topdressing flowering fertilizer ?

Hey guys been a while 🙂

my outdoor grow is going really really well and need some suggestions 

image0.thumb.png.54278ae0d51c52dcdc67f42ab8597ca6.pngimage1.thumb.png.4dc932bd6efe7f7c21a51a0f46fe7160.pngimage2.thumb.png.0dce4f17ed823fd7f626e64c1d7a6dc6.png

ive been using using my mix of seagrow and biogrow biotrissol for these girls , but its becoming quite a nightmare mixing so much nutrients for the 6ft monsters on the left.

ive been looking around for some top dressing flowering nutrients (ideally organic). I found the green house biobloom but thats gonna cost an arm and a leg . So has anyone found anything around in SA or a recipe they have made up themselves ?

(had to also show off the amazing grapefruit sourz im growing on the right by @Totemic 😉 )

• Like 2
  • Fire! 1

2 hours ago, Khakibos said:

Those are some nice trees you got there !👀😁 

I recently picked up some taleborne organics Vita Veg for my herbs and I saw they have a Fruit and Flower range as well 

FertilizerCat0302_E.pdf (talborne.co.za) - I see its Ph'd at 7,7 which I don't know if it will cause issues or not 

thanks man ! , they seem to have a nice range , ill defiently take a look at them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weskush said:

Very nice brother👌The more cost effective way will be dry amendments. Kelp Meal, Insect frass, Bat Guano etc. EPIC5:2 works great. With these a little goes a long way✌️

ive been looking at the bat guano from the hydroponics store and some kelp meal for the topdress mix , the NPK on the bat guano is amazing (3-13-4) but would like to add some extra potassium with the kelp meal (1-0-4).

you reckon a slightly dialed back dose of each bat guano and kelp meal  ( like 75% recommended dose ) would do the trick ? 

• Like 1

Aweh @Scoobydoob

Those girls look good and healthy man.

The Vitaveg route will work if you want an offtheshelf solution. Big girls need a lot of food and it can get pricey.

Topdressing for flower, you'll need P and K with a bit of N. The plants will use what they need from what you feed them.

P-Good clean woodash will work(charcoal will work also, but not briquettes), does have a high ph, so don't go overboard. A light sprinkling will do, 2 handfulls/plant.

K-Bananas, can blend them into a tea with water and molasses(skins and all-let stand 24hrs) or let them go overripe and dig them into the soil around the stems and water it in.

A good organic fert- The herb Comfrey Comfrey grows easily and the leaves can be mulched into the soil as a topdress or made into a tea by blending with water and molasses. The nutrients in leaves can also be extracted by fermentation.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Scoobydoob said:

ive been looking at the bat guano from the hydroponics store and some kelp meal for the topdress mix , the NPK on the bat guano is amazing (3-13-4) but would like to add some extra potassium with the kelp meal (1-0-4).

you reckon a slightly dialed back dose of each bat guano and kelp meal  ( like 75% recommended dose ) would do the trick ? 

Go for it! These amendments won't burn your plants so no stress. I still swear by Epic 5:2. 1/4 teaspoon dilluted with 10L rainwater once a week. Stuff is magic🔥

Edited by Weskush
  • Like 1

WhatsUp Scoooooobydoooobydoooooo! 

Man, I think all the above replies will give good results, and going into flower those girls are going to get  big so possibly also look into support physically... but in terms of nutritional, I don't think you should be erring on the side of caution. You want to make sure the bulk of the nutritional needs are met and as soon as possible and that is usually an A - Z approach. 

The Elemental blend from Dirty Hands would be your best bet, instead of trying to get all the right amounts of Cal, Phos, Potassium etc. Here's a product that should have them from many different sources so it will bring nice diversity to the soil, and also in the right ratio, very important. 

There are so many amendments in the product, it would certainly cover all bases.

Goodluck and nice work on those plants, they look brilliant!👏

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CreX said:

ay im seeing the RED Talborne bag is turning some heads !!

i use it in my veg totes often with the greatest results - and the stuff is really cheap, and has mycorrhizal fungi in it - you really cant go wrong with the red bag 

It has myco as well? Oh wow, I never knew that.

Makes it even better!

I have used the Talborne red, green and yellow in my garden and so far so good.

Will mix some into the house plants as well when needed.

• Like 2