DIY Dome

The Grass Baas

Watsup folks.

Nothing major here. Just thought I would share my interesting way of lighting and controlling the temps in my clone dome. Which is also not in a tent but in a cupboard on its own. Gets lonely in there so I thought I'd make it cozy. 

20220125_154844.thumb.jpg.6757463c8d32cbfe42091a79bce38b70.jpg

20220125_154849.thumb.jpg.4f7f78d06ef042f2a2ec4d9c0fe405f3.jpg

This project is not the cheapest or anything but of leftover things I had lying around....trust me.... I had a heating pad and 240/12v converter just lying around. I got a nifty little power box, some twinflex wires and a sonoff sensor. I bought some led cool white strips which was also very cheap. These had a sticky back and I could bend it quite abit. I took the cupboard board out and stuck my LED at the bottom of it. That then connects to the 12v converter where th 240v power comes in. I think you could probably buy 240v LED strips but I don't know if they are as versatile as the 12v LED strips. I also run these lights 24 hrs a day. No timer but you could add one very easily in the power box.

20220125_154857.thumb.jpg.7078fe9036dfcb93a45e15bc00534c1d.jpg

I connected the heating pad to a sonoff sensor and then to the 240v power. The sensor is a little black wire that runs from the power box to the dome. I set my temps so that if the dome is colder than 20°C the heating pad will switch on and off if it is warmer than 24°C. This helps alot in winter but in summer it doesn't help much.

All in all not the cheapest or easiest project but could maybe help someone with their own ideas on how to build something like this. Also to expand and add more would be very easy too. 

Thanks for watching. 

Edited by The Grass Baas
As usual....spelling
  • Like 6
  • Fire! 1

nice work man! 

a temperature regulated clone space is really ideal for faster cloning. very cool.

i have tinkered with those strip lights before, they arent very good for growing, but they do a great job at lighting the are, and giving the cuttings just enough light to do their things.

10\10 from me bru!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

@CreX Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. 

@Ill_Evan Thanks man

I agree on the strips. Terrible for growing, but works very well on the rooting. I had these little 12v led bars but the wires eventually broke because we would have to move them everday when opening the dome. Over time your start understanding what works best in your unique situation.

• Like 2