Hi!

Growbaron

Hey growers. 

My name is Rob and I'm an avid gardener from SA. My interests lie more in the 'alternative' gardening like hydroponics. I experiment with different and easier methods like kratky. 

I don't have a grow room as yet. My first grow last year was from an unknown seed which turned into a highly sedative cannabutter. My current grow is from the 'free' palomino seeds from the website in a kratky bucket with soluble nutrients from the nursery. 

I've been researching different methods on how to extract different cannabinoids on yt: thca, cbd, cbn for my partner's medical ailments to make a salve! 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

IMG_20210623_101809.jpg

IMG_20210623_101659.jpg

IMG_20210623_101714.jpg

IMG_20210623_101747.jpg

• Like 4

Hey @Growbaron, welcome! There's tons of experienced growers here that I'm sure will help you out with any advise you need. Is there anything specific?

The plant in the pics has me concerned about the 3 fingered/curled leaves, maybe stress?

I think if you could add an air pump and air stone to the mix to get more oxygen to the root zone you'll see a vast difference quickly. And as @SkunkPharm said, there are some awesome ready made soils out there that will get you amazing results.

• Like 1

Welcome!

If you want to stick to hydro, might be worth investing in some nutes which are tried and tested for growing cannabis in hydro.

GHE Tripart

Nutriplex (I think Nutrigold now - from Greenthumb hydroponics)

Hortimix (Cheap, but requires a bit more knowledge and equipment to get it dialed in and working well)

Adding an airpump with an airstone will help as well and isn't too expensive.

Soil and/or coco are good alternatives too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi @donnob, @SkunkPharm, @PsyCLown. Thanks for the advice. 

I'm testing the kratky method without aerating the water. It's said the exposed roots draws oxygen directly from the air. Whether it's enough or the same as aeration is another story. 

I'll be adding to my setup for my future grows as it's just a hobby at this stage so I'll def be asking for guidance!! 👍👍

• Like 2

whats up and welcome!! 

do you have an outside light that shines on the plant at night? (Bathroom light, street lamp, outside light, stoep lamp, neighbors house lights)

that plant is in the process of not quite knowing what to do... it is trying hard to reveg and grow just leaves again, but its just not getting enough light for that, and its getting just too much light to flower properly.

keen to see how it turns out bud! 

• Agree 2

Aweh @Growbaron 

Feeding a plant high levels of nitrogen during flower may also create leafy buds like those. Sunlight hours this time of the year will also push a plant to reveg.

In order to help with this situation we'll need a bit more info about your grow setup.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

welcome @Growbaron

any specific reason you are set on the "kratky" method? 

always had me wondering, the guys who wana get growing with any plant and jump right to some alternative method of growing other than just plain old soil, are they more interested in growing the plant or are they interested in doing something "out of the ordinary"? 

with any of these alternative methods you need to do quite a bit more homework and maintenance, need more tools and resources and need a lot more "know how" to get things right. you may also run into quite a bit of trouble and when that happens you need to know how to fix. 

with all that said, I have no idea how much of a greenfinger you are, so that's why I ask, why the "kratky" method? 

• Agree 1