Ms M Venter

Michelle Venter

Question

21 answers to this question

Goodmorning @Michelle Venter it's all about trichomes. when asking about harvesting there should be a bell going off in you head "TRICHOMES TRICHOMES TRICHOMES" 

what is a trichome you ask? well, it's the sticky cryatally sparkly things that look like sugar on your weed. they contain the compound that make us high and really is the focus here. 

Yeah that plant has its ways to go still! by the looks of it 2 to 4 weeks also wouldn't cut it. I would say you're only at around week 4 right now, those buds still have some stacking to do. you should think about 10 to 13 weeks in total. Don't look at pictures of other weed and hope and wait till your plant gets to looking like that. you'll wait forever. what you should be looking at is trichomes. 

where you growing that plant? with indoor grows it's easier to guesstimate a flowering time period, because you control the environment. outdoors things can be a little different as the way the plant performs is completely dependant on light cycle and other environmental factors. sometimes outdoor plants can take a little longer to finish, but what you've got there is a bag seed so this throws us dead in the middle of a guessing game. 

golden key - bag seed is cool for learning to grow, but if you looking to grow good weed easily, generally stay clear from bag seeds.

You're a grower now, you should get yourself one of these, this should take some of the guessing out of the game for you. for now.

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/microscope-loupe-40x/ 

then you need to study trichomes, they're your guide to when you should be harvesting. 

Clear Trichomes - Too early - early harvest can cause racey highs and may cause some people anxiety

50% Amber Trichomes (inside buds) - Ready to harvest 

Majority Amber Trichomes - Too late - late harvest can result in couch lock weed, even if it's sativa it'll make you feel sedated like indica.  

:-rasta 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Michelle Venter said:

OC Kush seeds I used from weed i bought.

Oooh okay, I'm really just taking a wild guess here but I'd say about 2-4 more weeks 

It's really tricky to give you an estimate, especially since its bagseed 😆  Usually a good indicator is once almost all the white hairs (pistils) have changed colour 

2 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Goodmorning @Michelle Venter it's all about trichomes. when asking about harvesting there should be a bell going off in you head "TRICHOMES TRICHOMES TRICHOMES" 

what is a trichome you ask? well, it's the sticky cryatally sparkly things that look like sugar on your weed. they contain the compound that make us high and really is the focus here. 

Yeah that plant has its ways to go still! by the looks of it 2 to 4 weeks also wouldn't cut it. I would say you're only at around week 4 right now, those buds still have some stacking to do. you should think about 10 to 13 weeks in total. Don't look at pictures of other weed and hope and wait till your plant gets to looking like that. you'll wait forever. what you should be looking at is trichomes. 

where you growing that plant? with indoor grows it's easier to guesstimate a flowering time period, because you control the environment. outdoors things can be a little different as the way the plant performs is completely dependant on light cycle and other environmental factors. sometimes outdoor plants can take a little longer to finish, but what you've got there is a bag seed so this throws us dead in the middle of a guessing game. 

golden key - bag seed is cool for learning to grow, but if you looking to grow good weed easily, generally stay clear from bag seeds.

You're a grower now, you should get yourself one of these, this should take some of the guessing out of the game for you. for now.

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/microscope-loupe-40x/ 

then you need to study trichomes, they're your guide to when you should be harvesting. 

Clear Trichomes - Too early - early harvest can cause racey highs and may cause some people anxiety

50% Amber Trichomes (inside buds) - Ready to harvest 

Majority Amber Trichomes - Too late - late harvest can result in couch lock weed, even if it's sativa it'll make you feel sedated like indica.  

:-rasta 

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated. Yeah....i still got alot to learn but i will be checking the trichomes until most but not the majority is amber in colour.

Loving this Forum this far! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michelle Venter said:

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated. Yeah....i still got alot to learn but i will be checking the trichomes until most but not the majority is amber in colour.

Loving this Forum this far! 

i think you mean the pistols are majority browny colour... pistols are the initially white firey looking things that indicate the start of flower, they stay white until they are no longer viable to catch pollen - coincedently because Pistols go brown around the same time as the trichomes go amber, which leads to confusion among new growers... the trichomes are the tiny almost microscopic white little round things on the surface of the leaves and bud circled in red below

in your pic, they are mostly clear and cloudy

image.png.118f588a756dd399a5b464bfe2090e40.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CreX said:

i think you mean the pistols are majority browny colour... pistols are the initially white firey looking things that indicate the start of flower, they stay white until they are no longer viable to catch pollen - coincedently because Pistols go brown around the same time as the trichomes go amber, which leads to confusion among new growers... the trichomes are the tiny almost microscopic white little round things on the surface of the leaves and bud circled in red below

in your pic, they are mostly clear and cloudy

image.png.118f588a756dd399a5b464bfe2090e40.png

Thank you for your assistance, much appreciated.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Michelle Venter said:

Thanx for the info.....when would you say is best......Cloudy or Amber?

It depends on the effect you require, it is quite subjective. We do all of them.

Clear to cloudy for gaming and social-energetic effect.

Cloudy for movies and chilling around the braai- relaxing effect.

Cloudy/Amber for sore muscles and a good sleep- couchlock

You can tailor the effect depending on what you require. You could harvest the plant in stages a week or two apart to get multiple effects from the same plant.

Personally i will start the harvesting process when trichomes ideally are mostly cloudy with a few clear ones.

As soon as i spot an amber on the bud itself and NOT the sugar leaves, no time is wasted getting her down.

Will always leave a couple buds on the plant to mature a bit further for when the body stoned effect calls📞

On 2/17/2022 at 10:58 AM, Bos said:

It depends on the effect you require, it is quite subjective. We do all of them.

Clear to cloudy for gaming and social-energetic effect.

Cloudy for movies and chilling around the braai- relaxing effect.

Cloudy/Amber for sore muscles and a good sleep- couchlock

You can tailor the effect depending on what you require. You could harvest the plant in stages a week or two apart to get multiple effects from the same plant.

Great explanation and advise, thank you. I will definately harvest a week or so apart to enjoy it to the fullest.