Can we chat alchemy or at least the mixing of various nutrients

burrrito

Good evening fellow greens

Firstly if a decent post regarding this topic already exists, apologies I will delete this one

Right, down to my question or for discussion and information's sake a topic that can help quite a few peeps who like me are kind of new to this.... (We are the covid growers šŸ˜› )

The mixing of various feeds and nutrients into one watering

My mind tells me that surely not everything can be mixed together? At some point one would cause a chemicalĀ reaction that would not be beneficial to the plant. I would imagine this would differ vastly between organic/non-organic and possibly mixing the two also

What got me thinking regarding this topic was my recently nutrient change

I was using Ecobuzz MultigroĀ almost exclusively and then my wife bought me some Biobizz šŸ˜›Ā (what a legend)

Now IĀ have a schedule I need to follow, right, okay but what about the rest of the goodies... Kelpak? Calmag? Silica?Ā 

How do I factor all of the above in, and what other mixes do you personally know that work well

So far I have done
1)Ā Biobizz ((grow/bloom/topmax)GBT) + Kelpak
2) Biobizz (GBT) + Calmag
(always checking and correcting PH)

but not the entire mix together as I would think the water would get 'Heavy'?
And where can I fit my Silica into the mix?

This is not even looking at my blackstrap molasses

How do you as a grower mix and match and based on the above what recommendation would you giveĀ 

• Like 1

Hi Burrito , what medium are you using to grow in that you want to feed . In general you can only use the Boibizz bites , we have some experts on that Nutrient brand and I'm sure they will give advise soon.
What are you growing , show us what you got

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We grow organic and useĀ Seagrow molasses Ecobuzz and Biobizz bloom,

grow, fishmix.

The npk ratios on Ecobuzz multigrow lean towards theĀ bloom side.

Only ph our rain water, due to the amended organic soil that does the buffering.Ā 

Dont like mixing organic and synthetics.

Stuff like calmag and epsom will precipitate out if mixed.

Keep it simple.Ā 

I try to keep my grow and bloom scheduled feedings seperate from say deficiency corrections and wouldn't do them on the same day.Ā 

SST and AACT's are fed seperately from scheduled feeds, normally 2 to 3 days apart.

In veg use your 'grow' nutes as per recomended dosage.(1-4ml/lt) You could add some molasses or a maintenance dose of calmagĀ to that if youĀ want.

You couldĀ mix grow and bloom together, but don't exceed the max dosage of both.

2ml bloom+2ml grow=4ml. If you then add 5ml Ecobuzz and 20ml Seagrow and calmag on top of that you're starting to look for trouble.

Just my opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, GGG said:

Hi Burrito , what medium are you using to grow in that you want to feed . In general you can only use the Boibizz bites , we have some experts on that Nutrient brand and I'm sure they will give advise soon.
What are you growing , show us what you got emoji3577.png

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk
Ā 

Hi - Pic of girls and sundew (for bugs) attached

2 xĀ Sweet Gelato Auto (sweet seeds)
1 x Big Devil XL Auto (sweet seeds)
1 x Zkittles Photo cross (who knows what it germinated with) A seeds from my previous Zkittles plantĀ 
1 x Either a banana blaze or blue dreamatic... I forgot to label the seed holder šŸ˜›

This is my second run, only started growing last year Septemberish

My Medium is - Freedom Farm Organic

Ā 

f81ef977-ded4-4906-9ceb-cd5761e270fb.jpg

23 minutes ago, Bos said:

We grow organic and useĀ Seagrow molasses Ecobuzz and Biobizz bloom,

grow, fishmix.

The npk ratios on Ecobuzz multigrow lean towards theĀ bloom side.

Only ph our rain water, due to the amended organic soil that does the buffering.Ā 

Dont like mixing organic and synthetics.

Stuff like calmag and epsom will precipitate out if mixed.

Keep it simple.Ā 

I try to keep my grow and bloom scheduled feedings seperate from say deficiency corrections and wouldn't do them on the same day.Ā 

SST and AACT's are fed seperately from scheduled feeds, normally 2 to 3 days apart.

In veg use your 'grow' nutes as per recomended dosage.(1-4ml/lt) You could add some molasses or a maintenance dose of calmagĀ to that if youĀ want.

You couldĀ mix grow and bloom together, but don't exceed the max dosage of both.

2ml bloom+2ml grow=4ml. If you then add 5ml Ecobuzz and 20ml Seagrow and calmag on top of that you're starting to look for trouble.

Just my opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I was struggling with Ecobuzz MultigroĀ and Nitrogen toxicity, hence my wife saw my frustration and hooked me up with Biobizz

What ratio of MultigroĀ are you using per 1l?

I really enjoy their products especially the protect during flowering and the rootpro is magicĀ 

In terms of water I am buying RO water at R1.10/Litre which is not breaking the bank for me with so few plants.

Looking at my current lineup where would you introduce silica or should that be fedĀ completely by itself?
Also biobizz recommends adding Calmag to water when using soft water, which I am using at the moment... Shall I continue or split the feedings of biobizz/calmag up

I havent even touched blackstrap molasses yet, but I believe that is moreĀ to revitalise the soil microorganisms ? So I am guessing this not often at all
Ā 

Multigrow I use at 1-3ml/lt with biobizz bloom. Never had N tox with them.

I think mixing biobizz and a maintenace 1g/lt dose of calmag should be ok.

Use molasses quite often during flower and late stages.

Not 100% sure about silica. I remember a discussion regarding silica swinging ph and needing correction. Never needed to use silica as the sand in our soil seems to do the trick.

I dont use RO water on my plants. Have nothing against RO, many people use it with great success.Ā Ā 

But,Ā every 'waterbar'Ā has their own filtration setup and remineralization process, you never know the actual quality and mineral content of the water unless its tested every time. Actually did test a couple a while back and the resultsĀ were shocking, the tap water was cleaner and more balanced..... Worst case I'd go with dechlorinated tap water.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bos said:

Multigrow I use at 1-3ml/lt with biobizz bloom. Never had N tox with them.

I think mixing biobizz and a maintenace 1g/lt dose of calmag should be ok.

Use molasses quite often during flower and late stages.

Not 100% sure about silica. I remember a discussion regarding silica swinging ph and needing correction. Never needed to use silica as the sand in our soil seems to do the trick.

I dont use RO water on my plants. Have nothing against RO, many people use it with great success.Ā Ā 

But,Ā every 'waterbar'Ā has their own filtration setup and remineralization process, you never know the actual quality and mineral content of the water unless its tested every time. Actually did test a couple a while back and the resultsĀ were shocking, the tap water was cleaner and more balanced..... Worst case I'd go with dechlorinated tap water.

Ā 

Yeah before this I was using JOJO tank rain water... but I had a huge issue with pests and other plant problems in my last grow and was worried the runoff from the roof and gutter may have cause some nasties to get in there pests and otherwise

'Before this I have never grown a single pea in my life'

So I can be rather paranoid when it comes to my plants šŸ˜›

So I made the switch to RO water as I felt without all the measuring tools it is probably the safest? (I do have a PH testing kit now, butĀ I never had in my last grow.. can you believe)

I wonder why I was having such issues with multigro, I started using it because a friend of mine had used it for years and I just assumed it does the job... Soon as I switched from startgro to multigro the leaves went dark and I got the claw.

Ā 

Cool, switching to RO is understandable in your situation.

Rainwater in Jojo's can pick up problems as with any 'stationary' water.

OurĀ rainwater Jojo gets circulated regularly for aeration and dosed with hydrogen peroxide or potassium permanganate to oxidise organics and to keep pathogens in check. After dosing and circulation, ph sits on 7.0-7.5.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bos said:

Cool, switching to RO is understandable in your situation.

Rainwater in Jojo's can pick up problems as with any 'stationary' water.

OurĀ rainwater Jojo gets circulated regularly for aeration and dosed with hydrogen peroxide or potassium permanganate to oxidise organics and to keep pathogens in check. After dosing and circulation, ph sits on 7.0-7.5.

Yeah so I have never treated the jojo...EISH

I am gonna need to get on that

Thank you for the tips/info

2 hours ago, StonerZN said:

Also remember homie, Biobizz Grow has molasses in it as well.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Ā 

Yeah I watched the video with the Biobizz oke talking about it.

But was not sure on all the deets and also wanted to see what others are up to

Ā 

For autos i use Biobizz Root Juice, for photos not really.

If you want to increase yield and potency, add Biobizz Bio Heaven to your feeding.

Seagro is the kindergarden version of Fish MixĀ šŸ¤ŖĀ careful with Fish Mix, potent.

and as already mentioned, Biobizz Grow = 75% Fish Mix + 25% molasses

Swap each day with Fish Mix and Grow... during flower, i only feed Grow

Top Max is just awesomeĀ šŸ˜Ž

there is no need to add calmag every time you feed. Check if your calmag is nitrate based. If yes, leave the fish mix or grow away when you feed it... once a month is more then fine. in general i only give epsom salt as a addon once a month... and react to calcium issues if they show... usually they dont, depending on the soil you use. I use FF premium classic, green bag.

No need to add anything else.. all in the biobizz range... and for the price, you should expect thatĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Plants looking nice... check that you do not over care and over feed.. rest, go onĀ šŸ‘Ā you doing it right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Prom said:

For autos i use Biobizz Root Juice, for photos not really.

If you want to increase yield and potency, add Biobizz Bio Heaven to your feeding.

Seagro is the kindergarden version of Fish MixĀ šŸ¤ŖĀ careful with Fish Mix, potent.

and as already mentioned, Biobizz Grow = 75% Fish Mix + 25% molasses

Swap each day with Fish Mix and Grow... during flower, i only feed Grow

Top Max is just awesomeĀ šŸ˜Ž

there is no need to add calmag every time you feed. Check if your calmag is nitrate based. If yes, leave the fish mix or grow away when you feed it... once a month is more then fine. in general i only give epsom salt as a addon once a month... and react to calcium issues if they show... usually they dont, depending on the soil you use. I use FF premium classic, green bag.

No need to add anything else.. all in the biobizz range... and for the price, you should expect thatĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Plants looking nice... check that you do not over care and over feed.. rest, go onĀ šŸ‘Ā you doing it right

Eish that Biobizz Heaven is on my wishlist, but two hobbies is getting a bit expensive neh šŸ˜„

I will take you advice on the fish mix for next time round, currently lacking from my lineup but most of plants are flowering or at least close to it and going by the schedule... I should be alright

Not sure what you mean about the Nitrates (still a nooby) can you link any info so I can do some reading?

So I was only feeding calmag when needed, but now is the first time I am following a schedule... So slightly thrown off my norm (Will look at the plants rather and see if they show any signs)

Yeah look, overcaring was a big mistake of mine also in the past, now I kind of keep my hands in my back pockets when I go look at them šŸ˜›

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, burrrito said:

Not sure what you mean about the Nitrates (still a nooby) can you link any info so I can do some reading?

Is in the product description.. hope I don't tell you BS now ^^ there are two versions.. if more.. I am not aware of it.

CalMag is made from the Nitrate version of Calcium and Magnesium. Always packs a punch of N, you have to take off your feeding list to compensate.

CalMag+ is made from Calcium carbonate and Magnesium carbonate and is 0/0/0 NPK

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Prom said:

Is in the product description.. hope I don't tell you BS now ^^ there are two versions.. if more.. I am not aware of it.

CalMag is made from the Nitrate version of Calcium and Magnesium. Always packs a punch of N, you have to take off your feeding list to compensate.

CalMag+ is made from Calcium carbonate and Magnesium carbonate and is 0/0/0 NPK

Had a look at the product I am using Feed4weed Calmag (dry little white pellets)

Sadly it does not have anything on the label regarding N or + and merely has dosagesĀ 

Not sure if you know the product or not

10 minutes ago, burrrito said:

Ā Feed4weed CalmagĀ 

Nope.. never heard of that brand.. there must be a content description.. or how would somebody know how much to feed?Ā šŸ˜

If there is really none.. go back to the store you bought it and ask what is in that bagĀ šŸ˜‚Ā 

1 minute ago, Prom said:

Nope.. never heard of that brand.. there must be a content description.. or how would somebody know how much to feed?Ā šŸ˜

If there is really none.. go back to the store you bought it and ask what is in that bagĀ šŸ˜‚Ā 

Yeah there is a dosage amount but purely a per/l for different mediums and that's about it

They are a local brand, so will give them a call on Monday

• Like 1

9 hours ago, burrrito said:

Had a look at the product I am using Feed4weed Calmag (dry little white pellets)
Ā 

that's the Nitrate version brobean,

but definitly doĀ go check to make sure. I'd be kicking my own ass if it wasn't.Ā 

I could add that most of the generic CalMag supplement brands use the Nitrate version as I believe it is cheaper to make.Ā 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

that's the Nitrate version brobean,

but definitly doĀ go check to make sure. I'd be kicking my own ass if it wasn't.Ā 

I could add that most of the generic CalMag supplement brands use the Nitrate version as I believe it is cheaper to make.Ā 

Shot

Which product do you recommend ?

11 hours ago, burrrito said:

Shot

Which product do you recommend ?

ah, well it's all up to you man,

are you meticulous when it comes to feeding time or are you more the kinda guy that dumps everything in a bucket moer some water and wana get it all done in 5min?

if you practice with care and feel like you'll be able to remember to give the calmag with clean water, or just compensating for it by going down to 25% of your currentĀ  Ā feed, then go with the cheaper one with the N.

if you just wana get it done and feed everything together, get the + version.Ā 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

ah, well it's all up to you man,

are you meticulous when it comes to feeding time or are you more the kinda guy that dumps everything in a bucket moer some water and wana get it all done in 5min?

if you practice with care and feel like you'll be able to remember to give the calmag with clean water, or just compensating for it by going down to 25% of your currentĀ  Ā feed, then go with the cheaper one with the N.

if you just wana get it done and feed everything together, get the + version.Ā 

Nah I am now quite strict since I had a few issues before and my over caring and over watering

using pipettes and scales to get precise measurements for each and every nutrient I add, but I enjoy efficiency also, so where I can mix together I would like to

Ā Also depends how much time I have on the day to water and nutrient every plant individually with what they need.

Ā