A Friendly Warning to Western Cape Seed Buyers

420SA

As many experienced growers in the Cape will know, there is one big obstacle that stands in the way of ordering seeds overseas and that is CAPEMAIL >:( >:(>:(

CapeMail is the central mail hub of the Western Cape and the majority of international mail (and most local mail except for couriers) goes through there.

For some reason their security is a lot more jacked up than the rest of the country and they do confiscate seeds on a regular basis. I haven't heard of anyone being arrested as a result but you most definitely won't be getting those beans you've been so excited about :'(

While this can be a very frightening prospect there are options of bypassing this system and they have proved successful.

Here are your options:

1. Order your seeds Untracked - Untracked envelopes or packages don't go through the same security procedures as the tracked one's. I've had success with this method.

2. Order Small - The larger your order the more risky it gets. I would personally say order 3-5 seeds at a time but you can try push it if you feel brave.

3. Select a sellers Stealth delivery method - This may involve stealthy packaging or they will ship your seeds with an item of clothing or something to divert any attention from the seeds. However you may end up paying import taxes on that item.

4. If you want to order large have your seeds shipped to a trusted person elsewhere in the country and then have them courier the seeds to you.

Here is a list of a couple trusted websites that people have had success with:

http://original-ssc.com/

http://www.cannazon.com/

http://www.bonzaseeds.com/

http://www.sanniesshop.com/?sl=EN

Any sites to add to this? Please reply to this post  :-puffin

Awesome info! Thanks. have you had any seeds not arrive from those seedbanks? :-\

I've only ordered from Original Sensible but have read and heard of success from the others. On some occasions Sannies tracked options were confiscated however he will resend them until they get to you I believe. 

Hey guys, AJ here from Cape Town as the name says ;)

I've had a few packages confiscated with no arrests but it's still unpleasant. My last order I had sent to a friend in the UK who has now sent it to a friend in jhb. It's still on it's way so let's see.

I had good service from Nguni seeds. Package arrived fast and with no problems. Unfortunately they don't do feminized seeds which is the only negative. I'm busy germing the seeds now so will post some progress once they grow but I have a feeling they are going to be good.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest spootch

Don't stress Heisenburg there a couple people on here who've ordered from them! They've even posted here before, Everyone has diffrent  opinions on them tho!

What strains you get ?

Don't think they in business to get people in trouble that wouldn't be a good business model

I also bought from GSR when i was starting out. I got 2 seeds and they actually turned out great! but then again I've seen other experiences.

I'm sure GSR are aware of what's being said about them so I'm pretty sure they'll want to prove the critics wrong.

The beauty is that we can document it all on here. Keep us updated on your orders chaps :thumbups

Personally I wouldn't touch GSR with a 40 foot pole.... they are overpriced and I wouldn't like my details on record with them. I personally feel it's safer to order from overseas , it's only a matter of time until they get bust. Don't underestimate our police force there are still ba few good ones and to think something like GSR will be allowed to get away with what they are doing.... every other local seed bank got bust eventually and when that day comes i wouldn't want to have had anything to do with them..

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Reaf

Guest spootch

Personally I wouldn't touch GSR with a 40 foot pole.... they are overpriced and I wouldn't like my details on record with them. I personally feel it's safer to order from overseas , it's only a matter of time until they get bust. Don't underestimate our police force there are still ba few good ones and to think something like GSR will be allowed to get away with what they are doing.... every other local seed bank got bust eventually and when that day comes i wouldn't want to have had anything to do with them..

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Reaf

Well said, exactly how I feel.

"Don't underestimate our police force there are still ba few good ones and to think something like GSR will be allowed to get away with what they are doing.... every other local seed bank got bust eventually and when that day comes i wouldn't want to have had anything to do with them.."

i would support GSR eventhough they dont have the foggiest what they are doing. They are local, and actually have great genetics. I have never heard of one seedbank in South Africa, let alone one online shop. Can you let me know of any, you must speak from experience. I mean there are plenty of growshops involved in indoor operations, and not even one has been involved in raids, actually the opposite, its good for marketing. Not to say police are not on top of things, i would be careful.

Sorry my english was bad, in response to your comment " every other local seed bank got bust eventually and when that day comes i wouldn't want to have had anything to do with them." I meant to say not one being busted, but you are right, Twaks was busted. Point is not one seedbank has been busted as yet. Twaks physical location was busted due to a tipoff. Have an irie day fellows.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe another group who tried selling actual bud was the 420 Brothers or something with 'brothers' in the title....site got seized.

I have had quite a bit of experience in getting seeds into Western Cape....also Ive been caught and had to sit in a room with a customs official in Epping (horrible feeling)....turned out fine in the end though.

Ive had success with Sannie but he doesnt accept credit cards anymore...your order will probably get seized but he resends until it gets through (Sannie is a living legend if u ask me)

Bonzaseeds was a sure winner for me as I went for their untracked option. stealth was exceptional and pretty funny actually at the simplicity

Attitude seed bank: First order of seed I ever made was through them and it got through by sheer luck I assume as the second order landed me in trouble!

I know of guys who have used Original Sensible with no tracking and had it work out for them, as well as Cannazon being very good and they stock sannies if u need to order some of his genetics with a credit card.

PS:

CapeMail sucks ass

HI peeps

I'm new here, from CT. I fell off the horse and wanted to get going again. Geez postal is bad now. I'm glad I joined and read this post.

I previously successfully bought Sannies and Attitude. The disappointment of non-delivery or customs issues is a fear :(

• 420SA unpinned this topic