Rainbird watering system

Chris Jay

i have installed quite a few of these... they are very cool.

they are made for outside garden, but it should work pretty well inside too i guess.

you wire up solenoids to your irrigation system and then the rainbird waters for as long as you like, i think its adjustable, down to the minute

which, depending on water pressure, may be a bit too long.

but outdoors, its the bomb, this or the hunter system... very user friendly with multiple zones, each fully adjustable to what time they come on and how long they must come on for... 

you can also get a rain sensor so that the machine doesnt water while its raining, which, i am sure you could substitute for something indoors that measures moisture in the meduim and will only water if its not wet enough

• Like 1

i use a hunter system in the garden... have 2 free circuits but never ever thought into using it for my ladies.

I would ONLY use it, if it measures the moisture content of each pot and waters accordingly, not lifting those bastards for nothing each day 😂. Other option would be to have the pots on a electronic scale and feed accordingly. But before i would go such a way... i go hydro. 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Prom said:

i use a hunter system in the garden... have 2 free circuits but never ever thought into using it for my ladies.

I would ONLY use it, if it measures the moisture content of each pot and waters accordingly, not lifting those bastards for nothing each day 😂. Other option would be to have the pots on a electronic scale and feed accordingly. But before i would go such a way... i go hydro. 😁

im not entirely sure how the rain sensor works, but i know it senses either moisture or RH ... shouldnt be too far fetched to get it to trigger in a meduim... only problem is its only one sensor for the whole thing and not per zone LOL... 

• Like 1

Watering is no easy task... you see how often people overwater. Giving the task to a machine... ehhh will run.. but if you dont check each day anyhow, troubles will come up. So why not just let the pump run 24/7? Way easier to predict what will happen.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Prom said:

Watering is no easy task... you see how often people overwater. Giving the task to a machine... ehhh will run.. but if you dont check each day anyhow, troubles will come up. So why not just let the pump run 24/7? Way easier to predict what will happen.

no i agree man... if you wanna get machines involved, then you gotta go the full hog with hydro, and get pumps and chillers and seriously automate growing! still doesnt take the daily checking away

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not sure if it will suit you but I’ve used the Autopot system with the Air Dome successfully. Once running you can leave it for ages, depending on the res size. I’ve done 5 days on a 50l res.
It’s main drawback is that the res feeds all pots the same nute mix so if you have newer plants or some that veg later (I’m talking about auto’s now) then it becomes a bit of a hack.
Probably ideal for clones from the same mother.
I’ll get there eventually.
Here you can see my 9 pot auto pot system with water and air lines run. I’ve raised the pots on crates because my knees don’t bend so good anymore LOL.
47697cc57de604824dcc2136ae97355e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2