• Just Cannabis
    • Jamies Garden Shop Orgasoilux
    • 3Sixty 420 Mix
    • JouMaSeSoil
    • Gorilla Mix
    • Best Green Potting Soil
    • Thrive

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2021 at 10:00 AM

• 420SA pinned this topic

My favourite by far and always consistent, I know exactly what I get and I can keep it simple .
Freedom Farms Super Soil , not available in shops , he mixes it for me. His recipe not mine

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

I voted on this before, and said I thought orgasoilux would be the best bet, but now thinking back and only having used FF premium/Heavily amended self made soils, I wouldn't be able to comment truthfully. Soil with lots of amendments always have less room for feeding either something or another, which every grower wants to do (and rightly so, as it can decrease veg time or give that extra boost during flower). This is why I think FF usually has such good results, there is just the right amount of stuff in it. That by itself is a huge advantage to a grower.  

• Agree 1

I personally have used several mixes.. and at the end of the day I always end up either burning my plants or over water them.. Drainage is the main thing.. Freedom Farms Premium classic just does it.. With a bit of Diotomatious earth for the fungus knats I believe you'll struggle to find a replacement except if you have you own soilmix down to a T.. Even then you need to know your soil well when feeding.. I've had great sucsess with it and only adding microbes.. Plants thrive in it and you can reuse the soil.. If you did not feed to much.. Most growers I know will not use anything else..

4 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I would have gone with FF. But their soil is only good for one grow without amending it again. 

I've done back to back grows in Freedom Farm without anny hassle... But I am a very light feeder. I only use microbes and maybe some fishmix.. But yes.. Once you have used Biobiz it needs reamending.. One of my pots last year gave me three harvests and I only used microbes and a very little 4:3:4 mixed into the topsoil. After it was mixed with a new bag and used again. One of the Tortonis will be grown with only microbes..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

I've done back to back grows in Freedom Farm without anny hassle... But I am a very light feeder. I only use microbes and maybe some fishmix.. But yes.. Once you have used Biobiz it needs reamending.. One of my pots last year gave me three harvests and I only used microbes and a very little 4:3:4 mixed into the topsoil. After it was mixed with a new bag and used again. One of the Tortonis will be grown with only microbes..

I mix my own soil. We each have our own grow styles. I like to grow big plants. I veg longer that other people. My plants feed heavier than other growers plants. Maybe @GGG can comment here. He uses FF. 

Edited by SkunkPharm

I mix my own soil. We each have our own grow styles. I like to grow big plants. I veg longer that other people. My plants feed heavier than other growers plants. Maybe @GGG can comment here. He uses FF. 
Soil I have used and tried
FF Premium classic green bag - best of all with no feeds first 4-6 weeks of veg then needs feeding from there , either teas or Biobiss . Second grow needs to be ammended .

Orgasoilux - from start to finish was good and just fed some microbes and a flower boost weekly.

FF Custom crafted Super Soil - This is the shit man , FF advises water with a 5,5-6ph and I achieve that by adding 1ml/L of the FF Probiotic and once a week it gets 3-5ml/L , in flower it's the same as above with the FF Fire Juice once a week , and that's it of you go. Very consistent outcome , and have grown second grows in the same soil with teas and FF Microlife .

Just Cannabis - this one is last on my list , it's just not consistent as the other 2.

Usually il take all old soil and chuck them in a big 250L drum and add Elemental Blend from Dirtyhands.inc( Jamie's Garden Shop ) and mix as advised, or more , and let it sit for a few weeks. No problems with this way also.

Using soil again depends on how big the plant in there was and how much nutrients is left at the end of a grow . When using a 15L pot that has a plant in that will yield 60-90g it's depleted mostly and il do the high end ammendmend with the Elemental Blend.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GGG said:

Soil I have used and tried
FF Premium classic green bag - best of all with no feeds first 4-6 weeks of veg then needs feeding from there , either teas or Biobiss . Second grow needs to be ammended .

Orgasoilux - from start to finish was good and just fed some microbes and a flower boost weekly.

FF Custom crafted Super Soil - This is the shit man , FF advises water with a 5,5-6ph and I achieve that by adding 1ml/L of the FF Probiotic and once a week it gets 3-5ml/L , in flower it's the same as above with the FF Fire Juice once a week , and that's it of you go. Very consistent outcome , and have grown second grows in the same soil with teas and FF Microlife .

Just Cannabis - this one is last on my list , it's just not consistent as the other 2.

Usually il take all old soil and chuck them in a big 250L drum and add Elemental Blend from Dirtyhands.inc( Jamie's Garden Shop ) and mix as advised, or more , and let it sit for a few weeks. No problems with this way also.

Using soil again depends on how big the plant in there was and how much nutrients is left at the end of a grow . When using a 15L pot that has a plant in that will yield 60-90g it's depleted mostly and il do the high end ammendmend with the Elemental Blend.

Hello GGG, your soil looks like a winner and sounds simple to use. I want to nominate another brand too https://www.norsag.co.za/floragard.html

It will provide feed for around 4 weeks before feeding and can also be mixed with Coco and compost too. 

large.IMG_20210515_160038.jpg.c46bcf52567c4a4a284b65f83b44561d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I guess FF Organic Classic is the Green Bag.. Premium Classic?

I use that soil for anything I do... plus my compost heap soil, i mix in the FF soil with 50% perlite/compost, I just dump everything organic from the kitchen and garden on the heap.. egg shells, everything food left overs. Only use the mix for repotting into big pots 40 and up, below I stick to FF Premium Classic only.

• Like 1

I guess FF Organic Classic is the Green Bag.. Premium Classic?
I use that soil for anything I do... plus my compost heap soil, i mix in the FF soil with 50% perlite/compost, I just dump everything organic from the kitchen and garden on the heap.. egg shells, everything food left overs. Only use the mix for repotting into big pots 40 and up, below I stick to FF Premium Classic only.
Jip Green bag

• Thanks 1

Is just confusing when is different written on the bag. Had a quick search.. yes, you find both versions for the green bag 😂 somebody needs to tell FF to update their product name depending on what they write on the bag.

Love it... 🤣

• Haha 3

Should price be factored into the equation? FF seems to be the most expensive whilst having the least amount of amendments in it?

ive only used orgasoilux so my input is rather irrelevant in the sense of comparing it to other soil mixes.

I’ve only used +- 500ml of my dirty hand inc nutes after 10 plants(4 harvested + 6 at week 5 of flower). 

ive also purchased their elemental blend to re-use the soil which saves me from buying soil for every grow. I’ve even added it to my local nurseries potting soil(yet to use it) but in theory should work out.  

so for me, orgasoilux is a winner as it packed with nutrients that can take you from seed to harvest without nutrients and is the R20 cheaper than FF which is probably the considered the best soil mix in SA. So in the long run, you saving money on rebuying soil and nutrients which can be used on seeds and equipment. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

Should price be factored into the equation? FF seems to be the most expensive whilst having the least amount of amendments in it?

ive only used orgasoilux so my input is rather irrelevant in the sense of comparing it to other soil mixes.

I’ve only used +- 500ml of my dirty hand inc nutes after 10 plants(4 harvested + 6 at week 5 of flower). 

ive also purchased their elemental blend to re-use the soil which saves me from buying soil for every grow. I’ve even added it to my local nurseries potting soil(yet to use it) but in theory should work out.  

so for me, orgasoilux is a winner as it packed with nutrients that can take you from seed to harvest without nutrients and is the R20 cheaper than FF which is probably the considered the best soil mix in SA. So in the long run, you saving money on rebuying soil and nutrients which can be used on seeds and equipment. 

IMO the ultimate goal for soil is to have a large and deep enough single bed that you can reamend and occasionally top-up with more soil whenever plants/roots are removed, no nutrients at all.

Getting this right can be a challenge if doing it DIY, and although ultimately saves you the most in the end, it can also end terribly. So I hope the Orgasoilux can do the job because that would be super great. In the past with packed soil that can take you from seed to harvest, they've either been too hot for seedlings or needed like a little molasses just at the end just to finish the plants off. 

Hence I think why now most would try the option of simply purchasing a soil that holds enough moisture, drains well and allows the roots to breath easily, and then using a good nutrient range to facilitate the rest, especially first timers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

If less amendments cost you more, but ultimately gain you more. I think you better off paying more and winning with less.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

If less amendments cost you more, but ultimately gain you more. I think you better off paying more and winning with less.

There are factors and one can debate plenty on this actually. 

Like this for example...

25 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Hence I think why now most would try the option of simply purchasing a soil that holds enough moisture, drains well and allows the roots to breath easily, and then using a good nutrient range to facilitate the rest, especially first timers

The soil lets the roots grow easy, but now you need nutrients and that cost and also know what you doing there too.

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well that's what its all about. 30l in a bag, 1 has way more than the other.

If you putting way more in a soil, it has the advantage of doing better by default. But where redundancy equals catastrophe, maybe that knowledge comes with a price, or are they designed that way... to chuck out after, need for nutritional supplementation, allows adequate buffering for best synergy (so even less than less) Noice margins, but big bags lol.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1