DIY LED

Naughty.Psychonaut

15 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

The only reason I wouldnt do QB, and no offense only opinion, was coverage alone.

I can agree with that, hence why I think I overdo it a bit and use more than necessary but at a lower wattage 😛 then crank it up midway through flower. 

The single unit bar LEDs definitely have a spread advantage per unit, and therefore better operating temperatures. 

15 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Where did you find such?

I tried finding it again now but I can't seem to. It was in a pdf of the Lumii LED from a store overseas I think, if I find it again I'll post it. 

• Like 2

Whoop whoop nice bro! Will keep an eye out for the unboxing 💪🏻

49 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

This is supposed to be more than my current flower tents output, at 600w in a 2.4x1.2 tent, and feel if I replace half my lights, in the middle, with the Lumii 720w, and still have the outside 300w, I will be happy enough. 

Will post pictures and video of unboxing when I get it😝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

I have also been checking that light out, don’t know if the diodes matter too much, but surely enough to be mentioned or named atleast. 

I'd be willing to bet we are one generation away from what will become the new standard for LEDs. I think bar LEDs will take over from QBs and the efficiency of the drivers will also increase. If they could maybe bump up the wattage, replace the ballast with a dimmable driver and keep it all at the same price, I'd be sold. 

We honestly don't need UV, we don't need IR, just gooi me that good old 3000k full spectrum and some 660nm all in a neat little package and we good son. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

they could maybe bump up the wattage, replace the ballast with a dimmable driver and keep it all at the same price, I'd be sold

What Watt, do recommend for that size?

Is there a difference? How do we know or not, if their ballast, isnt a driver, and that their HID, is like that of a car, with HID bulbs, and therefore could run LED, as there isnt a difference. 

The Ballast has a dimmer, well, set power modes...

They never said you couldnt run the light on another driver, but they do say you'll void warranty doing that, so it's always a choice you can make or chance you take.

With the efficiency as high as it is, with their ballast, I dont really see the difference, then help me see 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

What Watt, do recommend for that size?

Let's say per 1.2m², 1000W but you don't need to run it at 100% all the time. Would also help with longevity if you could underpower the diodes. 

4 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Is there a difference?

This I rate is a personal preference, but I do not enjoy the frequency that ballasts generate and I am unfortunate to be able to hear the coil whine so I would prefer the silence of drivers. 

I see where Lumii are coming from, and I actually think it's a really clever move to use ballasts over drivers because anybody who's invested in a 600W electronic ballast to run their MH/HID bulbs can easily just switch over to the LED fixture for a slightly cheaper price because you already own the ballast. Even I have a ballast lying around from the old days (3 years ago lol). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I do not enjoy the frequency that ballasts generate and I am unfortunate to be able to hear the coil whine so I would prefer the silence of drivers. 

As I havent had one, didnt know this, how bad is the sound? And would the latest digita ballast be better?

Thought that they all would do the same thing essentially, take 220v AC and make it, X amount of Watts, in DC?

Probably should have looked into ballast lol, but here we are...

Screenshot_20220515-154218_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

As I havent had one, didnt know this, how bad is the sound? And would the latest digita ballast be better?

I've owned the 600W Blackline electronic ballast and it's as loud as any airpump or fan I've used, except instead of a hum it's a high pitched rrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee!!!!

• Haha 3