We have a forum fly....

420SA

Sorry for the recent bursts of totally random but very baitworthy threads being thrown out by certain "seed companies"...

There is one guy, or bot, that is signing up under a multitude of different seedbank names and trying to get traction by using commonly searched keywords in his topic titles.

He's proving to be quite persistent as he continues to sign up under more accounts. Unfortunately we cannot ban his IP as his IP is continually changing as well.

Please bare with us as we try to handle him. He should give up eventually. If you spot any suspicious baiting topics please report the topic immediately

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire! 3

7 minutes ago, Weskush said:

Adding to that. I am more than willing to contribute to a membership fee or donation to support this forum. Don't know how the other members feel about this. Scamsters will hopefully look elsewhere if it ain't free.

The forum does have a donate button on the home page, and has the store. 

Regarding the membership fee idk about if any threads or even the clubs should fall behind a paywall, people like using the forum (any social platform actually) because it's free with access to tons of information and advice.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Khakibos said:

The forum does have a donate button on the home page, and has the store. 

Regarding the membership fee idk about if any threads or even the clubs should fall behind a paywall, people like using the forum (any social platform actually) because it's free with access to tons of information and advice.

I get you. I just feel that what this forum offers is worth much more than just a free thread. This is weed school man😁. Look at what guys like Cheeba etc charge for their courses. We get it for mahala. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Weskush said:

Adding to that. I am more than willing to contribute to a membership fee or donation to support this forum. Don't know how the other members feel about this. Scamsters will hopefully look elsewhere if it ain't free.

I have pondered over the idea of a "Supporting Membership" with an annual fee but wouldn't want to keep any helpful info behind a paywall, but rather the membership would give access to exclusive giveaways and such from vendors etc.

The community however is still too small and it wouldn't make viable sense for giveaway sponsors I don't think.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 420SA said:

I have pondered over the idea of a "Supporting Membership" with an annual fee but wouldn't want to keep any helpful info behind a paywall, but rather the membership would give access to exclusive giveaways and such from vendors etc.

The community however is still too small and it wouldn't make viable sense for giveaway sponsors I don't think.

"Yet"

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Totemic said:

I've been trying to encourage that, but if by next year someone hasn't stepped up I'll sponsor seeds again

how many seeds needed for a comp about? i have about a large amount of seeds of about 2 strains (regs) that would love to see get grown out! Its those seeds that came from the last comp where i grew, flowered, pollinated the room with the Chocolope and managed to collect quite a few seeds. if i remember correctly, there were the Grape diamonds and my Aurora kush that were pollinated - i have another strain that i might be able to suggest as well, but need to check some things first.

if no breeder steps up to play a part - i will gladly donate those seeds

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CreX said:

how many seeds needed for a comp about? i have about a large amount of seeds of about 2 strains (regs) that would love to see get grown out! Its those seeds that came from the last comp where i grew, flowered, pollinated the room with the Chocolope and managed to collect quite a few seeds. if i remember correctly, there were the Grape diamonds and my Aurora kush that were pollinated - i have another strain that i might be able to suggest as well, but need to check some things first.

if no breeder steps up to play a part - i will gladly donate those seeds

Well it depends on how many contestants there are, and assume 5 or 6 seeds if they are regulars and 3 feminized seeds. 200-300 seeds would do it with current participation rates. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Khakibos said:

I'd like to see an outdoor grow off tbh 😁👀

We have done one, and while it is awesome to see plants grow into trees, it is a long season and outdoors is generally unforgiving. Makes it difficult to judge. 

If we do an outdoor I'd love to see what that Chocolope NL male of @CreX added to his aurora kush

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Totemic said:

Well it depends on how many contestants there are, and assume 5 or 6 seeds if they are regulars and 3 feminized seeds. 200-300 seeds would do it with current participation rates. 

Well.. 300 beans at R10 gives you a decent contribution.. I wouls say local genetics on the forum could easily go for R40 a bean that gives you R12000. If I take part again I will pay that easily.. I would also not mind to pay membership fees if it would help the forum.👌🌱

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Totemic said:

We have done one, and while it is awesome to see plants grow into trees, it is a long season and outdoors is generally unforgiving. Makes it difficult to judge. 

If we do an outdoor I'd love to see what that Chocolope NL male of @CreX added to his aurora kush

Let me get them out and do a count... I don't think I have 300 but I have a fair amount 👌😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Totemic said:

I totally get that a lot of people are going to run into problems, but it's the same with the indoor grow offs. I just think the outdoor grow will give more appealing to the average home-grower as they don't really have to put that money into an outdoor grow. Granted they will have to get a 10 pack plant 5 and keep 5 for a back up (a 6 pack will even work) just in case something goes wrong the season is long and will give people a chance to stay in the run ?

4 hours ago, CreX said:

Let me get them out and do a count... I don't think I have 300 but I have a fair amount 👌😁

I mean if you guys plan to do a 2022-2023 outdoor season grow off, I'm sure it'll give you a chance to maybe select a few plants from the cross to make the actual seeds for the grow off 😁👀

• Like 1