Spots on my indoor plant

Keegan

A whole bunch of different things every second day including magnesium and calcium, I foliar feed them once a week with seagro. I can send the exact mixture of fertilizers later when  I get home, none of my other plants are showing any of these signs, but it might be because they are clones and this is from seed.

• Like 1

I am assuming it's an organic grow?

you got a ppm pen?

as you said you been giving lots, cal & mag

test run off first, see if it's not toxification? 

if low ppm you can feed, if high ppm just flush.

another might be ph out of range so plant isn't uptaking what it should or too much of something it doesn't actually want. 

don't just do anything cz you worried and feel like you need to do something, first point out the problem

don't believe when people say you can go all willy nilly with the organic stuff, LESS IS MORE. that is something I don't hear enough. and ph CAN be a problem. 

everyone asked me why I was phing my water in organic grow so I felt stupid, then I stopped and my plants fucked out, got me running round like a headless chicken. lost a whole grow. almost fucked another grow right in the ass. till I checked my runoff....

ph was waaaaayyy out sitting at 8.something and my ppm sitting way up in outer space, glad my plants didn't catch fire. 

because of tooo much nutes and plain tap water.

🤦‍♂️

oh the A,B,MKP ferts?

yeah, same situation, if you where in organic it would just be less of a worry actually. 

so you in coco perlite mix? growing with synthetics should rather not be done in soil, so this leads to a "hydroponic" situation

you could check runoff ph just to be sure it's in range. check reading before giving aswell. 

now you have to go on memory. did you give a lot of nutes over the past week or two? and by a lot I mean anything more than a recommended dose? if you're in soil chances are there's already a bunch of nutes available to the plant and the nutes you gave pushed it over the limit. if you're in coco and you gave a bunch of stuff it is possible to have a build up on the roots.

do you alternate between feed and clean water, this is also a rule of thumb when growing in a medium along with synthetic plant food. to prevent nute build up. 

if you in coco, was the coco washed and buffered? could result in huge problems using unwashed and unbuffered coco. 

if washed and buffered and you can remember you been giving only recommended doses and she's doing that, then I'll concider deficiencies. 

often times we feel like we do too little then we love the plants to death by giving and doing too much. 

also, a ppm pen can be real cheap and take a lot of guessing out of the game. 

Dunno hey... that kinda looks like overwatering to me... or even nute burn

edit: after a second look I'd say either calcium def or overwatering. There may be mite damage but the most visible issues there are not caused by mites

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/18/2021 at 9:14 AM, Keegan said:

A whole bunch of different things every second day including magnesium and calcium, I foliar feed them once a week with seagro. I can send the exact mixture of fertilizers later when  I get home, none of my other plants are showing any of these signs, but it might be because they are clones and this is from seed.

i would stop spraying the plants with anything at this point - stop with the seagrow foliar

only spray foliar feeds if you believe you have a deficiency and you need to quickly correct it. if no deficiency, dont spray your plants.

the only thing i would spray on my plants out of joy and not necessity, is humic or fulvic acids, kelpak...nothing with a NPK ratio

and yea, hit us with everything youre giving your ladies.

22 hours ago, Keegan said:

Its not a organic grow at all I'm using a range of fertilizers in the ratio that the shop I got my tent recommended, my pH when I feed is between 5.6 and 6.1 I don't have a ppm pen though

thats a good PH area to sit in. Shops dont really have the best advice about nutrient applications for cannabis, most direct you to use the product as directed on the bottle, which in most cases, would be the end of your plants career... a ppm pen will help you get to the correct feed value much easier. and you will be shocked at how high the standard dose of the ferts you are Appling actually are - see if you can get one sooner rather than later...its a vital part of a synthetic grow.

17 hours ago, Keegan said:

I spoke to someone now who looked at it and said it was a type of mite, and told me what to apply

did they see the plant physically or also just pics? if it was these pics exactly, then i hope you havent bought the product he was selling you because you dont have a bug issue as per those pictures... although, what did they recommend you get? maybe it will be usefull for when you actually have a bug issue one day.

16 hours ago, Keegan said:

Oh I do feed then then the next day I give them clean water with a pH of 5.9 I only give the recommended dose of each nite 

@Naughty.Psychonaut noticed this first...but you water every day? that is a bit excessive lol do you water till run off? how big are your pots? 

16 hours ago, 420SA said:

Dunno hey... that kinda looks like overwatering to me... or even nute burn

edit: after a second look I'd say either calcium def or overwatering. There may be mite damage but the most visible issues there are not caused by mites

Yeah.. but if he feeds what he says.. he shouldn't have a calcium issue at all... so by taking his information. I would exclude that.

I agree with @CreX, stop the foliar feed till you have your plants back to normal. Doing additional stuff when you chase a issue, just makes it harder to guess what it can be. 

The leaves look extremely 'heavy'.. what points to overwatering.. and over feeding and moisture brings out fungus, my idea to those spots right now.

The burned sides of the "teeth" point a bit to Nitrogen toxicity... very hard to diagnose when you don't have one of those leaves in your hand to feel it. 

Let the plants dry up and feed water for a week.. see if your symptoms disappear or get more distinguished. Right now.. I say to much of N and keep the plants way to wet. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Prom said:

The burned sides of the "teeth" point a bit to Nitrogen toxicity... very hard to diagnose when you don't have one of those leaves in your hand to feel it. 

That was my first thought but Ca def displays similar. Could be many issues working hand in hand here. Bottom line is the plant has been getting too much attention and just needs to be left alone now for a while.

@Keegan would you be able to give us a pic of the entire plant?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 420SA said:

That was my first thought but Ca def displays similar. Could be many issues working hand in hand here. Bottom line is the plant has been getting too much attention and just needs to be left alone now for a while.

@Keegan would you be able to give us a pic of the entire plant?

Very much agree with you on the signs.. but ^^ if you feed every second day Cal and Mag.. is excluded with his Ph range. First look at the pic, my head went: Stop that pyrol crap 😂 but he didn't used any.

And I agree to the break the plant needs.. very difficult to figure out what is going on with all that gets done on the plant. Let the soil get proper dry and no feeding. If dry, water only. She will not show any signs on new growth or it will intensify.. but at least you can diagnose way easier.

During Germ and Veg you need to stick to your dry cycle, folks.. this is very important for the plants health and grow speed, roots grow faster and more healthy that way. Once they flower, you can keep em a little more wet... but that also means in reasonable areas. Swamps will always cause your plants to stall. Let the pot dry up in regular intervals!!!! And except the tent has a nasty heat problem or way to small pot used.. it takes about 2 days or even longer to feed again as the pot is dry enough to do so.  

1 minute ago, Prom said:

Very much agree with you on the signs.. but ^^ if you feed every second day Cal and Mag.. is excluded with his Ph range. First look at the pic, my head went: Stop that pyrol crap 😂 but he didn't used any.

I didn't see him mention that so ya definitely not Ca def then. To throw another spanner in the works, someone suggested he spray for mites... which could lead to more burn and even more confusion. So @Keegan I would really hold back on the pesticide spray for now until you've addressed the current issue, which definitely isn't caused by mites

• Agree 3

Hey guys I'll take another photo of her later, I have moved her outside because my tent has gotten too crowded, I think though it was too much water. I only give all my plants 5 liters between 8 plants so there's never really any run off. My clones are looking super healthy. I'll send pictures when I get home later. Thanks all for the help.