Broadmites

Keegan

Hey guys, I know this is bad, I've got broadmites on this plant, I know I need to get rid of this one plant. spraying kemprin on the rest of my plants in my tent. I spoke to another grower, and they told me that I should get rid of all the plants in the room. I wanted to know if this is necessary if I poison the mites, and wait to see if the rest are alright. 

20211009_083444.jpg

20211009_083448.jpg

• Like 1

There is lots of different opinions out there. I never came across this so I cannot give advice. 

If its on that one plant then it will surely spread to the others.

Does any of the others show any of the same symptoms??? Cant see the others in the pics. If its just the one then maybe its something else... 

If possible, can you take a good pic of the problem plants leafs and also from the other ladies. Just wanna see. 

Did you notice any brown spots forming at the bottom leafs and kinda "falling" in in the beginning??? 

Sorry for all the questions 

Edited by Smelly Joe
  • Like 1

Hey bud, I know Kemprin is an insecticide, but for interest sake, why did you use Kemprin particularly? 

you can definitely still save that plant though.

Mites are pesky little fucks, but with the right preventative measures you'll almost never see them in your garden or at least keep populations at bay. 

they're so "microscopicly" tiny that they can travel in wind, literally they act as fungi spores, so for good measure, you kinda have to assume that they're everywhere all the time. by saying this, it should be clear that you have quite a bit of a problem on your hands there. If not taken care of correctly they will spread without a doubt, they will even infest and make nests in your tent and fuck with future grows. 

with your situation, here is what I would do - *empty the room and bomb the tent with 3% peroxide solution, then with ISO wipe down (everything from the light to the ratchets they hang on to the floor mat/tray every single thing you can take out the tent, take it out and clean it) then spray pyrol at a strong dose in the empty tent and let everything run, fans and all so the pyrol and disinfectant agents get inside your fans and air vents. maybe do this twice or three times before bringing the plants back in. 

just whatever you do, DO NOT bring the plants back in before they're bug free, otherwise your cleanout will be in vein

the plants need to be shock treated, all of them. I would suggest pyrol, but at a lower dose than recommended because they already look stunted. 2 or 3 Pyrol treatments will do the trick no doubt. (rather spray more times at a lower dose, than to spray one high dose and toast the plants completely) then from there on you gona have to up your IPM. 

1st rule of thumb, don't take in any clones or gifted plants without bombing them with your special IPM. 

2nd rule, be religious about IPM.

3rd rule, make sure your airflow is unfavourble to the mites. either switch up how the fans run or more fans more fans more fans.

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut
*edit
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Hey bud, I know Kemprin is an insecticide, but for interest sake, why did you use Kemprin particularly? 

you can definitely still save that plant though.

Mites are pesky little fucks, but with the right preventative measures you'll almost never see them in your garden or at least keep populations at bay. 

they're so "microscopicly" tiny that they can travel in wind, literally they act as fungi spores, so for good measure, you kinda have to assume that they're everywhere all the time. by saying this, it should be clear that you have quite a bit of a problem om your hands there. If not taken care of correctly they will spread without a doubt, they will even infest and make nests in your tent and fuck with future grows. 

with your situation, here is what I would do - bomb the grow with 3% peroxide solution, then with ISO wipe down (everything from the light to the ratchets they hang on to the floor mat/tray every single thing you can take out the tent, take it out and clean it) then spray pyrol at a strong dose in the empty tent and let everything run, fans and all so the pyrol and disinfectant agents get inside your fans and air vents. maybe do this twice or three times before bringing the plants back in. 

just whatever you do, DO NOT bring the plants back in before they're bug free, otherwise your cleanout will be in vein

the plants need to be shock treated, all of them. I would suggest pyrol, but at a lower dose than recommended because they already look stunted. 2 or 3 Pyrol treatments will do the trick no doubt. (rather spray more times at a lower dose, than to spray one high dose and toast the plants completely) then from there on you gona have to up your IPM. 

1st rule of thumb, don't take in any clones or gifted plants without bombing them with your special IPM. 

2nd rule, be religious about IPM.

3rd rule, make sure your airflow is unfavourble to the mites. either switch up how the fans run or more fans more fans more fans.

Quarintine all incoming plants, dose them and keep separate from main grow area. More treatments at lower dosages are more effective so you can cover the whole life cycle of the pest/mite from egg to larvae to adult- killing all of them. IPM is a neccesity, mites are tough buggers and some are known develop resistance if you keep using the same stuff repeatedly. 

We like to mix it up with more than one insecticide. Hit them hard with different stuff more than once.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Thanks guys, I was stressed that I would have to get rip of the whole grow, I'm using kemprin right now cause I have it on hand, I will empy the tent and use peroxide. Should I be spaying the peroxide solution or should I be putting it in a bucket and wiping the tent with it? 

I'll get some pyrol and use that on the rest of the tent after. Then start using pyrol on the plants 

20211007_205320.jpg

20211007_205315.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Keegan said:

also I just wanted to know, will this affect my yield later on even after they recover? 

yeild depends on way too many factors to give you a yes or no answer - the damaged plant needs to grow for many weeks before you flip her...if you flip her along with the rest of the plants, then you will be wasting the plant - she needs much longer to recover - the leaves will never come right and new growth is necessary 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks, I got rid of that one which was so far gone, and replaced it with another clone I had on hand, I was worried about the rest, I sprayed all of them with kemprin last night then cleaned the tent today with hydrogen peroxide and applied pyrol after, so hopefully that is the end of it 😅 now I just have to wait for the new clone to veg up to size for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the advice on this matter, really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, Keegan said:

Should I be spaying the peroxide solution or should I be putting it in a bucket and wiping the tent with it? 

I'll get some pyrol and use that on the rest of the tent after. Then start using pyrol on the plants 

A wipe down and a spray will be nescessary. The wipe down first, with a bucket of the peroxide solution, all the nooks and crevasses where a bug usually likes to go to lay eggs, they sometimes use dust and shit to build a little cover to lay eggs under and just spraying the solution will not take care of that, after the wipe down I would spray it again and let it sit for about 30 sek to 1min, just to kill any other unwanted dwellers. (you probably know this yourself, but a mite will literally sit infront of your eyes on a flat surface and you won't see it, this is how small they are, so don't half ass anything here) don't let it sit for hours cz the peroxide might harm some of your gear if it's allowed to soak in or bleach the colours of stuff. 

The pyrol thing, I cannot stress this enough, Pyrol should NOT be used regularly. it's a contact killer and it's quite strong, a high dose will surely burn your plants.

if you want something you can spray weekly, you going to need to get some Neem, just note, Neem is not a contact killer and won't kill the bugs if they're already there, but will keep the plant pest free once it actually is pest free. 

11 hours ago, Keegan said:

Thanks, I got rid of that one which was so far gone, and replaced it with another clone I had on hand, I was worried about the rest, I sprayed all of them with kemprin last night then cleaned the tent today with hydrogen peroxide and applied pyrol after, so hopefully that is the end of it 😅 now I just have to wait for the new clone to veg up to size for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the advice on this matter, really appreciate it. 

how did you get rid of this plant? just make sure the bugs can't still spread from this corpse. I think best way to get rid of a plant like that, you bring a black bag over and cover the whole plant, chop it down and it never sees the light of day again. bag is closed properly and it goes deep in a bin. sometimes it's good to let it lay in the sun for a day or two to help kill the mites. They are notorius for sticking to clothes and materials, can stick to your arm hairs, we can transfer them by touch the same way mold spores act. these guys really are pesky and a fight with them is usually not over so quickly. 

5 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

A wipe down and a spray will be nescessary. The wipe down first, with a bucket of the peroxide solution, all the nooks and crevasses where a bug usually likes to go to lay eggs, they sometimes use dust and shit to build a little cover to lay eggs under and just spraying the solution will not take care of that, after the wipe down I would spray it again and let it sit for about 30 sek to 1min, just to kill any other unwanted dwellers. (you probably know this yourself, but a mite will literally sit infront of your eyes on a flat surface and you won't see it, this is how small they are, so don't half ass anything here) don't let it sit for hours cz the peroxide might harm some of your gear if it's allowed to soak in or bleach the colours of stuff. 

The pyrol thing, I cannot stress this enough, Pyrol should NOT be used regularly. it's a contact killer and it's quite strong, a high dose will surely burn your plants.

if you want something you can spray weekly, you going to need to get some Neem, just note, Neem is not a contact killer and won't kill the bugs if they're already there, but will keep the plant pest free once it actually is pest free. 

Thanks for the advice, from now I'm gonna go back to my usual routine of neem once a week, I think the silica that I was feeding the plants really helped the other plants fight off the mites. I did clean the tent properly yesterday with the peroxide solution and I wiped everything down. 

5 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

how did you get rid of this plant? just make sure the bugs can't still spread from this corpse. I think best way to get rid of a plant like that, you bring a black bag over and cover the whole plant, chop it down and it never sees the light of day again. bag is closed properly and it goes deep in a bin. sometimes it's good to let it lay in the sun for a day or two to help kill the mites. They are notorius for sticking to clothes and materials, can stick to your arm hairs, we can transfer them by touch the same way mold spores act. these guys really are pesky and a fight with them is usually not over so quickly. 

So I took it outside first then I chopped it up and put it in my big compost bin which sits in the sun all day and is closed, and I put a layer of soil on top. After that, I took the rest of the plants out, gave them pyrol and cleaned the tent, and brought the rest back into the tent after it was sterilized. 

• Like 1