Clone suppliers & the pheno's

PsyCLown

Hey all,

So I am sure most of you have seen a few places pop up and more companies starting to offer clones.

I must admit, I am in 2 minds about companies doing this, that is besdies the point the.

I am curious to find out from those who have purchased clones, what did you get and have you grown it out?

How was it? Was the pheno any good? Was it what you expected? Better? Were you a bit disappointed perhaps?

If you guys have photos of the clones in flower, would be amazing! 😄  Just trying to get a general feel for how you guys feel about it and the quality of the phenos which you ended up with.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• PsyCLown changed the title to Clone suppliers & the pheno's

I've gotten clones sent to me by a person who bought clones from them, and they are all winners, I havent got one I dont like or enjoy smoking.

Now starting to make a small side line business of clones of my own strains and feno, and give the EC guys a option.

I think, if you got a good feno, you cutting out the hunt for one and can get it straight away, know it's good and not going to disappoint you.

But you need to be careful too, some are after money only 

• Agree 2

Haven't come across them yet, maybe because I am not looking...

I think it's a good idea for guys just getting started, skip the whole seeding stage and all. If you have seen a flowering version of the clone it also helps I guess. 

I don't really see guys giving out their best phenos just sommer because profit, so I'd initially question whether it's been specially selected or just simply a seed chuck and a random couple mothers that are then cloned. 

Nothing beats buying a dozen or two regulars and picking out a pheno yourself, in my humble opinion.

But what do I know, I am a measly 'Proficient' cannabis grower 🙄

• Haha 3

Only issue I have with clones from other sources rather than my own garden is that I'm not sure of the pheno I'm receiving. The other concern for me is pests, one in particular spider mites as they are difficult to spot in small numbers but anyone who's had to battle with them knows just a few gone unnoticed is a ticking time bomb 

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

I agree with @Ill_Evan no ways will you find anyone dishing out or selling enmasse to the public, their prized pheno.... Some decent ones yes... But what you really wanna be growing.... Likely not.

And then pests like @Marzcanna said... You don't want anything funky coming your way... Better the devil you know than the devil you don't... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, CreX said:

I agree with @Ill_Evan no ways will you find anyone dishing out or selling enmasse to the public, their prized pheno.... Some decent ones yes... But what you really wanna be growing.... Likely not.

And then pests like @Marzcanna said... You don't want anything funky coming your way... Better the devil you know than the devil you don't... 

I'm not sure that would be true, as they would want to sell the best they could, to keep you coming back and to keep themselves in business, I'd think.

Would it not be silly to sell something less attractive, if you could? Then those people aren't doing themselves a favor. 

Like a breeder, who sells their prize winning strains. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Marzcanna said:

Only issue I have with clones from other sources rather than my own garden is that I'm not sure of the pheno I'm receiving. The other concern for me is pests, one in particular spider mites as they are difficult to spot in small numbers but anyone who's had to battle with them knows just a few gone unnoticed is a ticking time bomb 

Imagine you own such a business, and then you have public news and reports of having such an issue, you wouldn't be around long if that was the case.

They have a standard and reputation to uphold, 

You can get other fenos yes, but they might not always be better, it the chance you take with a seed, and they remove that guess out of the equation. 

Great discussion actually 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Totemic said:

It's also important to remember that pheno expression is environmentally triggered. A prize pheno may grow spectacularly in my space, and the same pheno expresses different in the next tent based on the inputs 

Precisely, as I have a Mad Berry grown, and growing again now, as well as at a mate, and all 4 plants are purple, 

But have a guy growing a clone from the same plant, but his hasnt got purple at all on it.

Added, everything is the same, clone, soil, lights.

Just the nutrients he is using 

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
  • Like 2

Some clones like black wulf never get sold to the public, the R300 a gram cuts usally only gets sold or traded to friends. I organized 2 freakshow clones this morning and It only happend because a friend knew I was looking for It and payed up. Same guy had clones of my Strawberry Kisses for sale. That made my day.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

The mothers of my clones

IMG-20210523-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210515-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210513-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20210515-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20210515-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210515-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20210426-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210505-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20210505-WA0021.jpg

There's a fine sight. How big are the clones when they arrive and how much did they cost? 

My hash plant x Blueberry were originally bought from a farm, near Paarl. Apparently there's a sign at the gate saying Hemp Plants For Sale. They are the fastest and easiest plants I've got growing, also mildew/Eskom resistant too. 

18 hours ago, Stinger96 said:

Could a clone carry it without you knowing?

You also don't know what it was treated with either. They could potentially be sprayed with a cocktail of poison to keep the mildew and bugs away.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Twix Aphen said:

There's a fine sight. How big are the clones when they arrive and how much did they cost? 

My hash plant x Blueberry were originally bought from a farm, near Paarl. Apparently there's a sign at the gate saying Hemp Plants For Sale. They are the fastest and easiest plants I've got growing, also mildew/Eskom resistant too. 

You also don't know what it was treated with either. They could potentially be sprayed with a cocktail of poison to keep the mildew and bugs away.

I got a Super cheese mother plant from the place you talking about. Was over 2m tall, had to take about 50cm from her to fit in the boot. Was a nice filler for winter as the plant was fully grown just needed to flower. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

I got a Super cheese mother plant from the place you talking about. Was over 2m tall, had to take about 50cm from her to fit in the boot

That's funny, my friend gave me the tops of 2 plants that were too big for his boot, He got a tour of the farm and could pick any plants he liked. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Twix Aphen said:

That's funny, my friend gave me the tops of 2 plants that were too big for his boot, He got a tour of the farm and could pick any plants he liked. 

Haha same here man the place is pretty cool. I wanted to take more than 1 plant but only had the cash for one. 

• Like 1

I agree with @Totemic. On this one. I got clone from CannaClone. Some were beauts and others not so much. I know @GGG grew the same cuts as me and his turnes out awesome where mine was terrible. The one that turned into an amazing plant was the Zweet Inzanity from Ethos. I would recomend this to every one who likes a nice sativa strain. I unfortunately deleted all the pics.

• Like 2

Just now, SkunkPharm said:

I agree with @Totemic. On this one. I got clone from CannaClone. Some were beauts and others not so much. I know @GGG grew the same cuts as me and his turnes out awesome where mine was terrible. The one that turned into an amazing plant was the Zweet Inzanity from Ethos. I would recomend this to every one who likes a nice sativa strain. I unfortunately deleted all the pics.

Zsweet Inzanity from CC

20210724_162628-01.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Fire! 1

On 7/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, Totemic said:

It's also important to remember that pheno expression is environmentally triggered. A prize pheno may grow spectacularly in my space, and the same pheno expresses different in the next tent based on the inputs 

Just some considerations around the endless factors that come into play here... I know many of the conversations are here to help and inform people what would be best when going about growing. But this understanding is not appreciated enough. 

• Like 2