mantis

mantis

Gas burners are used very often.. other source is dry ice. But the big bottle tanks are in general the way to go.. if you run a CO2 setup.. you also care about how easy you swap your tanks. Do a calculation of your sugar consumption. I got to the point where I decided to leave CO2 totally out for home growing, to much hassle over all. As soon as you use CO2, you need to increase your light.. what makes more heat.. needs more AC.. commercial yes.. but just not worth the effort for the usual home grower. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I am using a CO2 setup. 100kg bottle has lasted 4 months already and it’s still got half left I think. The Suremix (food grade) CO2 cost R1000.00 CO2 in my grow room is easily adjustable. At the moment around 800ppm. Grow room is sealed off. The monthly rental for the bottle is expensive, around R300/month! I want to buy my own bottle sometime.
I mainly use it to ensure sufficient ambient co2 is available, as Prom said it’s another mission to maximise its potential. I’m not there yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Recovery after a top shouldn't be too long, +-2-5days

I have topped the one so its going to be interesting to see the difference in growth rate

Must say im really learning a lot from everyone and all the different styles of growing

• Like 3

Internodal spacing looks like its going to be compact! Looking Healthy ! 

Yip its a bit close for my liking , I think its due to the 300w of light that being pumping in to control the temps in the tent , would prefer a bit more stretch to them

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mantis said:

Yip its a bit close for my liking , I think its due to the 300w of light that being pumping in to control the temps in the tent , would prefer a bit more stretch to them

looking good man! i think you may be the leader of the competition at the moment with your lovely ladies!

if you want them to stretch a bit, give them a tad less light.... either dim down to 200w (still a shit ton if you ask me) or raise the light 30cm

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CreX said:

looking good man! i think you may be the leader of the competition at the moment with your lovely ladies!

if you want them to stretch a bit, give them a tad less light.... either dim down to 200w (still a shit ton if you ask me) or raise the light 30cm

Thanks, man really appreciate the kind words, Still a long grow ahead 😬😁
The lights are dimmable from 23W to 586W so going down to 200w is definitely an option but for some reason, it makes a bit temp difference in the tent about 5-8 degrees C and unfortunately the lights is at the highest it can go (small tent 1700h x1200l x620w) 
Do you think I must maybe sacrifice some temp just for 3-5 days to get them to stretch a bit? I'm at 27C now so would probably drop to 19-21C

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mantis said:

Thanks, man really appreciate the kind words, Still a long grow ahead 😬😁
The lights are dimmable from 23W to 586W so going down to 200w is definitely an option but for some reason, it makes a bit temp difference in the tent about 5-8 degrees C and unfortunately the lights is at the highest it can go (small tent 1700h x1200l x620w) 
Do you think I must maybe sacrifice some temp just for 3-5 days to get them to stretch a bit? I'm at 27C now so would probably drop to 19-21C

Definitely... My tent stays open... Plants are getting 120w of light and my Temps are between 15-22 degrees. Go see what mine look like, link in my signature. 

I don't think they doing too bad with the lower temps✌️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CreX said:

Definitely... My tent stays open... Plants are getting 120w of light and my Temps are between 15-22 degrees. Go see what mine look like, link in my signature. 

I see you have good node spacing, Nice 💪👌 
will definitely consider lowering the watts a bit as the tight nodes can give me a problem in the future 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, CreX said:

The node spacing looks better this week I turned the watts way down for 2 day now they are ready for LST  

448020496_WhatsAppImage2021-06-14at20_02.45(1).thumb.jpeg.cb7cee457578066ba89af158d05bd576.jpeg1866598143_WhatsAppImage2021-06-14at20_02.48(1).thumb.jpeg.2058b79529950b7472dc015710ea91bc.jpeg

• Like 10