S33dFr33k

S33dFr33k

8 minutes ago, CreX said:

Lol it looks like you are growing an entirely different plant with the yellow tips hehe... The rest of the plant, actually even including those leaves look healthy and happy... 

What do you think? Its the first thing that came to mind. Locked out by too much nitrogen?

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/molybdenum-deficiency-in-poinsettia

Molybdenum toxicity will also exaggerate purpling in late flower. Only tiny amounts like 1-2 ppm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twix Aphen said:

What do you think? Its the first thing that came to mind. Locked out by too much nitrogen?

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/molybdenum-deficiency-in-poinsettia

Molybdenum toxicity will also exaggerate purpling in late flower. Only tiny amounts like 1-2 ppm.

Yea it's very strange... I was stumped, then took to Google for guidance... And even Google is a bit scant.... Which leads me to believe that there are/were a few issues happening at the same time. 

Most deficiencies lead to a sad unhappy looking leaf... Likewise with toxicities... Leaf generally stays to look like shit... But not his leaves... They are happy looking for the most part... Very confusing lol. 

The only other time I have seen something similar happen is with cloning gell, I see weird disfigured discolored nonsense on the new growth and then it's fine

• Like 1

What about copper deficiency? The leaves aren't turning brown though. 🤷‍♂️ Seems to fit the symptoms.

Problem: A cannabis copper deficiency appears with leaf symptoms such as dark leaves that take on blue or even purple undertones. The tips and edges of leaves turn pale yellow or white in stark contrast to the rest of the leaves which have turned dark. In flowering it’s important to correct a cannabis copper deficiency as soon as possible because buds may stop maturing if the plant isn’t fixed up right away. Copper doesn’t move easily through the plant and is considered “low-mobile” which means the yellowing leaves might not necessarily turn green again, but the problem should stop spreading to new marijuana leaves.

Cannabis Copper Deficiency Symptoms

• Leaves turn dark with blue or purple undertones
  • Tips and edges of leaves turn bright yellow or white
  • Shiny or metallic sheen on leaves
  • Leaves may feel stiff and start turning under
  • Tends to affect leaves directly under the light
  • Buds do not ripen, or grow very slowly

The pale tips of a cannabis copper deficiency look a little different from nutrient burn, which may start out with slighly yellow tips, but soon makes tips appear brown or burnt.

This is what the yellow leaf tips of a cannabis copper deficiency looks like. The most telling feature of a copper deficiency is that the rest of the leaf darkens and takes on a blue or purple cast which makes the yellow tips look bright in comparison. The leaves also often appear shiny and may feel stiff.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms

40 minutes ago, S33dFr33k said:

What about copper deficiency?

Good shout too. It could be any of the micro elements mentioned. Your soil, fish emulsion and worm juice may have been a bit strong a that stage. They are pulling out of it now and looking much better 😊

I know what Nitrogen toxicity looks like because some of my clones are showing the claw leaves. I backed off with the feed for a week and just gave them water. 

55 minutes ago, CreX said:

And even Google is a bit scant....

I first search through Google Image and look for similar pictures.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GGG said:

Wow dit the yellow turn green again ?
New growth look fine so you set to go from here

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

On the T2 plant, the yellow seemed to subside but there are still two leaves with some yellow edges. 

The T1 plant on the other hand just went full-on with yellow. If there's a prize for most vibrant and colorful plant, I might be in the running. LOL! 

• Like 2

On the T2 plant, the yellow seemed to subside but there are still two leaves with some yellow edges. 
The T1 plant on the other hand just went full-on with yellow. If there's a prize for most vibrant and colorful plant, I might be in the running. LOL! 

I thought leaves doesn't go back green after a discoloration . Interesting

14 hours ago, GGG said:

emoji1787.png
I thought leaves doesn't go back green after a discoloration . Interesting emoji3577.png

It never went full yellow(sorry I confused the matter) just the edges of the leaves but went super bright yellow. Beautiful colour actually 😁

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• CreX pinned this topic

Day 42 - day before the flip

This week a did small amounts of defoliation every 2nd day. Thinking I might need to do some more though, T2 is looking mighty bushy.

Here's where we're at.

T1: I did the most defoliation on T1 so far. Nice canopy forming, still think I could trim a few more round the bottom edges.

IMG_20210702_170019.thumb.jpg.47b12a9b6d405a7df3b8c53192a0f74f.jpgIMG_20210702_170111.thumb.jpg.b0728a1e34126d242a9c76bf45446f05.jpgIMG_20210702_170054.thumb.jpg.f7e824b923db46090031c31e67889889.jpg

T2: The leaves are twisting in an attempt to get more light. I think I need more defoliation on this girl.

IMG_20210702_170135.thumb.jpg.ed04367b366f277c44c9195ffcbe6ef9.jpgIMG_20210702_170120.thumb.jpg.72a0d3d1bc543ea915826be19a4e4fae.jpg

T3: This girl is looking good, nice big fan leaves. I've let her go Christmas tree in hoping she sports a nice fat cola.

IMG_20210702_170209.thumb.jpg.e06210d248c58e0c8ebfc5d1915269c6.jpgIMG_20210702_170205.thumb.jpg.a18739f25fb2e06f2854425fdc0d0cad.jpgIMG_20210702_170148.thumb.jpg.0dfa0026ae7745bcf3be2211608929dc.jpg

Lastly a pic of the whole tent.

I'm also growing a Dinafem Gorilla Auto at the back.

IMG_20210702_170219.thumb.jpg.af9e8127fd834f79a4ddca1574c3ad30.jpg

Edited by S33dFr33k
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

I'm still going to say pH, possibly fluctuations. 

I always stick to 6 but lately I've been noticing that I need to put more PH down in the solution to get it down from 7. Maybe the PH down solution has lost its efficacy. 

How can I tell if the PH meter is faulty? 

1 minute ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

You can check pen with calibration solution.

I'd say the pH down could be bad, or the pen.

But your other plants are happy, could mean the one wants a different pH, or that soil is sour or something not happy or balanced. 

The darn thing is brand new. I bought it just before this comp. Also calibrated it too. 

Just so I understand which one do you see an issue with 1, 2, or 3?

Twisted leaves, I'd think are like us with lemon juice in our mouth, we pull twisted cheeks, so thinking similar. 

Your pH pen, do you store it in storage solution?

If not, and a cheap or cheaper one, you probably have a bad bulb now, or even microscopic deterioration on the bulb from nutrients, or similar.  They are known to be the most cost effective bulbs used and they can come defective from the factory. 

You need to look after that bulb, it reads liquid, through a material, and needs to be moist to be fresh, and therefore accurate. 

Plant 2 with twisted leaves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Twisted leaves, I'd think are like us with lemon juice in our mouth, we pull twisted cheeks, so thinking similar. 

Your pH pen, do you store it in storage solution?

If not, and a cheap or cheaper one, you probably have a bad bulb now, or even microscopic deterioration on the bulb from nutrients, or similar.  They are known to be the most cost effective bulbs used and they can come defective from the factory. 

You need to look after that bulb, it reads liquid, through a material, and needs to be moist to be fresh, and therefore accurate. 

Plant 2 with twisted leaves

Wow, I didn't know you had to store it in a storage solution. Thanks, I'll look into it. You learn so much on this forum. Thanks again 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• CreX unpinned this topic

Two days into the flip schedule and a little bit more defoliation. Ladies are looking good. 

I'm doing lights off at night but keeping the heat matt on to keep the temp up in the tent. Also turning the fan off during nights. 

This pic is with the lights on. Rest are without to show color. 

All the ladies. 

IMG_20210705_110402.thumb.jpg.a7614aebc43846fba012f8484a96fac6.jpg

T1

IMG_20210705_110441.thumb.jpg.eabfd601c9f823976412bad238c0794d.jpg

T2

IMG_20210705_110434.thumb.jpg.0b45d27e07e30273f0f14f36884b068e.jpg

T3

IMG_20210705_110449.thumb.jpg.68e085b71e8758e7e295f822037080f2.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, S33dFr33k said:

You're right 🤦

Will keep it on, just worried it lowers the temp too much. It's mighty cold in jozi these nights. 

slow and steady growth is better than normal potentially moldy growth.. keeping the fans and circulation off is not a good idea.

the transpiring plants and just moist mediums in general will raise the humidity considerably and most likely lead to problems... hell, even eishkkoms 2 hour daily outages in my tents was enough to trigger a PM outbreak despite the very low rH outside the tent.

plants prefer a higher temp, but can manage just fine in the cold

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Opened the tent this morning to a very chilly 15° inside. Frost on the ground in the garden. Everyone is looking good though. 

All ladies fed this morning. Started adding transition nutrients from Budding Genius on top of other nutes they're already getting. 

Fairy Dust: A premium bloom boost feed that increases flower size and mass. Stimulates flower development, resinous oils, and terpene production. Ingredients: derived from mono-potassium Phosphate, Potassium Hydroxide and a thiamine Hydrochloride. 1ml-1l

Trance: A premium feed that promotes healthy vigorous growth. Ingredients: derived from marine extracts, liquid vermicast, chelated trace minerals, fish and seaweed extract, beeswax, amino acids and natural extracts. 3.5ml-1l

Posted pics with and without the light on this morning. 

IMG_20210707_074948.jpg

IMG_20210707_074953.jpg

IMG_20210707_075025.jpg

IMG_20210707_074956.jpg

IMG_20210707_075030.jpg

IMG_20210707_075035.jpg

IMG_20210707_075038.jpg

IMG_20210707_075057.jpg

IMG_20210707_075108.jpg

IMG_20210707_075103.jpg

IMG_20210707_075114.jpg

IMG_20210707_075119.jpg