Just saying high

itchylemon

Hello all. After a week of lurking underground I've finally germinated as a new forum member.

I recently decided to grow a plant or two, not that I even smoke much anymore, but just thought it would be fun to grow now that it's legal. I told myself that I was going to keep things very simple and avoid overthinking things (straight up soil, water, seagro and sunlight vibes) but alas I've been doing a fair amount of research over the past few days, and now I'm excited to learn more and hopefully raise these plants to be as healthy and happy as possible.

I'll be growing outdoors on my balcony, and I've got 2 bunches of auto-flowering seeds - Humboldt UK Cheese and Dinamed Kush. The latter is a (almost) pure CBD strain which I decided to grow so I can use it as mix since my THC tolerance is super low these days.

Current assets and tools at my disposal:

• freedom farms classic soil
  • 2 x 9l plastic pots
  • 2 x 10l freedom farms fabric pots
  • bio-bizz grow
  • bio-bizz bloom
  • seagro
  • kelpak
  • diatomaceous earth
  • red clover seeds (companion crop)
  • wurmbosch vermigro (don't think I need this but got 2 bags for free)
  • peat plugs
  • soil ph and moisture meter

Will likely have a lot of questions over the next while. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

• Like 6
  • Fire! 1

Welcome to this wonderful community @itchilemon !!! You will surely get great advise here. You have the right gear to start your grow. Autos can be sensitive sometimes , you need to start them in there final pot , they don't like transplants much.
How much Sun does your balcony get during the day ? Il wait for October before I start , still very cold at night and that might hinder growth and you end up will a small plant at the end .

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, GGG said:

Welcome to this wonderful community @itchilemon !!! You will surely get great advise here. You have the right gear to start your grow. Autos can be sensitive sometimes , you need to start them in there final pot , they don't like transplants much.
How much Sun does your balcony get during the day ? Il wait for October before I start , still very cold at night and that might hinder growth and you end up will a small plant at the end .

Thanks for the welcome GGG! And also, thanks for the advice. So I jumped the gun a bit and have seeds in the peat plugs already 😅 I only realised afterwards that it's probably best to wait another couple weeks. I'm in Cape Town so the nights hopefully won't be too cold, but to be safe I think I'll bring them inside at night for the first while.

Yup, I'm planning to plant in the final pot - most likely the 10l fabric pots from FF. At first I thought I'd go for bigger pots but ended up choosing 10l because I don't want the plants getting too big. That should be unlikely either way though since they're autos. 

My balcony is north facing and probably gets a good 8 hours or so of direct light. It will be more in a few weeks.

• Like 3

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'll definitely be posting some pics soon. Will probably start a grow diary as soon as these seeds sprout 😄

On that note - it's been almost 3 days since I put them in the peat pellets. I made a small blunder and didn't use warm water when preparing the pellets.. hopefully that doesn't significantly reduce the likelihood of germination.

17 minutes ago, itchylemon said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'll definitely be posting some pics soon. Will probably start a grow diary as soon as these seeds sprout 😄

On that note - it's been almost 3 days since I put them in the peat pellets. I made a small blunder and didn't use warm water when preparing the pellets.. hopefully that doesn't significantly reduce the likelihood of germination.

Nah, they should be okay just give them a little more time. Did you soak them in water before putting them into the pellet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donnob said:

Nah, they should be okay just give them a little more time. Did you soak them in water before putting them into the pellet?

I didn't, oops 😅

1 hour ago, GGG said:

Seeds like a temp of 20-25 to germ

Thanks! Definitely more conscious about keeping them warm since yesterday. At night I put them on top of my PC tower which I leave on, so hopefully that keeps them happy.

• Like 1