Greetings

Noob1903

10 minutes ago, Noob1903 said:

Still trying to figure out the correct environment to reduce chances of PM.

oooooooh, this what all the fans and airmovement is for? you got a good start bro, for sure. but pm can show up on a plant regardless, some plants carry pm better than they carry their own genes. 

here you go brother, this will sort you out! If you can afford a nice AC in your grow room you surely can put one of these down, 

https://www.greenhouston.co.za/products/solenco-cf8500-air-purifier

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

I doubt your problem is airflow. It seems you have everything you need. and the plants do not look over watered either and quite healthy. I'm scratching my chin honestly.

I have read a mountain of info on PM. One of the root problems is too many leaves touching each other and causing air pockets where damp thrives. I have tried to do bit of selective pruning, but have only done that once in Veg and on day 21 of flower. The idea behind the shed was to use it as a veg station so that i could swing them over to the bigger shed to flower. Messed up timing and had to flower in shed 1. Plants are really on top of each other or touching walls etc.

Tried the Milk solution, bicarb etc.

Whats up @Noob1903!

good advice from the peeps so far!

for PM i would get a bottle of copper soap and blast the ladies like ASAP! they are juuuust in the beginning of flower and you will get away with it... dont leave it for another week. you can pick some up from most nurseries or a hydro store

one spray should keep the PM at bay for the remainder of the grow... spray everything though... walls, door, and lightly on your fans and lights and then wipe them down.... PM spores can and already are everywhere in the room... but one good spray should do the trick... use a pressure sprayer... you can pick up a 2l for 100 bucks from a makro or game or nursery.

then, thats a sweet sized room! you can get a ton of ladies in there haha... but you are going to need more lights... a lot more lights... the 2x 220w fittings are good for a 1.2x1.2  area at most... and the T5s are best used as veg lights... what globes are those? they look like LED? i have yet to come across decent LED bulbs that fit into standard Fluorescent fittings.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

oooooooh, this what all the fans and airmovement is for? you got a good start bro, for sure. but pm can show up on a plant regardless, some plants carry pm better than they carry their own genes. 

here you go brother, this will sort you out! If you can afford a nice AC in your grow room you surely can put one of these down, 

https://www.greenhouston.co.za/products/solenco-cf8500-air-purifier

Damn, looks great. I would need 2 though, eish

7 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

If you use Milk, make sure to use the low fat or lactose free, or your cannabis will smell of sour milk soon and mould grows on that now.

on the contrary, i recommend full cream milk ... yea it does stink up the place, but i have never had an issue with mold after a milk spray, mold will only grow in an environment that has high RH all the time... 30-40% is great and mold will not survive in those conditions.

@Noob1903, just remember that the ladies dont know what veg or day 21 in flower means... if you have leaves that are in the way all over eachother, then you gotta deal with it now, while its a problem... sure you can leave your bulk defoliation for those days... but never slack on removing leaves that are in the way

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

you could get a refractometer, test the plant that gets hit, see if it has a healthy immune system. 

sounds like you got a problematic plant

refractometers are cheap

Bought clones, so don't think its the strains, as far as i know:

3x Apple Pie

3x Banana Kush

3x Gelato 33

3x Zkittelz

15 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

If you use Milk, make sure to use the low fat or lactose free, or your cannabis will smell of sour milk soon and mould grows on that now.

Tried both variants. Both leave a smell

Tried a 4:1 ratio

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CreX said:

on the contrary, i recommend full cream milk ... yea it does stink up the place, but i have never had an issue with mold after a milk spray, mold will only grow in an environment that has high RH all the time... 30-40% is great and mold will not survive in those conditions.

@Noob1903, just remember that the ladies dont know what veg or day 21 in flower means... if you have leaves that are in the way all over eachother, then you gotta deal with it now, while its a problem... sure you can leave your bulk defoliation for those days... but never slack on removing leaves that are in the way

Thanks, i removed so more leaves when I did a H2O2 drench yesterday

Not sure about ratios though. I mixed 14ml per Liter of 50% H2O2 and sprayed yesterday

23 minutes ago, CreX said:

Whats up @Noob1903!

good advice from the peeps so far!

for PM i would get a bottle of copper soap and blast the ladies like ASAP! they are juuuust in the beginning of flower and you will get away with it... dont leave it for another week. you can pick some up from most nurseries or a hydro store

one spray should keep the PM at bay for the remainder of the grow... spray everything though... walls, door, and lightly on your fans and lights and then wipe them down.... PM spores can and already are everywhere in the room... but one good spray should do the trick... use a pressure sprayer... you can pick up a 2l for 100 bucks from a makro or game or nursery.

then, thats a sweet sized room! you can get a ton of ladies in there haha... but you are going to need more lights... a lot more lights... the 2x 220w fittings are good for a 1.2x1.2  area at most... and the T5s are best used as veg lights... what globes are those? they look like LED? i have yet to come across decent LED bulbs that fit into standard Fluorescent fittings.

I haven't tried copper soap yet. Ladies are in Week 3 of flower

I have another shed that is for flower. I have 4x 400W HPS lights and the room is bigger. This shed was only ever going to be for Veg

I got the globes from ACDC. Not very strong, but do the job for Germination and initial Veg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

What source of nutrients are you using?

Using Gold Label Hydrococo 60/40 but thinking about changing to Atami

Currently use GHE Grow and Bloom but recently changed over to the new 3 part range (Grow, Bloom & Micro)

12 minutes ago, Noob1903 said:

Thanks, i removed so more leaves when I did a H2O2 drench yesterday

Not sure about ratios though. I mixed 14ml per Liter of 50% H2O2 and sprayed yesterday

i would stop with the H202 sprays TBH, at most it is more of a preventative measure - when you can you should get yourself some of the products @The_StonedTrooper mentioned earlier, a typical arsenal would include pyrol, neem oil, copper soap, AQSF, h202, and then add various products for specific goggas if you need to

45 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

AQSF

Double Nickle

Jadam Wetting agent and Sulfur 

Neem oil

Copper soap

Copper plus N

6 minutes ago, Noob1903 said:

I haven't tried copper soap yet. Ladies are in Week 3 of flower

I have another shed that is for flower. I have 4x 400W HPS lights and the room is bigger. This shed was only ever going to be for Veg

I got the globes from ACDC. Not very strong, but do the job for Germination and initial Veg

oof,i thought they were a little earlier in flower... if your pm isnt bad...i would maybe go with a 30% solution of the stuff anyways to keep it at bay, and then going forward, treat them in veg and you wont suffer in flower.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CreX said:

i would stop with the H202 sprays TBH, at most it is more of a preventative measure - when you can you should get yourself some of the products @The_StonedTrooper mentioned earlier, a typical arsenal would include pyrol, neem oil, copper soap, AQSF, h202, and then add various products for specific goggas if you need to

oof,i thought they were a little earlier in flower... if your pm isnt bad...i would maybe go with a 30% solution of the stuff anyways to keep it at bay, and then going forward, treat them in veg and you wont suffer in flower.

Thanks for the help, it is seriously appreciated. This grow was looking so good until the PM started. Its still not as bad as it can get (i have been here multiple times)

Please can you let me know where to buy and process for treating in veg?

5 hours ago, Noob1903 said:

Bought clones, so don't think its the strains, as far as i know:

3x Apple Pie

3x Banana Kush

3x Gelato 33

3x Zkittelz

oh and brother, just before I forget, genetics has very little to nothing to do with pest and disease resistance. 

you can have 100 of the same cut and depending on the state of an individual one of those cuts they will differ. health wise.

the fact that they are clones might be the very problem.

you might have brought the pm in on one of the clones now the spores are just being blown around in there. 

a lot of people's clones get pm on them because in the time of rooting the plants immune system is compromised because of the heavy shock and is placed in high RH. the plant focuses first on making roots before it can even uptake any thing that would help with immune boost. chances to breed a mold is hiiiigh. 

bringing in clones from others' grow areas should always be seen as infected and treated as such. then placed under IPM with the rest. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

oh and brother, just before I forget, genetics has very little to nothing to do with pest and disease resistance. 

you can have 100 of the same cut and depending on the state of an individual one of those cuts they will differ. health wise.

the fact that they are clones might be the very problem.

you might have brought the pm in on one of the clones now the spores are just being blown around in there. 

a lot of people's clones get pm on them because in the time of rooting the plants immune system is compromised because of the heavy shock and is placed in high RH. the plant focuses first on making roots before it can even uptake any thing that would help with immune boost. chances to breed a mold is hiiiigh. 

bringing in clones from others' grow areas should always be seen as infected and treated as such. then placed under IPM with the rest. 

Thanks bud

What would you recommend to boost the plants resistance to PM? Someone mentioned Silicon? If I am planning on using the GH (Now TA) Tripart supplements, is this still required?

Do you know where I can buy the other products mentioned? Specifically AQSF? I am based in JHB