Help needed with growth assessment

Hi guys!!! Thanks for taking your time out of your schedule to read this thread. I recently started growing some indoor female genetic and I’m still a complete novice at it. The little plants are about 15 days old. I need as much assessment as possible. Is this the normal size for 15 days old plants? Am I missing something or should I just wait it out?? I

*** The older plant in the picture is a lemon haze and she is about 64 days old and I’m not sure if I should start prepping it for flowering? I topped it earlier today and still looking out for results. I am growing in coco coir in a 150x150x200 cm tent. I also need someone to tell me if the leaves on all plants are looking healthy enough or has signs of deficiencies??

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

91971889fa2450734de76d920dbf9c36.jpg

0612a091d12b54f6aa7eeb7abf1b3057.jpg

7421c71f7740e3357240c7648c8261e4.jpg

57cc0ef9f8f059a9dcd12c522b962bd6.jpg

b2886246065428f5c110d6a4bb0a50e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodmorning young grasshopper, how bout a little intro thread for us? There is a topic option created specifically for that 😁

anyhow, Happy New Year 🥳

I would defs say to wait it out rather than doing something drastic so early on, all those plants that are up mean business and they can all deliver a full crop, so yeah hang in there. 

you gona have to give us some more info, though based on the 15 days alone I would say you're doing fine, but then again this might all be flipped on it's head depending on a whole number of things as the plant really is still too young to make any big calls.

here is what I would like to know from you - did you buffer your coco, or is the coco you bought already buffered? what water do you give? Tap? RO? how much and how often? have you given any kind of nutrients? did you pop those seeds straight in those pots? 

from the photos, what I can see is a seedling in a big pot, you've probably heard and seen some stuff on growers using small pots for small plants and there is reasoning behind that. you see the roots of a cannabis plant prefers not standing in stagnant water at all. when growing in a medium I follow the 3 day rule, if my mediun takes longer than 3 days to dry up to the point where the pot feels light when I pick it up then I know my pots are either too big and the plant can't suck up enough water an my environmental conditions don't allow the medium to dry out either, and/or I am giving too much water.

the first thing that jumped into my mind is that you might have stunted growth a little bit by overwatering / too much wet media gor plant to use all the available water

- the material bags as grow pots are meant to aid in this, as plastic pots take longer to dry out, but by over potting and soaking the media you're kinda defeating the purpose of the material bag/pot

before taking my advice and running with it, please answer those questions about the water and media you're using, because based on all that you might be revealing a whole different problem.

when growing in coco you need to watch your ph, very very important, you know what ph you working with?

Good afternoon buddy. Thanks for the response. It is well appreciated. I am sorry for not introducing myself. I will do that right after this reply. I am growing in pre-buffered coco coir purchased from biltong & budz. I bought a ph tester but I absolutely don’t know how to use it. So instead of using a wrong reading, I’m just watering with straight tap water which I know could be a big problem. I water every 3 days. The young plants have been given little or no nutes. And in regards to the pot size, I noticed that the ones in smaller pots are growing fairly faster than the OG in the big pot. I have spent reasonable amounts of time and money on these girls. I don’t want to lose them 🥲🥲41e3b9d53282021ce282edf7cfd05df1.jpg Tye

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, Righteoussower said:

Good afternoon buddy. Thanks for the response. It is well appreciated. I am sorry for not introducing myself. I will do that right after this reply. I am growing in pre-buffered coco coir purchased from biltong & budz. I bought a ph tester but I absolutely don’t know how to use it. So instead of using a wrong reading, I’m just watering with straight tap water which I know could be a big problem. I water every 3 days. The young plants have been given little or no nutes. And in regards to the pot size, I noticed that the ones in smaller pots are growing fairly faster than the OG in the big pot. I have spent reasonable amounts of time and money on these girls. I don’t want to lose them 🥲🥲41e3b9d53282021ce282edf7cfd05df1.jpg Tye

Goooodmorning!

cool you good with the pre-buffered coco, step one is a ✅

the ph pen, there really isn't much to it. you put it on and stick it in the water...

stir the water so you have it all nicely mixed, dip the probe, it will give a reading, usually fluctuates for a minute before it settles and whatever it says is what the ph is. I see you have a ph up there, I assume the other bottle is ph down. if you got high ph you give a few drops of the "ph down" and vice versa if it's too low. you keep the probe in the water while you do this and keep stirring the water, check the probe and give a minute after every drop or two, you'll see the ph changing and when it hits the desired numbers you know you're good. 👍

the tap water with coco - eh..... not always a big problem, the bigger problem in that regard is that there are no nutrients in the water. I can tell you, move over to filter or bottle or RO water, but you'll still be lacking nutrients in all of these cases. coco is inert, not having any nutrient value, I am sure you know this going down that road, so your grow will be considered a hydroponic grow. you'll have to continuously stick to a feeding regime all the way from week 2 till a week or two before harvest. I see you got the flora bloom there, where is the rest of it? the bloom you only need at the end of the grow, you gona need a veg nutrient for the beginning and basically all the rest. probably a calmag supplement an perhaps a form of micro nutrients depending on what's in the grow/veg nutrient you getting.

ph needs to be taken with every single feeding, no jokes. you will also benefit from doing slurry/runoff ph tests every now and then to see if your medium ph is in check, cause that can make drastic swings aswell. or you can get a super expensive soil ph probe (don't waste your money on a cheapy) 

golden key here - take ph reading after adding nutrients to water as this will change the ph aswell, take the ph reading after and adjust accordingly

cannabis plants in a hydroponic / soilless growing medium call for a bit lower ph range than in organic situations. you'll have to aim for that 5.5 range when the plant is young and as it gets bigger and starts taking in different nutrients at different times and in different ratios you can slowly and strategically let the ph climb never going higher than 6.5 by the time you harvesting the plant.

did you get a feeding schedule with that flora coco? I'd say you should start giving them something, usually a feeding schedule/chart will tell you what and how and when, but it will start with the veg nute alone at minimal dose. I would even half the recommended doses when the plants are still babies, rather too little than too much but still better than nothing.

lastly, with coco it's really hard to over water when the plants have their roots nicely established, infact I heard from the coco growers it's best to keep the coco moist at all times and never let it dry out even once. however if you got a seedling in a big pot like that it's more important to not saturate the whole pot as cannabis seedlings do not like excess water at all. excess water will stunt seedlings and this is what I think you dealing with.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Righteoussower said:

All seedlings did not make it. Except for the gorilla glue. A true gorilla. Should I top yet?1d9e002c654fb74b4b77b80a63f37c10.jpg

faqme bru you lost seedlings you already popped? usually it's with the seed pop most people have trouble with and from there it just gets easier. 

can we have photos of how they looked when you discovered they where dead? this will be a tell tale to what went wrong as with seeslings there can really only be a few things that went wrong...

important question here - you growing autos or photoperiods?

if photoperiods I would advise to use smaller pots when popping seeds and don't saturate the medium. 

if autos, same pots, but don't saturate the medium. 

just going off photos you showed thusfar it looks like you got a 10L pot or bigger with a seedling in it and the medium looks completely saturated - this is already bad - then I see you still got a humidifier in there pushing the RH up and not allowing the pots to dry out even furthering the problem. 

chances of underwatering in your case is probably very slim. 

you say you just using buffered coco with tap water, so shouldn't be a PPM issue. and with the seedlings that young it shouldn't be a PH issue either unless you gave them straight acid. this doesn't mean you don't have to keep ph in check, especially for you growing in coco. 

I am leaning towards damping off the seedlings, too much water, but I really can't tell without more photos

• Like 2

Good morning!!! Crazy how I lost that much seedlings. I was away for a while and had someone in charge. Came back and realised he gave them undiluted nutes. I am growing photo... The pot size is actually 5 litres. That plant was last watered 4 days ago. The water-like marks on the pot are as a result of accumulated watering overtime. So it’s stuck on there because it is a grey pot. I am very cautious with watering. I wanted to add some firmness to the roots, that’s why I have not watered for 4 days. But I will be, today. And lastly, there was no humidifier on at all. I had the plant on my window for a little sunlight. Because , I discovered that, sun treats them of many disorders. I live in a high building where humidity is almost always balanced without me having to put a humidifier on.

• Like 1

lol bro it's kinda obvious then that the seedlings wouldn't make it. sorry I just jumped into advice giving mode when I saw you lost the seedlings I thought it was to your own volition. 

yeah, don't feed undiluted nutes. on anything else that went down I can't be giving advice at all.

about the humiduty, what is this foggyness in the photo here, just some smoke then or something? 

20220114_081402.thumb.jpg.5311b3514592811cb14ec7197ddbcbdf.jpg

oh well, whatever it was, you seem to know what you should and shouldn't be doing and that everything would've went down A-OK if it wasn't for the undiluted nutes. 😅 🤙

2 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

The spirits leaving the seedlings. 

must be 😅

the auto/photo thing goes out the window when the whole undiluted nute thing came up as this is something you can do with neither of the two types of plants.

I hope your friend is buying you some new seeds?? concidering you didn't tell him to give undiluted nutes, hopefully. so he needs to caugh it up. daaaaamn!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marzcanna said:

Are those 5 L your final containers? I don't go anything less than 15L even with coco. More roots more fruits. All the best with your grow bro

you should try a tote grow some time then man 😛 im feeling you on the better roots, better fruits vibe 😉 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

In regards to humidity, I thought you were talking about the new picture I uploaded. This particular picture you made reference to, there was definitely a humidifier on. I’m not by any means saying I am a professional grower. If I was, I would not have lost 4 plants. Don’t you think? Lol... but we live and we learn. I have 4 more new seedlings and they sprouted fine. Now hoping for the best. And using the bit of knowledge I have gotten from this very helpful community. Peace x love....

• Like 1

Ma se sleg man! I would firstly hand out a moerse pk to your friend, if he was educated by yourself, otherwise i would look deeply into the mirror and promise myself to never let someone else take "care" of my babies. Only you know your plants. Therefore only you feed and take care of them. Live and learn brother✌️

Edited by Weskush
  • Like 1

Ma se sleg man! I would firstly hand out a moerse pk to your friend, if he was educated by yourself, otherwise i would look deeply into the mirror and promise myself to never let someone else take "care" of my babies. Only you know your plants. Therefore only you feed and take care of them. Live and learn brother

I’m definitely going to grab a mirror now and promise myself that. If I had commercial intentions, I’d be dead by now!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3f5f7b7070c984e72fab33370f9ace05.jpg
Top of the morning to my 420 fam. This is what my gorilla glue looks like right now. Did some really crude lst but hopefully it works. It has gotten significantly bushy since the training started about a week ago though. But the canopy is far from even. Any remarks??

Wishing you all elevation, good health and inner peace this year.

17 hours ago, Righteoussower said:

Almost third week of switching to 12/12.

hey bud, hope you are well.

so you're on 12/12, when the tent is dark inside there are no light leaks or plugs with lights on them inside the tent? 12hrs dark needs to be completely dark. like black out dark. 

even if so, you wont be seeing buds for a while still. if you want to catch those very very first signs of flowers you have to get real close and take a look at the nodes. you'll see something called pistils. these are your first signs of flowers, but it will be quite a while still before buds start forming. 

if you have everything in check and on point, a thing to consider, longer flower cycles indicate Sativa growth charactaristics and some strains can still 'veg' or 'pre-flower stretch' after you switched light cycle for up to 6 weeks before first pistils. very few strains do this, but it's not impossible. 

I throw a few photos up so you know what to look for 😁

20220123_063347.thumb.jpg.c4691f543d0a8f66b1c312e908b5ca24.jpg

20220123_063305.thumb.png.c81f8f7961618b937dd851b3c6414066.png

pre-flowers-female-cannabis-huge-pistils-sm.jpg.8a241383eebd93b85ff576fca6ec27d6.jpg

:-rasta

• Like 1

hey bud, hope you are well.
so you're on 12/12, when the tent is dark inside there are no light leaks or plugs with lights on them inside the tent? 12hrs dark needs to be completely dark. like black out dark. 
even if so, you wont be seeing buds for a while still. if you want to catch those very very first signs of flowers you have to get real close and take a look at the nodes. you'll see something called pistils. these are your first signs of flowers, but it will be quite a while still before buds start forming. 
if you have everything in check and on point, a thing to consider, longer flower cycles indicate Sativa growth charactaristics and some strains can still 'veg' or 'pre-flower stretch' after you switched light cycle for up to 6 weeks before first pistils. very few strains do this, but it's not impossible. 
I throw a few photos up so you know what to look for
pre-flowers-female-cannabis-huge-pistils-sm.jpg.8a241383eebd93b85ff576fca6ec27d6.jpg
:-rasta

Thanks for your effort bro. And yes, I’m good. Hope you are, too. I have done and still doing all that. I made sure that all the plug lights within the tent are well taped. However, I can see the pistils you mentioned, clearly. So, fingers crossed. Happy weekend!

• Like 2

Hey bud, sjew fok I can't see any pistils there, but the photo might just not show it. 

Look at the phots I posted here 

On 1/23/2022 at 6:35 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

you gotta get into those nodes man nice and close up.  

then I just quickly wana adress something else, I see in this photo here.... 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, Righteoussower said:

84404d372226301e2d0cab02a79145bb.jpg

Are these plants planted directly into the transparent cups?  

If so I would advise against it as roots don't wana see the light. they prefer it pitch black underground. and if the roots are stunted the rest of the plant will stunt too. 

then I also see you got a auto in that small cup. I have never grown autos myself, but word around town is they don't do well with repotting and any bit of stress will make them kick in their heels and show you the finger. 😅 rule of thumb with autos is to pop the seed straight in their final pot. 

😁🤘

• Like 1