Nutriplex

CG420za

Sup @cheese420

It's my first grow, never used nutes before. They were all started in JGS organic soil, but I had issues with that medium. On the next pot up I put them into "smart garden" compact coco potting soil. They ran for 2 months without feeding. I'm using normal tap water with a pH of 6.8, the medium's pH is the same.

On Monday I fed them for the first time, but I only gave them 1ml of each in 2L of water. NO BURN! Watered them yesterday. I'll feed again tomorrow, but I'll use the 1.4ml as directed on the feeding chart.

@CerealKilla Hmm thats interesting cause im using JGS now but they still seedlings so no sign of issues as of yet. What issues came about?

Havent heard of the smart garden coco potting soil either and that Ph you mentioned for it goes against all what I have been reading about coco...so thats quite interesting as well lol

Do you have a link to this grow on the site by any chance?

@cheese420, the JGS Orgasoilux basically buggered my plants slowly. I just got a bad batch. Everyone else's worked out for them. They yellowed and didn't feed the plant as explained by Jamie. If you check my grow log, you'll see the issues I had.

I'm using this now, https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/coco-compact-potting-soil/ without any issues. Straight btw, no perlite. Wets very easily, even when it's gone too long without water.

@420SA, I bought some of this https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/calcium-magnesium-nitrate/ so i have it incase the need arises. Wanna see how it goes with the trio, aact. When do you use the silica? I'm flipping them next week.

Guest kimcarsons

^^ What Glo said. The ionic nutes will slowly kill the micro-herd and you'll be dealing with a lot of decaying matter and no helpful microbes. Beyond that I firmly believe that the style won't produce as good results compared to straight organics or hydro.

• 4 years later...
On 7/22/2020 at 8:05 PM, outdoorgrows69 said:

Hey, i know that this thread is quite old but i was looking at getting the nutriplex nutrients and just wanted to hear your opinion on the nutes.

Thanks!!!

Nutriplex was the first nutes I ever used in my first ever grow. Treat the recommended doses as the MAX, keep your feeds at about 2/3 the recommended dose and you should be good. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I also started out with nutriplex, and honestly, it was really great! And cheap... 

You just have to familiarize yourself with the makeup of each bottle so you know what bottle has what... 

From there you can teach yourself to play with the schedule and fix deficiencies as you spot them. 

Iv moved away from Nutriplex for the sole reason that I can buy cheaper nutes... Like hortimix. 

But nutriplex will grow you some nice dank 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2