Ring bark

Pants

1 minute ago, Chris Jay said:

I think it could be a small house mouse or something along those lines/mole/rat. Unlike ringbarking trees, water and nutrients for cannabis flow up the internal part of the stem, so it should not be a problem.

This is interesting. As mentioned I know porcupines do it and a porcupine is a rodent. So your rodent guess is probably spot on. Plus I think I can see little teeth marks. Nice one.

• Agree 1
  • Fire! 1

Dont hurt the porcupine and just piss him off by raising your pot a couple inches. Also consider covering the bottom of the stem because the removal of the out layer will effect nutrient uptake, especially in the cold.

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chris Jay said:

nutrients for cannabis flow up the internal part of the stem, so it should not be a problem.

I had thought so too,

42 minutes ago, The Grass Baas said:

This is interesting. As mentioned I know porcupines do it and a porcupine is a rodent. So your rodent guess is probably spot on. Plus I think I can see little teeth marks. Nice one.

Most probably the case, and fully agree here too

Unless you have a mate who is really into his practical jokes🙈

That is amazing ,stem that size in a pot so small. Nice growing. Probably just a outsider marsupial doing some stem art on something so interesting. Yip a porcupine might have knocked it over ( top heavy ) while a field mouse would not be able to. Banksy-Rapper-Rat-Poster-20090-800x800.jpg

That must be him right there.

It’s been quite a trip with this girl. Got a clone about 6 months ago. Did a bare root and prune about 3 months in and again a month ago to fit in that pot and have enough fine roots. Went outside immediately as I don’t think I could afford more veg growth. Been hanging in there and the new growth is actually green.

Let’s hope she gets through this. Thinking of taping it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

That's the type of damage you can expect from a cutworm. They curl around the stem and walk 'n eat in circles. Happens at night and then they burrow back underground. 

Would be amazing if it found a home in that pot. Definitely think i can see gnaw marks vertically

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Pants said:

Would be amazing if it found a home in that pot. Definitely think i can see gnaw marks vertically

A cutworm will be orientated on its side when circling the stem, this will leave horizontal bite marks. There are other types of insects that could be responsible but that looks like typical cutworm damage. I see you have other pots nearby.. it could be making the commute nightly (if it's still around). It may have since been killed or could be pupating in your soil somewhere. 

• Like 1