Chocolate Gelato Tester Seeds

So I was browsing the Internet last season, more or less end of season, and in the process startes browsing local seedbanks to see whats out there. So I noticed a "free seeds" section and of course I checked it out and saw Chocolate Gelato on test a testers needed base, i guess and did a fake checkout to see what I needed to buy to get this deal. I did not complete the checkout cause I just figured lets leave it cause I don't have cash now anyhow. 

Couple days later I received an envelope with feminized seeds, some rolling papers ans a sticker. All they asked was to do a test grow here. So here we go.... 

@Cannabist, @Totemic

I received 5 x seeds and planted 3 for this season. 2 popped and is alive. The 3rd one did not make it sue to human error. 

IMG_20210917_190834.thumb.jpg.3aea489e8527f8430f45e356c7a2491a.jpg

I'm not sure what the Sativa/Indica ratio is and the genetics either and I am hoping for Totemic for that answer and maybe a few tips.. 

They have been watered and fed with Humigro yesterday morning and they are responding well to it. Soon they should go to their bigger pots homes in the garden.. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

The 1st one I transplanted about week and a half ago into the 80L tub. She has responded well to the beans growing beside her. She does look healthy and happy 

IMG_20211008_072456.thumb.jpg.f9806eecf0e26745cb4907242f6eb71e.jpg

The 2nd one I only transplanted yesterday. So she still needs to get going but will surely speed up soon. I will look and see if I have any extra beans left to plant in the pot next to her, but I doubt I have left. Already planted them all... 

IMG_20211008_072436.thumb.jpg.9b23861cbac50e135568bd22937226ec.jpg

I will wait until tomorrow when the weather is hotter, then I'll start feeding with Humigro, Seagro and Humic Acid... 

• Like 3
  • Fire! 1

• 2 weeks later...

She is doing very well in that 80L pot. The leaves are big and healthy and the stem is thick and hard. Looks really good so far and that Indica trait surely does show... 

IMG_20211017_164606.thumb.jpg.431d8302f88e5fa5a63b1cdcbde0ed1d.jpgIMG_20211017_164615.thumb.jpg.b81f98b6e5a98c160a40feda6b7e3991.jpg

I was thinking about doing some training, but ended up deciding to Monstercrop only. Crushed them grow tips and now its just wait and see.... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Smelly Joe said:

Funny enough, the beans that is near the plants have pests on them, but the ones away from the plants has none... 🤔🤔🤔

So I guess they do attract pests away from our ladies. Wil check again today to confirm on that statement

If your plant got a high Brix% bugs will stay away natutally, but if you got a plant that's a bit compromised and there are bugs in your garden it's just a matter of time before they find the plant. 

In farming we used a lot of sacraficial plants, best example right now would be a rose bush amongst shrubs. growing different berry shrubs we would plant a rose bush at the end of the line. if there are insects present, they'll be on the rose buds and the roses would bud about a month before the berries flowered. giving us about 2 weeks to monitor and act accordingly. 

what we picked up is that you find a rose bush with bugs on it, it's not always just the plants closest to it that also got the bugs, but rather the more unhealthy looking shrubs in and around that line. after a while you can spot the infested plants from a distance. 

One year we where replacing the rose bushes as they where never maintained, we ripped them out and it was a good 6 months before planting new ones because of poor management. This prooved to be quite a interesting experiment, because what we found is the plants that year that you would spot in the distance looking like it's not doing well, you go over to the plant, no bugs!!! 

so the roses didn't act as a sacraficial plant as some of the Agriculture students where soooo religious about, instead it acted as an insect lure ensuring infestations each year and thus ensuring higher doses and more frequent IPM. 

they don't use "sacraficial" plants anymore. 😁 

can't say for sure that this is the case, because again there are so many factors at play and obviously cannabis and bean plants differ from berries and roses. Personally I have just lost the idea of sacraficial plants. I moved over to sticky traps, their colours still attract bugs, that's what they made for, but at least bugs can't infest, live, breed and colonise on your sticky traps. with a "sacraficial" plant you basically inviting and farming insects. 

• Like 1

The main reason for planting the beans is to pull in somw extra Nitrogen from the air and seeing that my soil has been amended with Mycoroot, the beans roots will help spread that too and keep my soil active. I noticed a plant that i potted in soil from last season that was nicely ammended and that plant is just growing sooo beautiful. 

But at this point my beans is far from my plants. They also need to finish cause I need more beans for next season. Doing some more experiments 😎😎😎

• 2 weeks later...

CHOCOLATE GELATO UPDATE

Happy Fun GIF

Pretty much the same feeling as this piggy.... LoL

The Chocolate Gelato is looking really well. She is quite sturdy and growing at a good speed. I havent fed her this past week due to all the rain we had and this week being cold I still dont see myself feeding her. The soil is pretty drenched with all the water and I dont want to cause unnecessary problems. 

I presume that the no-till soil is really nice and healthy cause she is does look like she is in need of nothing. I will however give her some foliar feeding tomorrow. 

FRONT VIEW:

She is standing over a meter tall. Cant find my measuring tape but will check again tomorrow and get correct length 

IMG_20211103_150608.thumb.jpg.c54cad336acbdc4991833c832ac12187.jpg

TOP VIEW:

The dark green is due to the overcast weather. 

IMG_20211103_150625.thumb.jpg.a173a97b4f70bfc8fae5fed8ba4b330a.jpg

LEAF SIZE:

IMG_20211103_150639.thumb.jpg.fb4335a8b2e32bdd9cec53431dad8336.jpg

I was cleaning the front yard and found/caught 15 ladybugs and 1 praying mantis. I released them all into the garden and still saw quite a few today. Also saw a yellow spider... 

IMG_20211102_110648.thumb.jpg.b16c31ae82b1b5e682abbb1ccbc7f44f.jpg

IMG_20211102_110639.thumb.jpg.238dd5621a91ccc9a07268c7b7802f49.jpg

IMG_20211103_071532.thumb.jpg.a03e998f2015d6e57cee7210cdafc82c.jpg

Untill next time... 

Stay lit and keep the good vibes up 

pineapple express smoking GIF

• Like 5
  • Fire! 1

• 3 months later...

Been a while since a update was posted for this one. Sorry about that

IMG_20220227_074842.thumb.jpg.0da4cd8ffc369b4a84311fb3da91b10a.jpg

IMG_20220227_074901.thumb.jpg.913b4d7130eb869deb39b5428e35b465.jpg

IMG_20220227_074917.thumb.jpg.126019b775a7899cf44407e2859999b1.jpg

She is starting to get bigger and tighter week by week. The trichomes has also started. If and when the rain comes I will need to support her cause she has long branches that sway a lot when wind blows. 

Will be nice to see the difference compared to the Chocolate Bubbleberry from last season

• Like 4