Cape Town Cannabis Cup 2022

THCSA

15 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Are there prizes for the winners?

Yip. Praxis Glass is blowing custom glass prizes. Spent R10k on them. And there's whatever the sponsors chip in. 

Also have glass trophies. 

May add a cash prize for the winner, but I don't want to promise anything yet. 

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

12 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

How many tickets are being sold? How many is still left? I won some and now you guys all need to join. @ORGANinc. your wife must give you the day off. Expo in the morning and cup in the afternoon.

Will have to see, got a busy day already. Will bring the whole family to the expo though 🙏🏼

A very big thank you to those who bought passes or entered their bud. 

Judge passes sold out a few days ago and we have 20 cultivars entered. 

A bunch of judged have have come from America, Holland and Canada. 

The support from local brands and international brands has been amazing. 

Looking forward to meeting some of you there. 

• Like 5
  • Fire! 3

2 hours ago, CoolJ said:

Just came from the event now and it was great! Really a treat and getting to meet loads of awesome peeps. I wish I stayed longer to watch them announce the winners but after 20 bongs I was ready for some food and a rest. 

IMG_20220326_141453.jpg

IMG_20220326_141030.jpg

IMG_20220326_172527.jpg

Agreed. It was a killer event. The way it was setup, the vibe, alles lekker. And the bud entries were all fire. I couldn't sample all of them though, joh haven't been quite so stoned in a bit

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Strain details:

(Chemdog 91 x SFV Bx2) x Chemdog 91 Bx2 bred by Skunk_VA from Lucky Dog Seed Co.
So it is essentially a Chem 91 backcross. I had 7 phenos to work through, but they were all very uniform and heavily Chem 91 dominant as you would expect from a cross like this.

THC number only came in at 19.9% but I have some experience with the machine they used for testing, and it is stingy with the numbers. The important thing is that all 20 entries were tested the same way, so the number is just a reference point. 

You will notice from the photos that while she has some decent trich production, she is no frost monster. I promise that she will blow you out of your socks though. I only smoke her once every few weeks, as I sometimes get a little anxious when I smoke her.

Double_Krush.jpg

Double_Krush_2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Fire! 7

High all. 

Will publish the results and names next week when back at the office. 

Taking a short break to savour CT. 

A huge dankie to all the entrants, judges and sponsors. As well as Sensiva Cafe. 

This was a short notice event but was an opportunity to get the joint rolling. 

The feedback has been amazing. People and brands are jumping on board for 2023 already. 

Definitely some things to do next time that will make it bigger and better. Including HPLC testing. 

Will share as many pics and vids here as a I can. Didn't really take any of my own:(

This was a be there to experience it kinda thing. The buds and company were top shelf. 

I will be growing this event slowly each year to ensure that it is sustainable and dank AF. 

There has also been requests for a Joburg cup. 

What do you think? 

• Like 12
  • Fire! 2