Decarboxylation..

Good day Guys and Gals.. So the process of decarboxylation is necessary aand a fundamental part of making good oils..

There is allot of factors that need to be considered.. 

Now my only question is, is there any devises in the market at affordable prices that are being used by somebody on here that can give possitive feedback..

I have a customer that require such a device but I do not have truthfull answers to steer him in the right direction.. I'm not the kind of person that give advice or product if I have not used it myself and am happy with it.. This would be for personal use but preferable a product made specifically for the job.. Anny advice would be much appreciated..👌👍🌱

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, GreenGrow Garden Route said:

Yeah man the stuff is expensive.. Smell is firsrtly the problem with the normal oven and ensuring that the correct temp is constant..

Hi, the MagicalButter Decarbox might be an option? https://aeradix.co.za/product/magicalbutter-decarbox/

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, GreenGrow Garden Route said:

Yeah man the stuff is expensive.. Smell is firsrtly the problem with the normal oven and ensuring that the correct temp is constant..

Hey @GreenGrow Garden Route, I only saw this now...

For me smell was an issue too, when it came to decarb, but I found a way to decarb with next to no smell. 

Take your trim/bud, grind it down a bit. Fill it into one of these 1 liter consol preservative jars with those 2-part lids (screw-on ring and lid). Don't fill it up completely, maybe 80%. Flip the lid upside down and screw the ring on loosely. Meanwhile bring you oven to the desired temperature. Take a baking tray, put a towel on it and place your jar on top of the towel. The towel will prevent the bottom of the jar being in direct contact with the baking tray, which can get too hot even on a lower temperature setting. Decarb for 60 minutes and shake the jar every 15 minutes to ensure all the material will be "baked" evenly. 

This works for me. There's nearly no smell compared to just do it on the baking tray. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Fridge said:

Hey @GreenGrow Garden Route, I only saw this now...

For me smell was an issue too, when it came to decarb, but I found a way to decarb with next to no smell. 

Take your trim/bud, grind it down a bit. Fill it into one of these 1 liter consol preservative jars with those 2-part lids (screw-on ring and lid). Don't fill it up completely, maybe 80%. Flip the lid upside down and screw the ring on loosely. Meanwhile bring you oven to the desired temperature. Take a baking tray, put a towel on it and place your jar on top of the towel. The towel will prevent the bottom of the jar being in direct contact with the baking tray, which can get too hot even on a lower temperature setting. Decarb for 60 minutes and shake the jar every 15 minutes to ensure all the material will be "baked" evenly. 

This works for me. There's nearly no smell compared to just do it on the baking tray. 

have heard of guys doing this, but instead of doing it in the oven you grab a pot and put the jar with weed in it in the pot standing up, then you fill the pot with water just till where the weed sits in the jar. place something heavy ontop of the jar to keep it from floating or falling over. bring the water up to simmer so you know you at boiling temp then just lower a tad bit so the water stays hot as hell but not bubbling. keep the jar in there for 60min and fill the pot with water when needed. 

jar should be breathable so it doesn't build pressure inside and explode. so either flip the lid or drill a hole in the lid and put breathable surgical tape over. best way. so giving up the lid do it in a jar you don't wana use again in future. just make sure the jar is clean and no smells

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut
  • Thanks 1