New StrainHunters launch

Chris Jay

@DamDave I couldn't find that article, but I remembered the Irrazinig episodes on The Pot Cast, it's kak long and in 2 parts (like 2 hours each) but a very nice listen. He does touch on the topic of domesticated/landraces and wild plants and other very interesting topics like plant classifications etc..

https://soundcloud.com/the_pot_cast/episode-46-ft-irrazinig-of-indian-landrace-exchange

• Like 2
  • Fire! 2

• 3 weeks later...

This was a good watch. Good discussion on the topic of landraces.

I wonder with regards to the topic of licensing strains as mentioned in this series, if the landrace strains are registered in the name of the local populace, what then happens with the Exodus and Sunset Sherbet strains they are growing? Wouldn't they technically need to then pay a license fee to Green House Co just as Green House Co would have to pay them for the landrace strains? 

Knowing Mzansi, a system like that will be exploited. 

Also sad to know that our government were spraying poison so haphazardly for 18 years. Where's the commission on that? 

• Like 3

Just watched all 3 now and really enjoyed it. Awesome to see all the fields along the Umzimvubu and what kinda genetics they hold. So much history and legacy that sits with those growers.

I must say that rafting trip they took is serious bucket list material

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Also sad to know that our government were spraying poison so haphazardly for 18 years. Where's the commission on that? 

Wouldn't hold my breath for that commission.

I think the emergence of activists such as the Dagga Couple and the Dagga Party, coupled with social media put that BS to an end. Somebody needed to stand up for those people as they had no voice for themselves.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 420SA said:

Just watched all 3 now and really enjoyed it. Awesome to see all the fields along the Umzimvubu and what kinda genetics they hold. So much history and legacy that sits with those growers.

I must say that rafting trip they took is serious bucket list material

I'm in on the rafting, 

Also, I have hand fulls of seeds from the land, and growers there, not regular bag seeds.

Which I have to offer here and there, whomever wants some.

• Like 2

Its a deep , dark  and sad story, and there should be a follow up to it, people/animals and land were taken advantage of. It feels like my catalyst, the guy who fought on the ground is sleeping on the other side of the house currently, I drink ( accidently ) with the guy who used to refuel those choppers and host them at the bottom of the Umzimvubu, we have had a couple debates, polar opposites. I gave this badge to Jules and Myrtle one night when they were about to go to sleep, you should have heard them when it landed on their bed. I think we had a coffee and another joint.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BeuaDXaAAlr/

The whole operation was funded by the CIA that are in South Africa !!!! 

Dagga Couple and the Dagga Party, coupled with social media put that BS to an end.

It was Simon Strainhunter on the ground, a surfer journalist and the might of the DC / FOGFA that put the nail in the coffin for this operation. It was a huge internationally funded operation and took place in Natal, Mpumulanga and down here in Pondoland. It also happened cross border, from Mpumulanga to Swaziland. Amazing what a handful of activists did and accomplished through the power of media. 

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chris Jay said:

It was Simon on the ground

That dude is power. Good on him. 

8 minutes ago, Chris Jay said:

It was a huge internationally funded operation and took place in Natal, Mpumulanga and down here in Pondoland.

What was the real goal? Or was it another simple financial repercussion of the war on drugs where they had a budget, a good salary and didn't question anything 😑

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

What was the real goal? Or was it another simple financial repercussion of the war on drugs where they had a budget, a good salary and didn't question anything 😑

yebo - ecomonic power and status.

the ouens getting their salaries don't even know why they doing it, it was the task at hand and the sooner they can clock out to go spend that fat check the better. 

this root goes down deep deep deeeeep, back to the mexican revolution back in early 1900's and stems from the reason cannabis was made illegal in the first place. 

might sound like people are looking to the easiest and first most logical reason there can be, but more often than not people like to look at things and make them way more complex than they actually are just to try understand them, when taking things at face value will bring you closer to the truth. They did it "because they can" 

they, the people deploying the helicopters, will give you 1000 different reasons why they're doing it trying to justify their stance, when in reality it's very simple - in certain parts of the world the last glimmer for a source of economic stability needs to be chocked out to help maintain the pyramid structure our society is built on that benefits only the tippy top of the 1%

the reason people like Simon and the team that helped him got their wishes, was because the poison sprayers literally had no foot to stand on for what they where doing other than "cannabis is illegal in some parts of the world" and that was not a good enough reason, but really, going back to the reason why it was made illegal, was based on this very same economic power struggle. 

Sadly cannabis wasn't even the original target, but just caught in the crossfire. During the power struggle, it was hemp standing in their way and was the main cause of the power struggle.

Hemp was made illegal when the DuPont family, who created the nylon empire, merged with te Hurst Family, who started up the biggest Timber company at the time. They used their money and power to befriend a guy named Harry J. Anslinger, first ever leader of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics when it was created in 1930. Together they flooded the media with anti-hemp propaganda, and the only angle they had to make Hemp look bad was that HJA was a fucking racist and out to make profits and as he quickly saw there was more money to be made in nylon and timber, so the only way was to lie about it and create 2 different things and demonising the one. Hemp was known by the masses as it was the only textile/paper resource at the time, so how do you make that product look bad? you can't.... but what you can do is associate it with cannabis. Cannabis tinctures and extracts where used as a medicine, all medical books had information on it at the time and the substance had high cause for abuse as with any medicine. The mexican jazz culture was also creating quite a buzz at the time, and the habitual use of cannabis became synonymous with mexican jazz. They focussed on calling it something else like "crazy tobacco" and newspapers where flooded with stuff about "reefer madness" and how "marijuana makes black people rape their mothers and sisters and kill their brothers" and a whole bunch of other racist fucked up lies, then they supressed any further research on the matter so no one could find out if any of this was true or even possible. Within a few months global perspective has shifted and everyone was OK with it being made illegal and since then all Hemp/Cannabis crop fields has been sprayed with poison. No reason needed... basically just to protect a entity that fucks the whole world up the butt and sucks us dry of valuable resources cutting down forrests and shit. 

So I guess the oncommission in a sense is the fact that there are probably some government bodies benefitting off the massive monopoly timber and nylon companies have that exsist in their countries by not making way for the hemp industry to take off again, because poor countries will become stable and independent and that's no good for the 1%. 🤓

• Like 3
  • Fire! 1

22 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Hemp was made illegal when the DuPont family, who created the nylon empire, merged with te Hurst Family, who started up the biggest Timber company at the time. They used their money and power to befriend a guy named Harry J. Anslinger, first ever leader of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics when it was created in 1930. Together they flooded the media with anti-hemp propaganda, and the only angle they had to make Hemp look bad was that HJA was a fucking racist and out to make profits and as he quickly saw there was more money to be made in nylon and timber, so the only way was to lie about it and create 2 different things and demonising the one. Hemp was known by the masses as it was the only textile/paper resource at the time, so how do you make that product look bad? you can't.... but what you can do is associate it with cannabis. Cannabis tinctures and extracts where used as a medicine, all medical books had information on it at the time and the substance had high cause for abuse as with any medicine. The mexican jazz culture was also creating quite a buzz at the time, and the habitual use of cannabis became synonymous with mexican jazz. They focussed on calling it something else like "crazy tobacco" and newspapers where flooded with stuff about "reefer madness" and how "marijuana makes black people rape their mothers and sisters and kill their brothers" and a whole bunch of other racist fucked up lies, then they supressed any further research on the matter so no one could find out if any of this was true or even possible. Within a few months global perspective has shifted and everyone was OK with it being made illegal and since then all Hemp/Cannabis crop fields has been sprayed with poison. No reason needed... basically just to protect a entity that fucks the whole world up the butt and sucks us dry of valuable resources cutting down forrests and shit. 

Its sounds far fetched but lots of truth in there. I think the Spraying in Pondoland was more along the lines of no one gave a shit, an American company ( Monsanto)  tightly involved and funded by DEA/CIA were running out of places to use their Agent Orange, South Africa was ripe for the picking. It was the ass end of the "drug war" and South Africa was a little insignificant, even if you take into account the growing area and the amount of biomass that is exported. Spraying humans, animals and land with a cancer causing chemical should not be a problem. Throw in the "I LOVE DAGGA" sticker. 

"The South African Police Service’s National Air Wing spent more than three weeks spraying dagga plantations with a chemical called Kilo Max, in the greater Lusikisiki area.

Drugs have proven to be a very difficult plague to control, not only in South Africa, but throughout the world. These exercises literally nip the dagga problem in the bud. It goes without saying that the abuse of drugs leads to other more serious crimes such as rape, murder, attempted murder and robbery with aggravated circumstances. Therefore, it has become imperative that we must be extremely decisive in the steps we take to drastically minimize this scourge. 

In this operation, some unknown people have been distributing stickers with messages such as "I love dagga" and pamphlets stating that the methods we are using to destroy the dagga, are unsafe and detrimental to the environment.  This is not true. The dosage used is so minimal that it only kills the dagga plant. We have found that the natural vegetation surrounding the dagga plants survives the spraying. These people even went as far as inciting people to cause harm to our police officers."

"Dagga plantations have been sprayed in this area for over 20 years. In all this time, not one person has been reported to have suffered any form of illness as a result of the chemical used."

Source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did they use Agent Orange in SA??

You never know, but I dont think so. However "agent orange" was a herbicide used in the Vietnam war and was a military grade herbicide made by the same company. The production of agent orange also supposedly stopped in the 70's but have lots of ties to Monsanto, RoundUp and Agent Orange.  

From 1965 to 1969, the former Monsanto Company manufactured Agent Orange for the U.S. military as a wartime government contractor.

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris Jay said:

Its sounds far fetched but lots of truth in there. I think the Spraying in Pondoland was more along the lines of no one gave a shit, an American company ( Monsanto)  tightly involved and funded by DEA/CIA were running out of places to use their Agent Orange, South Africa was ripe for the picking. It was the ass end of the "drug war" and South Africa was a little insignificant, even if you take into account the growing area and the amount of biomass that is exported. Spraying humans, animals and land with a cancer causing chemical should not be a problem. Throw in the "I LOVE DAGGA" sticker. 

"The South African Police Service’s National Air Wing spent more than three weeks spraying dagga plantations with a chemical called Kilo Max, in the greater Lusikisiki area.

Drugs have proven to be a very difficult plague to control, not only in South Africa, but throughout the world. These exercises literally nip the dagga problem in the bud. It goes without saying that the abuse of drugs leads to other more serious crimes such as rape, murder, attempted murder and robbery with aggravated circumstances. Therefore, it has become imperative that we must be extremely decisive in the steps we take to drastically minimize this scourge. 

In this operation, some unknown people have been distributing stickers with messages such as "I love dagga" and pamphlets stating that the methods we are using to destroy the dagga, are unsafe and detrimental to the environment.  This is not true. The dosage used is so minimal that it only kills the dagga plant. We have found that the natural vegetation surrounding the dagga plants survives the spraying. These people even went as far as inciting people to cause harm to our police officers."

"Dagga plantations have been sprayed in this area for over 20 years. In all this time, not one person has been reported to have suffered any form of illness as a result of the chemical used."

Source

This could be the case, but I have to say perhaps people like monsanto or who ever is behind all of it and who ever was paying them didn't give a shit, but saying no one gave a shit might not be so fair, because I think the gteater amount of people did give a shit. that's why they fought and got them to stop. The reason you gave and the quote from those sources all plays into all 1000 different angles of defence those guys will throw at you, so they can keep doing it and protect their bank or whatever agreements they have. when taken to court the platform for monsantos argument will be they did it, because cannabis is schedule 1 narcotic in some other parts of the world and they might be exporting it there. 

the situation about getting rid of the product or the argument about if it's carcinogenic or not is kind of irrelevant, but I am not surprised that if it was monsanto, or for that matter any branded company that wana push their product, will create a silly argument like that they can win in some way to distract a person from the real problem which is them killing the cannabis fields. monsanto has been in hot shit for many years about all kinds of crazy shit.

even if the shit they sprayed was a super nutrient for all other plants, and only killed the cannabis, the argument was that they didn't want them to kill their cannabis fields anymore and the focus was to get them to stop all together, not to spray a different product that's not carcinogenic but still kills the cannabis 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Fire! 1

I watched a video around 2016 on YouTube, with the sabc showing the helicopters and spraying the goods, but cant find it yet.

Here is a article from that video and same time.

They did show the barrel of poison if I recall in the video

http://thegreentimes.co.za/south-africa-stop-this-criminal-devastation-of-the-transkei-ecology/

Added, the details are in this article, Monsanto, Glyphosate, RoundUp Ultra (the new Agent Orange)

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
Added
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

monsanto has been in trouble from all sides surrounding their use of glyphosate. most FMCG crops that spray round up has heard the wrath from the public - no one wants round up around since many years ago. 

problem is they have the monopoly and they have the money to keep their names clean. they have been fighting the round up wars for many many years and they will always win.

long and short of it is monsanto is riding on the back of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics' stamp of approval, they gave the green light to monsanto to go spray. 

where the law was broken in this case, was not that they used glyphosate, instead it was because the FBN had no right to do what they did. if any given entity where trying to minimize dagga coming into their countries they can do so by patroling their borders, screening traffic and all that jazz. no country, not even the government has the right to cross borders into other countries and go spray poison on their crops.

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut
spelling
  • Agree 1

but saying no one gave a shit might not be so fair, because I think the greater amount of people did give a shit. 

Not many people did give a shit, or thought things could just stop.  David and Goliath story. Thinking about it, unreal how quickly they stopped. I think it was a little bit of magic that happened. No one from the group of activists has met the journalist  who published the story, it was just a group of people with a common cause who saw the tragic spraying that took place on those mountains.  Also think the powers that be, saw the shitstorm coming and folded their wings. The cops used to have shirts printed saying : " Just Spray IT " with a swoosh of a helicopter underneath. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1