What light settings to use on my light? I think its LED 1000w and using an autoflowering seedling

jordz2203

Hi guys, I just got my first Autoflowering plant seedling, I got a fairly expensive grow light from a friend, I think it is around 1000w, it has 3 knobs for red, blue and white light, what settings should I put it on for each color? Right now its in Veg state Please tell me what you think I should put it on during veg and bud phase

• Like 1

What's good my dude, 

you gona have to tell us exactly what light it is and the specs listed with the light. 

maybe we can google it and help you? 

99,99% of the time the W listed with LED is not the true Wattage. 

however, to answer your question easiest for your given situation,

during veg your plant prefers white/blue (cool) spectrum and during flower more red/yellow (warm) spectrum.

• Agree 1

Welcome!

1000W with 3 knobs, sounds like a blurple light to me but I could be wrong. If it is a blurple light, chances are it is far from 1000W and is probably closer to 120W to 240W and not the most efficient LED light either.

Post some pics and then we can confirm and advise further from there.

Have your grown before or will this be your first grow? Autoflowers require things to be near perfect, if you stunt the plant your yields will be effected.

Photoperiods are a lot more forgiving as you can continue to veg them until they are large enough and then flip to flower and still get a decent yield 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Welcome!

1000W with 3 knobs, sounds like a blurple light to me but I could be wrong. If it is a blurple light, chances are it is far from 1000W and is probably closer to 120W to 240W and not the most efficient LED light either.

Post some pics and then we can confirm and advise further from there.

Have your grown before or will this be your first grow? Autoflowers require things to be near perfect, if you stunt the plant your yields will be effected.

Photoperiods are a lot more forgiving as you can continue to veg them until they are large enough and then flip to flower and still get a decent yield 🙂 

Hi, its my first indoor grow, I attempted an indoor nonfem nonauto grow last year and got the plants to just under 2m tall but couldnt get them to bud so I gave up, Ive successfully grown outdoor though several times. 

The light is a "Noah 6" it says 1000w and 1 website said 550w "true power"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

What's good my dude, 

you gona have to tell us exactly what light it is and the specs listed with the light. 

maybe we can google it and help you? 

99,99% of the time the W listed with LED is not the true Wattage. 

however, to answer your question easiest for your given situation,

during veg your plant prefers white/blue (cool) spectrum and during flower more red/yellow (warm) spectrum.

The light is a "Noah 6" it says 1000w and 1 website said 550w "true power"

I would run it blue for seedlings and the rest of the stages on full spectrum especially those type of burples. Those are one of the better burples and it will get the job done, they have the natural white to try and give a boarder spectrum compared to the original burples that only have veg and bloom switches (Blue & Red)  I dont know how efficient the light is but with burples you usually need to supplement cal-mag

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Marzcanna said:

I would run it blue for seedlings and the rest of the stages on full spectrum especially those type of burples. Those are one of the better burples and it will get the job done, they have the natural white to try and give a boarder spectrum compared to the original burples that only have veg and bloom switches (Blue & Red) and as a precaution I dont know how efficient the light is but with burples you usually do need to supplement cal-mag

What strength on each knob do you think?

• Like 1

Never used such a light... kinda cool 😅

So no background of any kind... would go veg 100% blue, 20% red, 100% white, pre flower 50% blue, 50% red, 100% white, flower 30% blue, 100% red and 100% white. 550 watt is a word... if you want to hang closer, might just reduce in relation. Did you got any instructions with the lamp?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jordz2203 said:

each knob controls a different circuit... it depends how much draw each colour draws... you would need a watt meter to determine how much each does.

i dont think its split evenly - the red and blue will likely draw similar amounts on full...and the larger cobs may draw something else.

if electricity is not a major concern, i would run everything on max and let the plant decide what is useful vs not

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CreX said:

each knob controls a different circuit... it depends how much draw each colour draws... you would need a watt meter to determine how much each does.

i dont think its split evenly - the red and blue will likely draw similar amounts on full...and the larger cobs may draw something else.

if electricity is not a major concern, i would run everything on max and let the plant decide what is useful vs not

Will max not kill the plant? The website claims 1000W?

• Like 2

i fear that this light isnt as powerful as you hope. so in saying that, as long as you dont drop the light on your plants, it should be fine.

rather vary the height of your light ... for germination, i would go about 1m above them and see if they stretch too much or not, and then lower the light a bit.

and in flower you could prolly get to about 30cm without issues

• Like 2

@jordz2203 Interesting light, not your average blurple. 

Is this the same light? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000056097180.html 

If so, I'd possibly run it as Sun mode without the COBs for seedling and early veg.

COB's produce light which is quite focused, so strong intense light in a narrow area - it is not spread out much.

So this could cause issues for the seedlings.

Does any of the knobs control the COBs - the 6 bigger lenses on the outside?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jordz2203 said:

without a par meter its hard to tell how much to push, honestly I go full power on everything even my LM301bs so if you mid veg I think you safe to go full and see how your plants react

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

@jordz2203 Interesting light, not your average blurple. 

Is this the same light? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000056097180.html 

If so, I'd possibly run it as Sun mode without the COBs for seedling and early veg.

COB's produce light which is quite focused, so strong intense light in a narrow area - it is not spread out much.

So this could cause issues for the seedlings.

Does any of the knobs control the COBs - the 6 bigger lenses on the outside?

Similar but not the same, mine has 1 switch not two and no app

15 hours ago, jordz2203 said:

Here are the different knobs, each photo is 1 knob turned to 100% and the other ones off

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-13 at 17.15.09 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-13 at 17.15.09.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-13 at 17.15.08.jpeg

For seedlings turn the first 2 knobs to 100% and leave the last one off (the COBs) and see how the plants do.

If you are able to see how much power the light draws from the wall when setup like this, that would help us guide you a bit better as well.

• Like 1