Myns

MYNS

Two seeds germinated, one Giraffe looking for light, a bit faster than the other one but believe they would be fine. Seeds planted on 18/05/21 and first one germinated 20/05 and second one on 21/05.

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

• Like 9

19 hours ago, MYNS said:

Two seeds germinated, one Giraffe looking for light, a bit faster than the other one but believe they would be fine. Seeds planted on 18/05/21 and first one germinated 20/05 and second one on 21/05.

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

Nice one bud... Glad you still here.. 👌👍🌱

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi everyone just a quick update: My last seed also popped last Sunday but it seems to me she is struggling, hope she will be ok, other one also a slow grower but the Giraffe is doing fine and already planted in her permanent home yesterday, just added some support for the fragile stem and a small "greenhouse" till she is strong. The soil has been flushed with water a week ago and is still moisty, no nutrients or water up to date but believe she will need some water in the next day or two. Happy growing !!

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

• Like 5

Hi all

Lost two of my girls but the Giraffe is still fine, has a bit of a yellowish color but I experienced some humidity problems. Think too low humidity(under 50%)and too high temp 28+ but not giving up, everyday learning something. SkunkPharm & PsyClown I grow in Cocos Substrate from Holland, will post a picture next time.

IMG_2469.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Howzit man. Sorry about your loss. By the looks of things it seems that your medium is left to become a bit too dry. Correct me if i'm wrong. Feel the pot. Lift the pot. Be the pot. I would feed a very light nutrient solution to brighten her up a bit. She seems hungry. Sterkte bruv!

• Like 3

I would say high VPD, causing over transpiration, which in turn takes up to much calcium as calcium is an immobile element and increases throw transpiration. Calcium overdose gives lockout of potassium, magnesium, manganese, and iron.

Iron and magnesium lockout stop chlorophyll production and that why the yellow/pale leaves. By feeding more would not fix the problem and would make it worse 

Looking at the coco mix(on the bag) there should be more than enough nutrition not to cause deficiency, would rather focus on getting that VPD fixed 

Well that's my 2 cents 😬😁 hope it helps  

It says on the bag that you need to feed with your watering. Mix up some seeding strength ferts because you'll starve her with just plain water.

Yes definitely agree to feed with the first watering (light feeding) . From previous experience the coco is highly buffered with calcium, and a deficiency at that size would be unlikely in a 11-27-8 NPK mix , Testing the run off would be the safest option to know where the soil ppm sits at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 420SA pinned this topic

Hi, sorry I'm a bit late, just a short update:

After the first feed my lady(my only one) looks much better and healthy, thanks everyone for your advice, see people in this competition are very supportive.

IMG_2496.JPG

• Like 12

• 420SA unpinned this topic

Hi

My lady looks healthy, not fed her again this week, my grow bag is still heavy and moisty. I've kept my temp between 22.5 and 26.5 and the humidity between 50 and 80% and the light cycle 20 on and 4 off, the 4 hours off is between 10h00 and 14h00.

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

• Like 9

Hi everyone

My update for the last week: Topping done on 16/6, ON 18/6 I found her the morning with drooping/hanging leaves, fed her later that day at 400ppm and she looked much better on 20/6. Bend the main stem 20/6 and she is already up/ straight this morning 22/6 but a bit light in color ?? . Good luck for the week!!

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

IMG_2574.JPG

• Like 7

• 420SA pinned this topic
  • 420SA unpinned this topic