Diy Rdwc

greenkush

I'm in the same boat as you, tired of all the mess with drain to waste coco. I'm going to do 2 stacked 110l tote,(bottom section to catch and send water outside) with another smaller 50l outside the tent, as I only have 100x100 tent.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, GGG said:

@greenkush , looks like a lekker project. What size buckets are you using there and res just the same one ?

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

Buckets are 20L, the control bucket is the same size and my res will be merely acting as a top up to the control when it drops, standard ro water which is a 260L container that was going to be used as an automatic water change system on my reef tank. 

The top off system will be digital with a sensor that will do the topping of, due to no gravity from res to bucket I top it off like that. 

I’ll be building a control platform for it eventually with ec/ph monitoring and automatic ph dosing along with nutrients. Will also be adding the chiller most likely end of September.

Sound like a good plan , the chiller would be of great benefit that time of the year , keep posting as you go I'm very interested in this one. Did a RDWC myself with my first grow but didn't have a chiller , turned out good for a first grow tho

Yeah draining can be complicated , what is that 2 blue pipes sticking up by your res ? With mine I put a clear pipe on the side of the res to clearly see the level of the water , worked nice

31 minutes ago, GGG said:

Yeah draining can be complicated emoji12.png , what is that 2 blue pipes sticking up by your res ? With mine I put a clear pipe on the side of the res to clearly see the level of the water , worked nice

I havnt added a water level indicator yet, I don’t really need it due to the fact I’ll be using a digital auto top off.

Those two blue sticking up are the outlet and return from where the chiller will go, there are three ball valves on the side (will take a pic tomorrow to show you). Basically the one opens the flow to the inlet to the chiller and then there is one on the main line to redirect the flow to the chiller and the return from the chiller goes through another ball valve into a T back into the pump. 

Edited by greenkush

7 minutes ago, GGG said:

Love it , you dropping airstones into the tubs also ?
When do you want to start with the plants

Yep I’ll be dropping 50mm sphere airstones into each. 

I’ll be doing some new clones tomorrow so when they all rooted they’ll go in. Thinking of either pancake stompers, sugarcane or platinum punch… but will have to see. 

• Fire! 1

8 minutes ago, Batista said:

That is seriously epic. Also I see you went hard with the number of buckets-do you have any backup power? That is the only reason why I'm thinking of going coco dtw now.

Can't wait to see this!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

No backup power as of yet, will look into a smaller inverter when funds become available, in the interim I'll use a few battery powered pumps (which I have laying around)

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 9:35 PM, greenkush said:

I havnt added a water level indicator yet, I don’t really need it due to the fact I’ll be using a digital auto top off.

Those two blue sticking up are the outlet and return from where the chiller will go, there are three ball valves on the side (will take a pic tomorrow to show you). Basically the one opens the flow to the inlet to the chiller and then there is one on the main line to redirect the flow to the chiller and the return from the chiller goes through another ball valve into a T back into the pump. 

Really nice set up. 

The level of the solution in the control Rez will also tell you the level across the system. Digital auto top off is of course better. 😅

4 hours ago, DankFiend said:

Really nice set up. 

The level of the solution in the control Rez will also tell you the level across the system. Digital auto top off is of course better. 😅

Yep, I’m still trying to get the control bucket to the same height as the others.