"Hitler" strain ?

GGG

Just wanted to give some input here, as there's a lot of misinformation about Hitler and a lot of it is still kept very close to the circle that it originated from. I want to share some information without pissing anybody off, because the reality is that the grower who supplied most of the country doesn't want the lineage out there, understandably so, sometimes these things are worth holding close. But the short of it, is that it's likely a clone-only pheno which is held by a couple of people at most. There's been a lot of fake Hitler cuts sold and some people are still convinced they have it when they don't.

I've handled a fair bit of Hitler through friends who were getting supply directly from the grower for bulk resale, and it's quite a unique flower that is easy to identify, both visually and just by the taste profile.

Having smoked a 20+ grams myself, I can't say there's anything in there to suggest Cheese. Structurally, the bud resembles a lot of OG cuts, and I'd venture to guess that it's an OG hybrid. The terpenes also seem to suggest it with earthy, lime, gassy notes mostly prevalent. Again, structurally it looks a lot like OG, or even perhaps an OG x Cookies cut as there is a resemblance to some Animal Cookies phenos, and the level of trichome coverage and smaller nug size is a little atypical for most OG cuts. A buddy moved several hundred Gs of it also seemed to think it was likely an OG dominant cut as well.

Smoking some Hitler hash rosin from the grower, it also seemed to carry those same muted, earthy, lime notes.

Again, I've heard at least 10 versions of what Hitler is. But I think there's probably only a handful of people that know the answer to that. This type of thing is common in America, where cuts are found from seed and then renamed for marketing purposes and also sometimes to conceal lineage. Once lineage is out there, others can try and refind the pheno and take a chunk of the market for themselves. So the way Hitler was handled, was definitely very smart from a business sense. But also incredibly frustrating for those of us who love digging into lines and seeing which traits come from where.

Here's an image of one of the first batches of Hitler that hit the market here around Cape Town circa late 2018 / early 2019.

Just to close, I'm no authority on the details of Hitler and I respect the desire for the lineage to remain hidden, but these are just my thoughts from smoking a fair bit of it.

59950018_2409857155743802_8303181087443812715_n.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

because the reality is that the grower who supplied most of the country doesn't want the lineage out there, understandably so

I've handled a fair bit of Hitler through friends who were getting supply directly from the grower for bulk resale

Sounds about right. 

crazy-eyes-steve-buscemi.gif

All of this sounds like marketing hype to me. The story I understand from a respected cannabis grower and horticulturist is the original "hitler" was stolen in flower form, renamed. Around the time of when people say it was reaching market was the time a big bust happened in CT.  The original was Elvis x CT Exodus cheese, the guy who originally grew it was not a breeder, no clones. Happy hunting unicorns. Shitty name too for 6000000 reasons.  

OG kush lineage.

That narrows it down. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chris Jay said:

Sounds about right. 

crazy-eyes-steve-buscemi.gif

All of this sounds like marketing hype to me. The story I understand from a respected cannabis grower and horticulturist is the original "hitler" was stolen in flower form, renamed. Around the time of when people say it was reaching market was the time a big bust happened in CT.  The original was Elvis x CT Exodus cheese, the guy who originally grew it was not a breeder, no clones. Happy hunting unicorns. Shitty name too for 6000000 reasons.  

That narrows it down. 

That's quite a claim. With all due respect, being a respected grower means little when it comes to this topic. The guy who was growing and selling Hitler to the Cape and across country isn't some enigma, he is (was more so) well known in the Instagram community and was posting the flower long before and after the market hype reached peak. He is one of the biggest suppliers of high quality indoor to the Boland area, and responsible for a lot of the strains that took off here. 

If it were stolen flower, there would not have been 2-3 years of Hitler on the market, and I've had the flower at varying levels of freshness between 2019 and 2021. I am also not at all sold on that lineage, as I never got any expression of Exo in the flower. What's far more likely is that someone else started selling flower renamed as fake Hitler, which no doubt happened in some areas. Especially since I saw people buying clones of Hitler.

I've heard every story in the book from people on Hitler, guys in Jozi have their own version, guys in Durban have their stories... But for locals, it's really not as mysterious - the lineage perhaps, but not the source. I don't think anyone will really know the whole truth outside of the collective that it came from, but claims that it was stolen flower is nonsense. Given that this same grower is very well known locally to those who move big numbers, and he has supplied a LOT more than just Hitler over the years. 

I also have evidence of this. Here's a screenshot of a video my buddy sent me last year of an old Hitler nug from his previous stock that he held onto (2019 - left) compared with some of the newer stock (2020 - right). You can see how much of the THC has converted to CBN already on the left nug, while the right is clearly fresh.

Screenshot_20211124_093648.thumb.jpg.ada2dde657d45c5427c2aeda53c4aa4b.jpg

There were dudes out there getting charged R250 a gram, when the local prices were R160. It just goes to show how many hands it went through, and how many false narratives probably got pushed in the process. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, GGG said:

Well times changes quick ,a few growers have clones that I noticed the last 3 weeks . Somebody have away and now it's just time

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

yep, im drom the westen cape and i know hitler hahah, its R100 half a gram but i grow some of my own, quite nice amd not ponding your chest and yes, workaholic, if youre lazy this is meant for you

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

@Vitki

I've only come across the bud a couple times, the guy who has it is a big time blackmarket supplier and I've asked him a couple times to organize me a cut, but the answer has stayed the same over the last 2 years now. a firm "no", cause the growers are protecting the pheno. they want it to keep selling for the price it is, and the way to do that is to keep it from getting out to the general public. It was a local cross that doesn't wana reverse, many breeders have tried back crossing it, have not heard of one single person who got a S1 seed batch off it, so it's a clone only for the time being. 

gona have to network with a lot of blackmarket sellers and suppliers to get your hands on it.

• Like 3

good indoor weed usually go for around 150 to 200 a gram depending on where you are. I have heard crazy stories of 350 a gram in some places then again I have heard a guy say he doesn't pay more than 80 a gram and gets some of the best stuff 🤷‍♂️ it all depends on where you are and then on top of that, how much you buy, a lot of sellers have price drops for bulk sales and what not

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Honey-man said:

is it difficult to come across this strain?

Well, cause of the whole blackmarket thing it really depends on your connections 🤷‍♂️ 

at times it's a whatsapp message away for me, but some people might have never seen or heard of it. 

sometimes months and months go by with a couple blackmarket guys in my area consistently stocking it. recently it's been more scarse cause there's like a million hype strains and every second guy grows something new so things are moving on and it's quickly becoming something of the past. 

with the level of trust and loyalty in our part of the world you might even find it somewhere else under a different name also 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

with the level of trust and loyalty in our part of the world you might even find it somewhere else under a different name also 🤦‍♂️

Most probably the case. More often than not as soon as a grow club or distributor acquires a strain in bulk they will tend to just name it to whatever they want before sending off themselves. 

Look for the name "Austrian Artist" as an alternative to "Hitler". 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

this gave me a chuckle 😅 

is it for real or you joking? if it's the latter, then that's a good one, sir! 🤣 

Just kidding about the name 😆 but clubs definitely do change the names of strains they acquire. 

• Haha 1

Down in Plett this past weekend, bumped into the guy I chatted to about Hitler, not thinking anything, he said hey, smell this. i looked at some nugs peppered with trichomes, he said, well there it is, I said what, he said what you were after. He claimed it was Hitler, so the happy ending is we smoked it, and it was gooooood. The end. 

• Like 3
  • Fire! 2

7 hours ago, Chris Jay said:

Down in Plett this past weekend, bumped into the guy I chatted to about Hitler, not thinking anything, he said hey, smell this. i looked at some nugs peppered with trichomes, he said, well there it is, I said what, he said what you were after. He claimed it was Hitler, so the happy ending is we smoked it, and it was gooooood. The end. 

niiice hahahah yeah it's a good smoke. 

the way I identify it, suuuuper tight rock hard small buds, snowey white/platinum frost cover, almost can't see any green only frost on the surface with the orange hairs poking through, but by far the most noticeable savoury, food-like smell and taste. kinda makes me think of the GMO everyone speaks of, the whole garlic mushrooms and onions smell, but in a pleasant-offensive way. 

will see if I can get a gram or two for a little showcase. 

I know you propbably didn't say these things but the discussion was part of this thread. here is a perfect example of how weed with a "bad" name can still be good weed. people who skip out on strains cause of the name makes no sense to me. the name has nothing to do with the weed. it has more to do with the grower, the plant can't pick its own name. so overlooking strains just cause someone doesn't like the name is like...... not giving the benefit of the doubt to a person cause of the name their parents gave them and just shut them down completely and don't give them a chance cause you don't like the name..... it's probably the most superficial thing someone could ever do. a lot of people have nicknames. imagine I called the weed "supergoodweed" as it's nickname and someone smoked it and loved it, then I tell them the real name is Hitler. What does thay mean? they already liked it, which must mean they support Hitler? lol 😅 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Fire! 1

9 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

the way I identify it, suuuuper tight rock hard small buds, snowey white/platinum frost cover, almost can't see any green only frost on the surface with the orange hairs poking through, but by far the most noticeable savoury, food-like smell and taste. kinda makes me think of the GMO everyone speaks of, the whole garlic mushrooms and onions smell, but in a pleasant-offensive way. 

I know you propbably didn't say these things but the discussion was part of this thread. here is a perfect example of how weed with a "bad" name can still be good weed. people who skip out on strains cause of the name makes no sense to me. the name has nothing to do with the weed. it has more to do with the grower, the plant can't pick its own name. so overlooking strains just cause someone doesn't like the name is like...... not giving the benefit of the doubt to a person cause of the name their parents gave them and just shut them down completely and don't give them a chance cause you don't like the name..... it's probably the most superficial thing someone could ever do. a lot of people have nicknames. imagine I called the weed "supergoodweed" as it's nickname and someone smoked it and loved it, then I tell them the real name is Hitler. What does thay mean? they already liked it, which must mean they support Hitler? lol 😅 

😂😂😂

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 6:17 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

You think like this because you are not German. U know the old saying 'don't mention ze war'? If you've spent any time in europe you will realize that the cut to German people is still super deep. Put yourself in the shoes of a person whose entire nation was hoodwinked into some batshit crazy genocidal madness. Someone who's own family lineage may well have participated in this. It's not a joke to those people because their own attitude is the antithesis of everything that hitler stood for. 

I know the view from here is different because we're removed from it but trust me It's not shallow, peoples pain should be respected on this because it's real pain my man. Crazy but true!

• Like 1

@wingwing 

oh man I wasn't even thinking about it like that, I think there are shit tons of people who hate that word waaaaayyy more than the Germans 😅 you heard what he did to the Jewish? The history is all about him killing millions of Jewish, so I would understand if a Jewish person didn't like to hear that name, but Germans? 

saying the word Hitler causes German people trauma? people can have abundant love for Germans while still speaking about Hitler. 

I think it's in the best intellectual interest for anyone to learn how to not involve feelings with words. If what you're saying is true don't you think the Jewish has done a better job than the Germans at not attaching their feelings to sounds people make? The Jewish basically run the world today. 

if someone has a break down from hearing a word, that's their problem, not the rest of the worlds problem. that's something every individual has to work on by themselves, they can't expect the world to change based on their unstable feelings.

if it offends anyone, too bad. people are gona be offended by literally everything, but getting offended by history is like...... man, all I can say is it's not gona help anyone progress if we keep being sad about what happened in the past. Infact the Jewish are a nice example. 

Don't get me wrong, don't paint me as some kinda monster now. If I've ever done anything physical to a German cause of Hitler, if I ever went to the "Get rid of Germans, because I associate them with Hitler" support foundation and somehow added to the foundation, if I ever did anything that had any negative "Hitler-motivated" connotation towards any German person based on the whole history fiasco then and only then I will understand how a German person would want to tell me otherwise.

It's just insane thinking the world is gona stop saying a certain word cause of peoples feelings. The word NEEDS to be used to explain history. We NEED our history to be alive and well so we don't repeat our history. It's literally a stupid thing to get offended by stuff you HAVE to know to make a better more positive future. 

what do we get the school system to stop teaching about Hitler cause the German kids feel offended? then in a couple years we have another Hitler?

There has been way worse people throughout our history, people who's names you don't even know. So if I say those names, why doesn't it cause any trauma? Cause it's a word, not an action. words don't carry any meaning, untill you as an individual place meaning on that word, giving it power. a good way to explain how this works is 2 individuals will feel 2 seperate ways about 1 specific word. so the variable is the individual. if words had meaning they would install and encourage the exact same feeling and emotion to everyone at any time. before or after having placed any information linked to the word. which would be impossible, cause the word and the action are two seperate things. 

that's why I can have love in my heart for Germans while speaking about Hitler. It takes a certain level of understanding and the other way around too, if you can't seem to distance words from emotion it indicates a certain level of understanding. a lower level at that. 

Hope all this came through as just a normal conversation, if anything I said was "over the line" or if you feel attacked or anything like that just know I didn't mean to and I am not trying to change your mind either. just playing my cards on the table and saying shit that needs to be said at some point. 

😉

• Like 2

Stealing a name, and turning it around is one of the best forms of propaganda. Must admit I cant stand some new names, including hitler, green crack etc. Personally I dont think cannabis should be associated to death, destruction and hate. My opinion counts for zero, but I will overlook strains with names like that or just rename them to suit me. We should name street jat weed, Malema. 

On 8/13/2022 at 6:17 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

the way I identify it, suuuuper tight rock hard small buds, snowey white/platinum frost cover, almost can't see any green only frost on the surface with the orange hairs poking through

Close enough, but there was not enough space for those red hairs to show, they were just layered with tricomes.  

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, wingwing said:

Put yourself in the shoes of a person whose entire nation was hoodwinked into some batshit crazy genocidal madness.

I live in South Africa, I know this feeling very well with regards to our ANC who have killed many millions of people through their inept and backward racial policies. 

21 hours ago, wingwing said:

It's not a joke to those people because their own attitude is the antithesis of everything that hitler stood for.

As a German and as someone whose grandfather participated in the war, I give you all permission to make as many jokes about the war and Hitler as you want 😀

This "protect everyone's feelings" rubbish is really getting out of hand. 

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

21 minutes ago, Chris Jay said:

Stealing a name, and turning it around is one of the best forms of propaganda.

Stealing a name??? brother....... They're names............ how the hell can it be stolen? 

every company with the name "Chris" in its name stole it for propaganda? just cause it's someones name? 

I get how it could be used for marketing to catch attention, but propaganda? what propaganda? no one who buys into the Hitler weed strain supports Hitler? How the heck is it propaganda???? 😅 

• Agree 1