris Jay said:

I am sure there are many people that would write about that and from an activism point of view it is important to share good information like this. Write an article about it. 

Hell yeah, you're right, many many people wana read all about this. that's why they don't publish it..... the article was in the Paarl Post, not the Cape Times or any bigger news paper, the information on how the arrests wasn't successfull was already supressed, unlike the massive grow busts that get published all over cape town in 100 different articles.... I wonder why 😅 

oh hey, I just realised hahahah it's because whenever theres a Win for the cannabis industry the people behind the information have to push real hard to get it out there while the losses and negative information gets rubbed in everyones faces..... almost like they trying to paint "dagga" as this evil plant...... same like they been doing for over a 1000 years...... now why would that be? hmmmmm 🤓 

The case happened in the beginning of 2021 and the post was publishes in June, I think I missed the biscuit on sending Paarl Post any information that they'll be interested in on that one plus I am not involved with the whole thing and talking to people who where actually involved they did try to get the information out, but Paarl Post never took interest in that part of the story.

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

27 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

oh hey, I just realised hahahah it's because whenever theres a Win for the cannabis industry the people behind the information have to push real hard to get it out there while the losses and negative information gets rubbed in everyones faces..... almost like they trying to paint "dagga" as this evil plant...... same like they been doing for over a 1000 years...... now why would that be? hmmmmm 🤓 

We should start a list of publications that routinely post articles "dagga lab busts" that never actually end with a conviction, and one day when the laws are written and cannabis is widely accepted, we can call on these publications for their shit behaviour. 

• Agree 1
  • Fire! 1

39 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

We should start a list of publications that routinely post articles "dagga lab busts" that never actually end with a conviction, and one day when the laws are written and cannabis is widely accepted, we can call on these publications for their shit behaviour. 

could not agree more !!!!! 👌👌👌 

hit them where it hurts! 💪

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut When you read an article that township man kills his mother for R10 to go buy dagga, you just know.

don't know if I must laugh, cry, scream or pull my hair out from frustration 🤦‍♂️

Poor Joe went to a college party one night and after shooting up only one dagga this will be him for the rest of his life, do you want to be like Joe? angry marisha ray GIF by Alpha

• Sad 1