Riettevdm

Hi guys, I am a newbie and getting ready to get my grow tent, lights ext. together. 

I am not sure witch lights to choose. I am looking at the  QUANTUM BOARD 120W GROW LIGHT and 100W COB LED Grow Light – ModOne™. 

I am going to start with auto flowers. Any advise on the lights please?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hi guys, I am a newbie and getting ready to get my grow tent, lights ext. together. 
I am not sure witch lights to choose. I am looking at the  QUANTUM BOARD 120W GROW LIGHT and 100W COB LED Grow Light – ModOne
I am going to start with auto flowers. Any advise on the lights please?
Many thanks

Howzit. Have a look at @Light It Up they have a special on a 240W QB.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@Riettevdm

welcome, hope you are well

listen to mr.Dave and go for the 240w. anything smaller will be a waste and you'll have to add or upgrade soon soon. 

what size tent you going for? even with the smaller 80×80 tent you wana go 240w minimum, but I would also not recommend the smaller tents as they usually just a stepping stone to something bigger. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Riettevdm said:

I am getting a 2.4 X 1.2 X2m tent. 

How many 240W QB's you planning to get? I think you'll need minimum 3-4 of those for that space. I have the same size tent and you're going to need quite a bit of light to make that footprint work for you

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

fok that's a big tent 😅

you gona need a lot of light for that size tent, if you get only one of the 240w qbs you'll only have round about a 1mx1m of decent coverage in that space, and theoretically it'll be even less efficient, because in your tent the light wont have the reflective walls at the 1mx1m border to bounce back off of, so you will "loose" that light off to the sides. this is the whole point of the reflective insides of the tents. 

you can always add lights as you go, which is nice when working with those small qbs, they take up very little space, easy to work with and all that so you can hang a lot of them with ease. 

I would also say at least 3 of them in that tent and 4 max, you can play around with the dim and brightness settings too if you get the right lights so keep that in mind 

excited to see you put the setup together! 

• Like 3

@Don Pablo
I am going to get a IMF Plastic Inline Fan, carbon filter, DEHUM12LLE, Dehumidifier 12 L Meaco, and some DESKCLIPFAN, 15cm Desk & Clip Fans.
I wanted to get a ram inline fan because it is a bit cheaper but the reviews does not look that good, apparently it is very noisy.
I don't find my RAM fan all that noisy.
They also have 2 speed settings in them.

Those clip on fans often don't last, may be better to go with a box fan instead.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Riettevdm said:

@Naughty.PsychonautI have sent them an email with a photo.  Will have to see what their reply is.

was the seeds from a trusted breeder? and was it in original packaging?

there's so much back and forth surrounding seedbanks replacing seeds, I get that it can cause a bit of a stir when the growers could be to blame in some cases, like low germination numbers, high hermie numbers, all that jazz... but in this case there was never any female flowers forming, so it's just false advertisement or a packaging flaw. that's something completely out of your hands and it's not what you paid for. If Marijuana Seeds South Africa knows what's good for them they'll send you a replacement otherwise that's just bad business and you have the option to not support them in future. 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Riettevdm said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut, I bought them from Marijuana Seeds South Africa

I got my Nirvana seeds from them, they shouldn't have a problem replacing your seeds, although I think they will be just as surprised as you because I don't think they sell any regular/male seeds :poke

• Like 1