Uni-t ut383 Lux Meter (wanted)

MrE

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

The same unit you're looking for?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yep, that particular product, same sensor in the Bluetooth version and the separated sensor version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrE said:

More accurate PAR readings

But this doesn't measure par? 🤔 I am confused.

Edit: Oh I missed this part:

He calibrated it to an SQ500

How would you go about doing the same calibration? Can one just map the setting to the device? 

Edited by Ill_Evan

10 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

But this doesn't measure par? 🤔 I am confused.

Edit: Oh I missed this part:

How would you go about doing the same calibration? Can one just map the setting to the device? 

And

As long as your light is in the 3500K - 3000K arena, your readings are going to be pretty accurate.

People with iPhones can use the Photone app.

For Android phones with actual lux sensors and not newer ones that now use the front camera as a light sensor, the apps PPFD Meter and Tent Buddy can be used with decent accuracy if you go to a lot of effort to get average readings.

Edited by MrE
  • Thanks 1

If it's the same sensor and gives consistent readings, then at X lux it would be a specific ppfd value. Start low and go up and it will give you some indication at least.

Better than no idea and just winging it although a quantum sensor would still be best and most accurate.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pants said:

Watched a MIGRO video last night where he compares smartphone apps to his quantum sensor and Photone on the iPhone was incredible accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would work well with iPhone as they're all the same. So same sensors would be used and it can be calibrated.

With Android, different story as flavours and choice are a thing in the Android world.

Chances of all of Samsung's phones using the same sensors is a bit unlikely and then even more unlikely that different brands would use the same sensors. ie Xiaomi, HTC, LG, Samsung, Hauwei etc. all using the same sensors on all of their phones.

So calibration then needs to happen per model and it is not unheard of for the same model of phone (Let's use a Samsung Galaxy S21 as an example) to have the same sensor throughout production. In the past certain changes have happened on smaller components due to stock and availability but in the bigger scheme this does not really matter or affect the end user much but in the case of trying to use your phone to work out the PPFD from your light - different story.

• Like 2

I checked 3 LUX apps with different light configuarations and different diodes. Over 500 micromol PAR the readings were up to 20% off. 

If you are in CT, can check to come by and we measure your app with your own lights and a sq500... those numbers make more sense to trust.

ts3000 and a 600 watt bar lamp had very different readings for flower distance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1