Cape Town Cannabis Cup 2022

THCSA

42 minutes ago, Khakibos said:

Will bud that is entered/accepted be tested for contaminants ?  

What you treating your plants with...

surprised steve urkel GIF

I stand to be corrected, however companies which are able to test cannabis for contaminants in SA does not fully exist yet. I was actually looking for some, there was one I stumbled upon but they're still awaiting approval and to receive the samples to calibrate their equipment with.

Also not the cheapest and it just compares it against a list of contaminants, so if the contaminant is not on that list then it won't be detected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

What you treating your plants with...

surprised steve urkel GIF

I stand to be corrected, however companies which are able to test cannabis for contaminants in SA does not fully exist yet. I was actually looking for some, there was one I stumbled upon but they're still awaiting approval and to receive the samples to calibrate their equipment with.

Also not the cheapest and it just compares it against a list of contaminants, so if the contaminant is not on that list then it won't be detected.

QURE does test for certain contaminants eg. mycotoxins, heavy metals, pesticides. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Hmm, how accurate is that and do you have a list of the pesticides and contaminants they test for?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

As far as i know they only test for certain contaminants. Most certainly not for every contaminant under the sun but the best that we have in SA at the moment when it comes to testing according to what i've heard from friends.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Khakibos said:

Will bud that is entered/accepted be tested for contaminants ?  

Will only be running standard tests at the venue with 2 portable units.

Qure have offered full tests for 2023 as will have more time to co-ordinate with the growers.

This is an opportunity to start somewhere and build for 2023. It's also far more than anyone else in the community has attempted so far.

@Khakibos, are you gonna enter or be a judge?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, THCSA said:

Cannabis is 420% subjective and I respect that some opinions are held higher than others. The event is open to anyone who wants to judge.
Everyone get's one vote.

True! There's gona be a winner and chances are good it's not gona be every judges top pick. it's not like the buds will be running a race against eachother and first over the line is the winner lol there are way too many criteria to not be subjective 😁 

18 hours ago, THCSA said:

You coming?

Hell yeah, I would like to be a judge on the day. For now the date is conflicting with arrangements that I am trying to wriggle myself out of before buying a ticket. If I don't make it on the day I'll be trying my best to make it to the expo on one of the other days. 🤙

26 minutes ago, THCSA said:

This is an opportunity to start somewhere and build for 2023. It's also far more than anyone else in the community has attempted so far.

I think it's safe to say I am speaking on behalf of the whole community when I say we all whole-heartedly appreciate the moves you guys are making. there are sooooo many of us out here and we all been hoping and dreaming of this since the day we took our first puff, now it's time. MORE POWER TO YOU @THCSA 💪 

:-respect 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 2/15/2022 at 12:58 PM, THCSA said:

The growers have spoken and we have listened.

Dropped the entrance to 25g.

You can enter here

https://thehighco.co.za/cape-town-cannabis-cup-application/

Will allow a few more entrants to keep the judges fueled.

Here's some pics from The Continental Cannabis Cup a couple of years ago that inspired this event.

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 1.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 2.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 3.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 4.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 5.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 6.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 7.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 8.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 9.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 10.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 11.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 12.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 13.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 14.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 15.jpg

Cape Town Cannabis Cup 16.jpg

Ahhh this is a good plan forward. Less entry per gram and more growers.

I see you are accepting entries... should one just enter and request that the strain be acceptable for your selection, have the strains been listed yet, I may have missed this?

• Like 3

On 2/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, ORGANinc. said:

Ahhh this is a good plan forward. Less entry per gram and more growers.

I see you are accepting entries... should one just enter and request that the strain be acceptable for your selection, have the strains been listed yet, I may have missed this?

Entry still open.

Can enter here

https://thehighco.co.za/cape-town-cannabis-cup-application/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Super stoked to confirm that Greenhouse Seed Company has joined as a main sponsor.

Arjan will be there to judge and say a few words.

The Dab Star crew will also be there and a few more international guests are expected.

A very big dankie to all of the sponsors who have jumped have helped make the cup a reality, as well as the entrants who are putting their buds to a trial of faya.

• Dab Star 
  • Greenhouse Seed Company
  • White Glove Botanicals
  • Wicked Imports
  • Qure Analytics
  • Dagga Pharmacy
  • Marijuana SA
  • Breaking Dabs
  • The Green Affiliate 
  • Cannaclone
  • Herbal Preserver
  • ExploGrow
  • Gro Hydro
  • Green Smoke Room

Honourable mention to Praxis Glass who are blowing some amazing prizes.

1388485011_CapeTownContinentalCannabisCup-POSTER-sponsors.thumb.jpg.4a8942ea66baaa723f7d1b81244f3776.jpg

• Like 5
  • Fire! 7