Smelly Joe's Gaming Corner

Xbox Player for about a year and a half. Not sure if its my head/mind that just cant decide on games but I downloaded a lot of games and uninstalled cause I just cant get anything that keeps my attention or is "fun". 

The games that stay on my console that I play due to some buddies playing is :

Fortnite

Pubg

Gears of War etc

I am thinking of downloading Titanfall 2 and just want to know if anybody play it and what your thoughts are... 

Titanfall 2 is one of my personal favorites. I played mostly due to the campaign, but the multiplayer & co-op modes were also good when I got it back in the day.

edit: I see it still has a extremely good player count on all platforms

Edited by Khakibos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smelly Joe said:

I watched quite a lot of gameplay videos on YouTube and it looks really cool. 

I downloaded Rainbow Six but I just cant load into a match...... EVER.  I will puy Titanfall on download tonight and give it a go on the weekend... 

Siege is epic ! but yeah it's like no one is playing it these days, which sucks because it is one of the only games with South African servers on Xbox !

If you got that game pass subscription thing I'd highly recommend any of the Bethesda games if you're into campaign games. I own a few of them, the Wolfenstien games and the new Doom games are good if you into hardcore shooters, if you like something where you can just sit down and explore the game I'd suggest looking into Skyrim or Fallout (very different styles, but basically the same concept. They both are RPG's with like endless possibilities)

Edited by Khakibos
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

Xbox Player for about a year and a half. Not sure if its my head/mind that just cant decide on games but I downloaded a lot of games and uninstalled cause I just cant get anything that keeps my attention or is "fun". 

The games that stay on my console that I play due to some buddies playing is :

Fortnite

Pubg

Gears of War etc

I am thinking of downloading Titanfall 2 and just want to know if anybody play it and what your thoughts are... 

This is kinda part of the reason why I stopped playing games as well.

As a kid, the games which were available at the time which I loved playing were very different compared to what is available now which literally feels like the same game you've been playing for the past couple of years just with different looks and characters.

A lot of games have gone online and multiplayer too, which is cool and all but its soo repetitive and let's not get into the talk about how many hours some people spend playing and how good they are which can at times take the fun out of it... Counter Strike is like this for me - go around a corner and you're dead before you even get to see anyone.

You need to keep up with the meta, find OP combos, know the tricks and tips etc.

I did enjoy COD Mobile when I was playing it. I wouldn't mind an Oculus Quest 2 either.

EDIT: What happened to games like Spyro, Croc, Crash Bandicoot, Metal Slug, Contra even Metal Gear Solid was cool, God of War, Devil May Cry.

Strategy games like Age of Empires and Red Alert - those were awesome and it was something new. Now it just feels like much of the same from back then and it's kinda boring I feel.

I use to enjoy the Warcraft 3 custom maps which were made, like the battle ships maps etc. That was super fun and exciting and by changing the map you could be playing an entirely new game!

Gaming does not feel the same anymore. At least not to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Fire! 1

i just dont have the time to game like i used to... spend all night playing games is a long past luxury for me hhehe.

my dad seems to get it right though, and has recently got me hooked on Company of heroes, which is quite fresh and challenging to me.

but @PsyCLown is right! where are all the cool games from when we were ten hahaha

iv recently started buying a board game and its expansions called CATAN, and my goodness gracious me!! what a captivating game

if i had to describe it, it would be a cross between Age of empires and Risk, and monopoly but more family friendly that AoE and way riskier than Risk, and a butt load less frustrating and tedious then Monopoly 😁

• Like 2

I found as I got older and having less time to spend hours on games I became less interested in story modes and it became more about playing online with friends and having fun in the short time. 

Before my girlfriend and I moved in together we used to play battle royals almost every night during the week. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

I found as I got older and having less time to spend hours on games I became less interested in story modes and it became more about playing online with friends and having fun in the short time. 

Before my girlfriend and I moved in together we used to play battle royals almost every night during the week. 

How often do you playing during the week now that you live with your girlfriend? 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 7 months later...

I also often have this happen, that I download games and when I get bored I delete them. The only game I play for a long time and did not delete it is a soccer game Sorare. It is easy to use and here you have to collect player cards. With Sorare Bonus I got rare cards and now often start winning. By the way this game is based on the cryptocurrency blockchain Etherium.

Edited by Maxxx17
  • Like 2

Recently finished The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2, what a long ass games they were 😆 then started Horizon Zero Dawn, think I'm like halfway but got bored. I'll finish it eventually. I try not to buy games when I'm busy with one or two but Steam specials get so good sometimes that I just have to buy. One of those games was The Outer Worlds which I have been playing the most at the moment, but I'm reaching that same boredom point. 

The most hours I've clocked on games is usually on indie games such as Oxygen Not Included and Rimworld, but I've deleted these games because they don't really have endings and are more sandbox games that just suck hours away from your day, so I felt I needed to stop. 

I used to mine Bitcoin when it was profitable but now I just have a balling gaming PC, so win-win I guess. Would be cool if my crypto wallet weren't so in the dumps. To the moon? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Recently finished The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2, what a long ass games they were 😆 

The Witcher games are amazing !

2 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I try not to buy games when I'm busy with one or two but Steam specials get so good sometimes that I just have to buy. 

Man I downloaded the Epic stores because they give away free games each month, they having some event/sale at the moment and so far I picked up BioShock: The collection and Borderlands 3 😄  

• Like 1