Measuring Nutrients

Martin7318

So this may seem like a bit of a silly question,  but I'm interested in the responses. How do you guys measure out your nutes for feeding?

A syringe works great until the bottle starts running low. Also anything over 10ml requires multiple syringe fulls. Interested in what methods are used 😅

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 8:01 PM, Martin7318 said:

So this may seem like a bit of a silly question,  but I'm interested in the responses. How do you guys measure out your nutes for feeding?

A syringe works great until the bottle starts running low. Also anything over 10ml requires multiple syringe fulls. Interested in what methods are used 😅

https://www.crazyplastics.co.za/product/syringes-3-part-50ml

Problem solved.

• Like 2

I use a 10ml beaker and a 100ml beaker.

10ml for the smaller quantities, 100ml for the larger quantities. 

I use to use syringes, but honestly you do not need to be THAT precise with the nutes and it takes a lot of time, not to mention when the bottle starts to run empty it can be a bit of an issue. If I mix 41ml instead of 40ml, it really is not the end of the world.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

i use a Powder feed scoop for all my nute needs... 

most of my nutes are salt based and in salt form, so i have gotten accustomed to using it and can eyeball the amounts i need to within 5% of perfect, and then use a 50ml marked beaker for anything from 5ml to 50ml of the wet ingredients 

but with my IPM controls, everything has its own syringe and they are all appropriately sized, all the way from a 1ml syringe, to 10ml

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 9:47 AM, greenkush said:

Add to this a desired length of airline tubing used in aquariums(fits perfect on 50ml and 60ml syringes). Draw the nutes into the syringe, remove the airline tube while still in the nutrients container so not to mess the additional contents in the tube. Quick, easy, accurate and clean.  

modern-problems-require-modern-solutions.gif.76c5fe27a51bcbc6a9ed26a222644913.gif

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

42 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Add to this a desired length of airline tubing used in aquariums(fits perfect on 50ml and 60ml syringes). Draw the nutes into the syringe, remove the airline tube while still in the nutrients container so not to mess the additional contents in the tube. Quick, easy, accurate and clean.  

modern-problems-require-modern-solutions.gif.76c5fe27a51bcbc6a9ed26a222644913.gif

Yeah, that actually is a good idea. Nice one.

• Like 2

Use a tds/ec meter. Add either more water or more nutrients depending on what concentration you're going for.

I have a 150l reservoir. Mixing small amounts are too time consuming. I feed my potted plants from the reservoir and the ones in autopots get fed whenever they need it. ;)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1