goodmorning family people

was gifted these pots quite a while ago, 90L and a 60L. got another 40L but that one got a small Avo tree in it. right now the big one is filled with used FF premium classic. 

I am looking to reamend it now, have the winter rain down some love and I'll be flipping it weekly till October before planting in it for the upcoming outdoor season.

I would like to hear from you seasoned growers with experience in outdoor potted organic growing, what I should be amending it with? just the same ingredients FF list, or something special?

I have the means to brew teas aswell.

Keeping in mind, to buy 90L ff premium classic fresh is gona be R540. so we need to keep it under that price. 

I have a few ingredients laying around, but lets assume I have nothing. 

goodmorning family people
was gifted these pots quite a while ago, 90L and a 60L. got another 40L but that one got a small Avo tree in it. right now the big one is filled with used FF premium classic. 
I am looking to reamend it now, have the winter rain down some love and I'll be flipping it weekly till October before planting in it for the upcoming outdoor season.
I would like to hear from you seasoned growers with experience in outdoor potted organic growing, what I should be amending it with? just the same ingredients FF list, or something special?
I have the means to brew teas aswell.
Keeping in mind, to buy 90L ff premium classic fresh is gona be R540. so we need to keep it under that price. 
I have a few ingredients laying around, but lets assume I have nothing. 
A product that works great for reammending is that Elemental Blend from Dirty hands , Jamie garden shop.

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GGG said:

A product that works great for reammending is that Elemental Blend from Dirty hands , Jamie garden shop.

I'm in cpt, jamie is up in jozi right?

I've seen some elemental blends around the grow shops, thanks man! will give it a looksee. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

I'm in cpt, jamie is up in jozi right?

I've seen some elemental blends around the grow shops, thanks man! will give it a looksee. 

I agree the elemental blend is great!

I used a bag for my 100lt pot and she bounced back great. 

Jamie is in Cape Town, but there's a few stores that sell the Elemental Blend. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, GGG said:

Yea go with with the Elemental blend. It has everything you going to need at 1lt for every 10lt of medium 

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 1

Thanks for making this thread @Naughty.Psychonaut.

I was wondering the same as I want to reuse this year's soil. Bags are getting too expensive and I accumulated more than 300 liter. As far as I can remember the elemental blend costs around 420 Rand. 

I think one can either top dress or mix it in (of course before the grow starts). I think of mixing it in, but the question is how long before planting takes place should I do that? Like I.e should I do that now or only in October just before I plant? 

I hope you don't mind me asking in your thread fellow psychonaut, but I figured it's related to your question. 

Edit: yeah, his shop is in CBD Somerset West 

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I was wondering the same as I want to reuse this year's soil. Bags are getting too expensive and I accumulated more than 300 liter. As far as I can remember the elemental blend costs around 420 Rand. 

I think one can either top dress or mix it in (of course before the grow starts). I think of mixing it in, but the question is how long before planting takes place should I do that? Like I.e should I do that now or only in October just before I plant? 

I hope you don't mind me asking in your thread fellow psychonaut, but I figured it's related to your question. 

I wait atleast a month before planting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried both ways to mix it and both were great
1. Old soil he recommends 10-30ml per litre so I just went 50ml and added a cup of worm castings per 25L pot .
2 I used a thind of each , Coco/perlite/spagnum peat moss and as recommended 1L per litre , didn't add castings because I wanted to see if it worked . Only problem I had that the medium was very light and dried out quicker than reused , so watered everyday but just less, roots loved that lightness. I think it works out to R80 a bag then.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fridge said:

don't mind at all brother, 

I actually need to know that too, although I believe sooner is better so you can get the soil back to life. I would imagine it's got a bunch of microbes and bacteria in it, as soon as you introduce the blend to the used soil you're giving it life again.

I think of inoculating microbes aswell that'll assist in breaking down the elements and by the time you're planting you should have nutrients already available to your plant. 

I will also be making some sugar/starch teas to keep the microbes alive. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Yeah his shop is in Somerset West, but the Elemental blend cost about R180 for 10l bag which treats a 100lt of soil. I got mine at a different grow store as I'm not near to his store.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GGG said:

1. Old soil he recommends 10-30ml per litre so I just went 50ml and added a cup of worm castings per 25L pot .

would a 25L pot at 10-30ml / L not be more around 250 to 750ml? 

or did you only do 50ml because of the worm castings?

I see I can get 10L for R175 at the hydroshop. 

perfect

• Like 2

would a 25L pot at 10-30ml / L not be more around 250 to 750ml? 
or did you only do 50ml because of the worm castings?
I see I can get 10L for R175 at the hydroshop. 
perfect
Jip you correct , see I fast typed to fast .

• Like 1

90% of the time I use FF Super Soil that he makes on request for me , after one grow in that I amend with the Elemental Blend at 50ml/L (just to be safe) then it's good to go.

• Like 1