Why Seven Hundred and Ten is my favorite number...

Guest OnlyTheGood

Guest OnlyTheGood

GLO, don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with good bubble, we're old friends, I just find solvent extractions more suited to my needs these days. 

For about 2 years prior to diving back into the deep end, I avoided all solvent extractions due to a lack of confidence in their safety and distrust for the methodology employed by many that perform them. After a lot of reading of both scientific data and forum posts by respected experts I feel like I've conquered what I now feel is an irrational fear, but still only consume concentrates made by individuals who know how to do things right.

I would be interested to know what your yield of the first wash, full melt grade is per 100g? Vibrating table is a good move, I've seen fantastic results from innovative use of a top loader washing machine..

Those photos you posted certainly look delectable, but even the tiniest spec of green unfortunately tastes funny when it hits hot TI. I would definitely be willing to try a dab in the name of scientific experimentation, of course! :P

Ok I've got limited experience other than a few runs on material I've had left over on the non solvent extractions IE: bubble, dry sift.

Now my question is what is the average yields you get? 5%, 10%?

Off of either bud, trim? Obviously dry full buds yielding the most.

Awe

When it comes to bubble hash fresh frozen is the way to go. Talking yields is like asking how long a piece of string is lol , it is very strain dependent and if using trim it depends on the quality of the trim  (amount of trichs left). Trim you can expect a 5-10% yield while on good bud you can expect a 10-20% yield. When it comes to making hash ypu really get out what you put in.

Cheers

GLO

Hi bud

I use the 8 bag system as I process lots of trim and like my product clean as possible. The 220u is my work bag then 190u 160u and  120u are my contaminate bags , some people say it's a waste of time but personally I like to make sure I get all contaminate out and sometimes the 120u still holds trichs and a product that is great for cooking. Your 90u , 73u and 45u bags are your honey bags and will be full melt if you have done it right with 90u and 73u being the best. The last bag ,25u, is your bag that catches the trichome stalks and damaged glands is never a full melt but is still really pure , very hashy as we know black seal.

Yield and bubble hash are all about technique and learning . It's easy to put trim in the bags and smash away and yield 25% but it's going to have lots of contaminate in . Guys use drills and things and the sludge the get out looks terrible... with the cold from the ice the trichomes are really brittle and come off easily. There are even small washing machines made for making bubble hash these days but I still feel they a bit aggressive. 

I normally do 2 runs on the same product,  first run is the pure stuff that's done on a vibrating table . While the second run I am a bit more aggressive about it and that run is used to make pressed hash. On the first run I normally yield about 7% full melt and on the second run I yield about 4% of press. On the second run I could easily get those numbers up but the more the numbers go up the more contaminate will be in the press. Once I have run the material twice it goes to a friend of mine who is a master baker and I get muffins , cake and cookies in return .

For me bubble just does it... and I don't have to worry about 100's of cans of butane lol

Cheers

GLO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Squish that bru!!!! :-hilarious :-hilarious :-hilarious :-hilarious :goodposting

Haha personally I go with 2 grades .1st grade is full melt 95% pure , that gets left in sand form . 2nd grade gets pressed . I find pressing ruptures the trichome glands and I find by leaving it in sand form it retains a lot more of the flavour of the bud and not as much a hashy flavour . Also sand is much easier to put in a joint lol

Guest kimcarsons

Reaf you are a reasonable man. We are both reasonable men. I'll gladly enjoy a full melt on sapphire, but out of what some call canine like loyalty; others might call ignorance, perhaps even idiocy, I will firmly stand by the #Rosinmustfall. Peasantry is easy. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I've never been able to make rosin for some reason or I just didn't care enough for it. Id do the whole squish process but i'm not sure what I wasn't doing right.

So my question is... Do you guys who smoke rosin notice the high lipid content? and if so are you winterizing/dewaxing?

I'm under the impression that to rosin a few grams of good quality dry sift would be a better option as you wouldn't be pulling all the plant waxes with? 

But I guess i will only know when I try it.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...