Germination Dillema Fixed? GSR New Offering

Chtzb4st

High 420 Buds😁

Been reading a couple threads on this awesome forum last night, about fellow 420 SA buds having issues with germinating seeds from different seed banks. All experiences different, growers saying failed germination is the banks responsibility,  banks saying its the growers etc. Varying levels of customer service from banks , some growers happy, some not so much.

Fortuitously,received this email from GSR this morning, coincidence or was this just the universe (GSR) trying to mess with my head after last night bedtime reading... 

So, enough said. Here's the link.

https://greensmokeroomseeds.com/Germination

I think this is freaking amazeballs, and possibly resolves all that back and forth on who's onus failed bean popping is. 

Anyone else know of other banks doing this, what do you guys think? 

• Like 1

hey man, that seems pretty cool. everyday we have a new service or product in the local cannabis market! 

I feel this one is for the guys with a lot of limitations and a excess of cash. 

If you're not really all that into learning how to have good success rates with your germination methods and you got $ laying around, this will really help. but I feel in most situations it will be better to pop your own seeds, even if you suck at it, it's a good time to learn something new.

especially with that price tag. if you wana pop a 5 pack you gotta pay R100 for each seed, that means R500 just to pop 5 seeds for me? DAMN 🤯 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

hey man, that seems pretty cool. everyday we have a new service or product in the local cannabis market! 

I feel this one is for the guys with a lot of limitations and a excess of cash. 

If you're not really all that into learning how to have good success rates with your germination methods and you got $ laying around, this will really help. but I feel in most situations it will be better to pop your own seeds, even if you suck at it, it's a good time to learn something new.

especially with that price tag. if you wana pop a 5 pack you gotta pay R100 for each seed, that means R500 just to pop 5 seeds for me? DAMN 🤯 

Hey bud!

Hahahahah, for sure. The services, products and methods I'm learning about for the first time on the forum are way more than I could've imagined. 

Honestly, I agree with you 100%. I've screwed up more seeds during germination than I can count on both hands.

And since have got allot better at it, learning from each f-up. Now, I'm close to 100% sure when a seed doesn't germ its the seed not the method. As a fail safe, I usually pop around 4 at a time making it easy to spot the difference. 

Maybe good option for anyone wanting to dip their feet for the first time, afraid about the risk or put off by horror stories/experience of a shitty first experience🤷🏻‍♂️

Who knows, maybe this is just the beginning, then more banks see what you saying about the mad price tag, start adopting and we start seeing more reasonable rates or bundles 😁

Either way, some fun thoughts. 

Shot for the response man 🙌🏽

The only real benefit I see is if they take onus upon themselves to replace any seed that doesn't germinate, sort of like an insurance policy. Otherwise, popping seeds is all part of the adventure. At that price tag you could just buy more seeds instead of the service and even the inexperienced should be able to get sprouting

Edited by donnob
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Unless they will replace the seeds which don't germinate at no additional cost to you, I do not see much of the appeal.

If you're new to growing then rather get some bag seed and play around with that until you're confident enough to germ your own seeds and maybe start with some cheap seeds.

How well will they package the seedlings and what happens if they die in transit? Whose fault is it then and who covers costs?

Seedlings are super fragile, at least cuttings are typically larger and more established and hardier and often cheaper than buying seeds.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2