Yellowing on top leaves

wanna be dagga kop

46 minutes ago, wanna be dagga kop said:

Im using freedom farms and I'm kinda following the feeding chart also the leaves could be clawing because of heat issues, I have been struggling to keep my temps down but yes I think i am overfeeding as well. I am using biobizz bloom and fishmix

Hey man. I would cut out that fish mix at this stage as it's carrying quite a substantial amount of Nitrogen which your plants dont necessarily need at this point - NPK ratio 5-1-4.

The bloom has a fine balance of N to carry the latter half of the flower stage. NPK ratio 2-7-4

What type and size pots are you using and what is your watering/feeding frequency? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Hey man. I would cut out that fish mix at this stage as it's carrying quite a substantial amount of Nitrogen which your plants dont necessarily need at this point - NPK ratio 5-1-4.

The bloom has a fine balance of N to carry the latter half of the flower stage. NPK ratio 2-7-4

What type and size pots are you using and what is your watering/feeding frequency? 

I usually gradually stop feeding fish mix and by week 5 is when i stop completely which is what i am at now and just feed bloom. The plant is in a 10l pot and i feed every 3 to 4 days depending on how dry the soil is by day 3

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, wanna be dagga kop said:

I usually gradually stop feeding fish mix and by week 5 is when i stop completely which is what i am at now and just feed bloom. The plant is in a 10l pot and i feed every 3 to 4 days depending on how dry the soil is by day 3

Cool man. 

I would stop giving the fish mix at week 4 or even 3. As @PsyCLown said it might also be a lockout and it might be due to fish mix/bloom combo and high N. 

What is your ml/L with the two?

If you feed nutes with every watering it can also help to do one off one on with normal water and water with nutes, your intervals sound spot on.

Edited by John Stonedwell
  • Like 3

I'd stop fish mix as you flip to flower.

You're in soil, it should have nutritional value unlike an inert medium like coco or rockwool, plus the build up of fish mix in the soil from veg and bloom has nitrogen in it as well.

You could use a bit of the grow if you wanted to while going into flower, although I don't feel it's necessary.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, John Stonedwell said:

Cool man. 

I would stop giving the fish mix at week 4 or even 3. As @PsyCLown said it might also be a lockout and it might be due to fish mix/bloom combo and high N. 

What is your ml/L with the two?

If you feed nutes with every watering it can also help to do one off one on with normal water and water with nutes, your intervals sound spot on.

I have been feeding 0.5ml fish mix and 2ml bloom in 2l water 

• Like 1

my 2c is that you may be watering a bit too infrequently for a plant that size in that size pot

i let this happen as well, and the issues i see are similar - if the pot dries out too much then it may be causing some root damage ...my damage is more because of salt bulid up, and you shouldnt be experiencing this.

but! you could maybe move to every 2nd day - one feeed, and one straight water just to keep the plants meduim moist and see if the plants respond better

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I use the biobizz range with FF premium , and the issue here is that fishmix. Fishmix is great for veg, but in flower you want to switch to the biobizz grow. 

You also don't need to feed every watering. I alternate a feed, then water, maybe just water again, then feed. Feed basically once a week really. 

Try increasing the frequency of your watering. I water 15l medium with 2l water every second day

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Totemic said:

I use the biobizz range with FF premium , and the issue here is that fishmix. Fishmix is great for veg, but in flower you want to switch to the biobizz grow. 

You also don't need to feed every watering. I alternate a feed, then water, maybe just water again, then feed. Feed basically once a week really. 

Try increasing the frequency of your watering. I water 15l medium with 2l water every second day

Agreed. 10% watering volume per container size roundabout. And also. Feel the weight of your containers. The most accurate way of determining whether you need to water or not.

• Like 3