LST on Autoflowers

Hi guys, I know this is a stupid question, but haven't tried it yet, and all online info just tells me how to do it, but I want to know, does one, and if yes, when does one remove the anchor holding the stem down when doing LST on Autoflowers?  Or do you just leave it until harvest? I should be starting my next 3 grow diaries in a week or 2 and just wanna get some clarity on the LST. 

Easy answer. Some you leave, some you move, some you take away 😁

As soon as you reach flowering stage where you get substance on the bud, binding down is no longer needed. You might still prefer to move em to a side... but once they are tied for some time, they stick to that shape rather well. Training you get better with experience.

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

What Prom has said is correct.

After the pre-flowering / stretch phase the plant will stop creating more leaves and still start focusing on bud and further growth will stop, at this point you could remove them. However leaving them doesn't cause any harm either. For me it can get in the way of watering if I am doing it by hand, so I like to remove them if I am watering by hand. Automatic watering system, it doesn't make a difference.

Although depending on how the training is going, I have temporarily tied down plants, particularly the autos I grew recently and once I was happy with how the side branches had caught up and considering the plant was going into flower I removed the twist ties and let the plant grow normally again and it kept its shape and structure pretty well.

So it all depends on the situation and how the plant is responding to the training etc.

• Like 2