Batista(not competing)

Batista

Looking good man! 
Where did you get your brick from? 
Futurama. So I tested the runoff ec this morning and came out to just over 0.4. So you think I should dose again, alot of tiny particles came out in the bottom through the fabric pot. I think it's ready for use now.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 2:05 PM, Batista said:

Futurama. So I tested the runoff ec this morning and came out to just over 0.4. So you think I should dose again, alot of tiny particles came out in the bottom through the fabric pot. I think it's ready for use now.

Yea if you rinsed it proper and added calmag, you should be good. 

• Like 1

Hi gents , I will update with a picture when the lights go on tonight. I did not make the soft switch deadline as I would like more vegetative growth and training before I flip.
Thanks!

Hope this pic of my current Totemics Bubba Kush dwc 400hps flower will show you where I'm heading with the tortoni c73b38a0740cdb20d27e9d0ffb90d953.jpg

• Like 2

iv found stepping back and zooming in works okay as well, and putting my hand above the camera like a peak cap, like im in the sun and the sun is hitting the camera and making shit, so i shield the sun...seems to also work a bit for the electro lines.

but if you can afford an iphone you can use the long exposure settings😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a concerted effort that took a couple of years. Figured if I have to code for apple, employers need to provide tools.

Score!!

Back to our regular scheduled programming. Sorry for the derail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 420SA pinned this topic

Hi Gents.

Still chugging along in veg, I removed alot of growth tips in an an effort to try get the stems longer. This has worked to an extent as I have 8 main colas now, with 2 two in front being the ones that need to catchup to the rest.

She gets fed twice a week, 0.7ec 6.4 Ph. Very green, the leaves are like leather,

There are roots shooting out the bottom of the pot and I wasn't planning to repot, but think I should because my flower tent is only going to be available in a months time? I have a 40l fabric pot ready to go, she is in a 15 atm. 2327a9cf8e6d7078bfbe470aa0e48827.jpgd85f6426b515a4b1236d9adb8a08d7fb.jpg

• Like 10

• 420SA unpinned this topic

So just a peek at what is flowering right now, I posted a pic of her earlier in the thread.

This plant is from a clone of a seed, Bubba Kush, that Totemic gifted me a while back. I was impressed with her the first time around so decided to clone and give her a chance in a dwc.
Hortimix nutes and an oldschool 400hps,my last hps grow ever

I moved her into the tent 4weeks ago after she started showing signs of flowering. I estimate she is in week 6 of flowering, what do you guys think? She consumes 2 litres a day, need to top up daily 1d6f6d3402163705d2dac1e3172b40bd.jpg045f673774f8416066349ce783f0069e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Fire! 1

Hey peeps, Its going to be a while since flowering my tortoni, so I think im going to pull out from the official comp.I will continue to post updates though!There are some sure fire winners here that deserve the prizes and  I have learnt alot and will be better prepared for the next competition!

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Finally harvested this Bubba
7f5387f1723d7c592e0a9cb996140692.jpg

d349decf1445e788e9a85aa2f2c611c6.jpg
Banana for scale
9f0a9761d64fbca94ba0212f56cf70a1.jpg
Bud drying in veg tent
b8390875bb2bc8f2b50321f16c35fd3d.jpg
Moms and tortonis(I revived my 2 tortonis that made their exit previously in my grow )
9fbf08322c591780c51bba23c1bc44dc.jpg

Moved to larger tent for veg and new 265 w 301b qb installed with wifi switch. They are really loving this light and I got the dimmer switch at only 50% on the slider.

7e7ebbaf0922113ead617ae836dd7fd7.jpg
So I'm waiting on the bud to dry, then going to shift some plants and probably try flower my 2 tortonis and one of the following in that tent(below plants are 2 months old from mail order clones)
-frosted apricots
-critical mass cheese
-crescendo
-Slurricane ix
-banana mac
d5d8d86264095ab97f6aa6cfab2b5f25.jpg

The plan now is to automate my watering and drainage because I'm tired of manual draining and . I plan on a rdwc system but will probably end up with a dwc if I know myself haha

• Like 5

I dont know why but the pic quality is so bad in those last 2 - what is the maximum image size allowed using tap and any tips for me to improve it? I'm compressing them down into 2mb filesize using some android app called Lit photo

• 3 weeks later...

Some details I should probably include

Ec is 1.3, Im following week 6 in the hortimix excel sheet, and the Tortoni gets 6l, the moms get 3l each and I also alternate between Ph 5.8 and 6.2 every other watering.

Watering is a chore because I have to remove each plant and water until they drain out, then put them back

I use 1.2x1.2 trays and if I have run off, I just drop a few sponges in the tray and remove after a few minutes. No need to raise the tray to drain and picking up the sponges isn't really hard work ^^ If you put a slight angle on the tray, one sponge per corner will do the trick. Just angle to where you can easy access.

sponge.thumb.jpg.f75b8a4d33a1e2e0af916126022f6132.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Prom said:

I use 1.2x1.2 trays and if I have run off, I just drop a few sponges in the tray and remove after a few minutes. No need to raise the tray to drain and picking up the sponges isn't really hard work ^^ If you put a slight angle on the tray, one sponge per corner will do the trick. Just angle to where you can easy access.

That's a cool hack, nice one!

• Thanks 1