• Biodyne Environoc 401
    • Pro-Aqua
    • Super EM
    • Umya Mos Blend
    • EM Effective Micro-Organisms
    • Cannabis Microbial Consortium (CMC)
    • Dirty Hands Bio Force
    • Explogrow

I know we have already covered this but i wanted to create a poll on which of the products listed do you guys prefer, let us know why aswel and maybe help someone whos trying organic decide on which product to buy. Not too long ago I got my hands on a product called "Great White". I saw good results but honestly speaking I have seen similar if not the better results with some of the products listed on the poll. Which brings me to question the hype around some products. "Great White" is a great product dont get me wrong but I think some of the products we already have in SA are superior. They just lack the hype that some of these over seas products get

Edited by Marzcanna

it all comes down to what microbes and fungi they have added to their mix... so in saying that, i dont think any of those products are better than the last or worse than the last...but also not the same, if that makes some sense?

the biggest benefits i have seen from microbe inoculants is when the diversity is maximum - the more different species of beneficial microbes you have, the better and healthier your soil will be and in turn your plants will be happy.

most of those products will have a large amount of its contents that are almost identical and then a range of microbes that may not be in the next bottled inoculant.

The same reason we use different pesticides after each other to control pests, is diversity is proven to be more effective. Likewise with soil, the more diverse your biome is, the Healthier your plants will be.

I do feel you are comparing apples with apples, in the sense that one apple isnt so vastly different to the next strain of apple that it would be considered another fruit, but both have great nutritional value.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Batista said:

Is there a place for microbes in dwc or coco? I have 2 different bottles but since I stopped organic I havnt been using them.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

i doubt your coco is sterile to begin with 😛 but in saying that, i dont inoculate my coco often, but it definately smells like a nice soil at the end of my runs, which indicate a high volume of microbes and fungi, or at least their presence.
i think mycos and bennies have a place in every meduim, soil or soilless 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

i doubt your coco is sterile to begin with  but in saying that, i dont inoculate my coco often, but it definately smells like a nice soil at the end of my runs, which indicate a high volume of microbes and fungi, or at least their presence.
i think mycos and bennies have a place in every meduim, soil or soilless 
Thanks, do you just apply at each watering with the nutes or foliar feed or both? I also smell my coco at the end and notice a pleasant smell so yeah that might be the microbes just naturally occurring idk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Batista said:

Thanks, do you just apply at each watering with the nutes or foliar feed or both? I also smell my coco at the end and notice a pleasant smell so yeah that might be the microbes just naturally occurring idk emoji23.png

I wouldn't do it with every watering, but you could if you wanted to - just going to get expensive.

Ensure you add a source of food for the microbes as well. I have always only used microbe inoculations as a drench, never as a foliar.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1