Khoisan arrested for cannabis

Chris Jay

This is a developing story here in South Africa of Khoisan protestors outside the houses of parliament being arrested for their legal cannabis crop. I will post more later, right now, video and links.

Braveheart

BBC News
_122670793_mediaitem122670790.jpg

South Africa's 'King Khoisan' arrested over cannabis plants at president's...

Protesters planted the cannabis in a vegetable garden near the South African president's workplace.

• Like 3

Honestly, this is outrageous, many headlines say he was cultivating and trafficking, even selling dagga there.

I think this man needs representation. He made that land his private property as a finger to government, and for so long they couldn't do anything about it and still can't. But now the interesting part is this.

The king and his family are growing all their produce on the land. Now he is without the right to grow his dagga for some or another reason, the right we all have... this public act of stripping the Khoi san King of his right to cultivate cannabis is significant.

This man needs representation. 

• Like 4

Kinda messed up seeing as the Khoisan existed before these "cannabis laws". Even more disgusting how government can treat the true historical indigenous people like this. In fact it is every nation that stomps on their indigenous peoples, just look at the Native Americans in the States and Aborigines in Australia. 

I think these Khoisan that setup themselves by the Union buildings have been quite a headache to our government and government have been looking for any means to disrupt, annoy or harass these people without causing too much of a stir. 

Gotta love the Khoisan with an iPhone though. You know these guys have been camping at the Union Buildings for three years now!? Jitte. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Kinda messed up seeing as the Khoisan existed before these "cannabis laws". Even more disgusting how government can treat the true historical indigenous people like this. In fact it is every nation that stomps on their indigenous peoples, just look at the Native Americans in the States and Aborigines in Australia. 

I think these Khoisan that setup themselves by the Union buildings have been quite a headache to our government and government have been looking for any means to disrupt, annoy or harass these people without causing too much of a stir. 

Gotta love the Khoisan with an iPhone though. You know these guys have been camping at the Union Buildings for three years now!? Jitte. 

#ICANTWEED 😭

• Sad 1

It is unfortunate that this has happened. It has little to do with cannabis imo. Sure the plant has been the scapegoat once again for an unnecessary show of force from Saps. 

This is about our national keypoints though. With the Parliament fire we can expect a hard change at all the keypoints. 

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

It's the police distracting from the fact they stuffed up with the fire.
Police are in charge of security at national key points or should I say the lack of security.
That a homeless dude wandered into a fenced precinct, climbed through a window and took a stroll through a building that has security cameras on every corner.
No one in the security control room noticed this.
But our great police service caught the terrorist 3 hours later.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

• Like 1