Jungle Boys DoSiDo Rosin Pressing

4 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

The terpene profile on this is huge , after sitting for 24 hours it had a thick layer of terp sauce forming on top . Very heavy in mercene and linalool which makes it a serious sedative and relaxing extract. The client uses it for pain with great results .

Where are the pics of the terp sauce?

Looks great, would love to have a bit for myself 😄  Did you send it in for testing or have you just become familiar with the terps - myrcene, linalol etc.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Check out this pressing of Black cherry punch from inhouse genetics freeze dried 30min after cut and pressed 

20210522_092653.jpg

Looks very cool, was the bud colourful too?

So you freeze dried the fresh bud after cutting it, then pressed it once dry?

Would freeze drying not remove a lot more moisture from the bud though? I know in terms of chemicals, freeze dried basically looks like a powder of sorts.

@Green Leaf Organics Have you pressed any bubble hash for rosin?

I freeze dry it straight off the tree , I don't dry it completely . I have a bud moisture tester so I dry it to 16% moisture content which is perfect for pressing . THC oxidizes over time so by freeze drying and pressing within 24 hours you get live rosin which is some of the nicest tasting terpene rich rosin with amazing colour .

Yea i run bubble hash first when pressing trim as just pressing trim alone gives very poor yields so I always advise a bubble wash on trim before pressing 

This pic is the bud I got the pink rosin from 

IMG-20210702-WA0018.jpg

Edited by Green Leaf Organics
  • Like 3
  • Fire! 1

20 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

22% Yield off that strain it was a low temp press on request so lost a little yield 

That's awesome.. I found the more product I try to press the less yield I get.. So I go max 4g at a time.. For me the sweet spot is 100°C for 120s.. So low heat press would be for a far longer press I presume?

• Like 1

I never press over 85 degrees and low temp press around 50-70 degrees for 4 minutes . I normally run a test on unknown biomass of 5g starting at 50 degrees . I will then increase temps by 5 degrees until it just starts running . Once I know its running point I will run a larger batch . I also don't go max pressure from the start , i have set times to increase pressure . I do also have a 20 ton press with large plates .

7 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

That's awesome.. I found the more product I try to press the less yield I get.. So I go max 4g at a time.. For me the sweet spot is 100°C for 120s.. So low heat press would be for a far longer press I presume?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

Thnx for that info. I'm going to try a low temp press for a longer period.. I've never gone below 90 as I thought it would not work..😬

All strains will have different temps , thats why you should run a small batch to test .

As a guide 

0sec -60sec low pressure so the bag is flat but not to pressed. This allows the biomass time to reach temperature evenly 

60sec-90sec at 60 seconds you will increase the pressure slightly

90sec-120sec you will apply half pressure 

120-150sec you will slightly increase pressure 

150-180 you will increase again to just under max pressure 

180-300 you want to max out the pressure .  You will notice the colour start to charge around 250 seconds but could go to 300 seconds , that would be your prime product . For prime product never let it sit for more than 5min in the press above 80 degrees 

Once you have extracted the prime you can then do a second press repeating the process to get your b grade and anything extra 

Ps - use a stopwatch if you want to consistently produce quality 

• Like 2