iGrowDagga

iGrowDagga

Replanted the twins today, dayum now check them roots my braaa, kan jy sien. 

Documenting it as all changes should be shown. Still need to get one more pot to replant the slow grower. 

Mixed Earth Worm Casting from a local farm in Richards-bay called Blue Apple Farm, 50kg for R150! 

*replanting done on my stoep as wiping away dirt is easier afterwards. 

(wait until Monday to see the Twins) 

IMG_20210530_134028~01.jpg

IMG_20210530_133855~01.jpg

IMG-20210530-WA0065~01.jpg

Edited by iGrowDagga
  • Like 7

On 5/29/2021 at 7:40 AM, iGrowDagga said:

Spray neem oil 3 times a week and your Mildew and gnats issue will dissappear after a few months of continuous spraying. 

Bro that's a lot...alot alot... Neem oil isn't cheap lol. 

Rather use Copper soap for wpm

Pyrol and Neem, for gnats would be a better more effective and cheaper approach than just Neem.

Sounds like your IPM arsenal needs some TLC 😋😜

Brand: BioGrow BioNeem. 

Cost: R250 (Lasts me a good 1-2 years) 

Size: 500ml

Suggested ratio: 0.5ml to 1liter.

My tent is White Fly, Thrips, Gnats and WPM free, I contribute this to my 3x a week BioNeem spraying. 

Don't see the need to upgrade my IPM arsenal if this one product can kill over 200 insects. 

Many people have suggested the Pyrol and Copper, haven't bought it yet as BioNeem has so far covered all my IPM needs for the past year. 

• Like 1

BioNeem does not harm insects.

It changes the composition of the plants enzymes, making the plant "taste bad" to insects. It's said that Neem increases your plants immune system and this helps the plant fend better for themself. 

the only "bad bugs" you get are the ones eating and breeding on your plants, so they'll be kept at bay, while other insects that are more predators of other insects and don't generally eat your plant are left unaffected.

though, I have had a plants brix % tested throughout it's life and the Neem did not increase the % at all, though I am a thorough believer that it works at keeping the bud guys at bay. it's a prominent part of my IPM too. 

there certainly is a "too much" of a good thing here, though. I have burnt my plants with Neem, might have been too strong dose, but yeah be carefull of changing the compostion of your plant that much that it will be unfavourable to yourself. 

another noteworthy thing, Neem doesn't work THAAAT great with mold and diseases, in that regard having copper soap on hand will defs help when shit hits the fan. 

Aswell as having Pyrol on hand, because when you get lasy and don't spot bugs or mold spots right away, you grab the Pyrol. It will work better on infestation or infections. and trust me, don't matter how ontop of your game you are, you gona get hit with infestations. we all do. 

• Agree 2

Thanks you sir @Naughty.Psychonautfor taking the time to type out what I was too lazy to do myself 😂

Folks this G is 100% correct, read what he says and read it again, valuable information. 

*my comment will be, mold should not really be an issue as ventilation should be hundreds, Pyrol is a rather hardcore element to introduce into a microbiological environment - neem is much kinder.

My point is, mold can be prevented by having adequate ventilation in and out your grow area - which would prevent the need for something as hectic as Pyrol. 

• Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the twins, the stunners the growing goddesses themselves! 

Will be naming them after work when each has their own pot. 

25liter Pots from Afribloom, Richards-bay's best Agricultural Shop. 

Soil: Aqua Terra from GHE mixed with Earth Worm Castings. 

(yes, I previously said I'm not adding EWC and look at me now🌚

IMG_20210531_051503~01.jpg

IMG_20210531_051519~01.jpg

IMG_20210531_051527~01.jpg

IMG_20210531_051544~01.jpg

IMG_20210531_053355~01.jpg

Edited by iGrowDagga
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

Thanks you sir @Naughty.Psychonautfor taking the time to type out what I was too lazy to do myself 😂

Folks this G is 100% correct, read what he says and read it again, valuable information. 

*my comment will be, mold should not really be an issue as ventilation should be hundreds, Pyrol is a rather hardcore element to introduce into a microbiological environment - neem is much kinder.

My point is, mold can be prevented by having adequate ventilation in and out your grow area - which would prevent the need for something as hectic as Pyrol. 

Our advice is more for when you run into trouble which ... you will 😄 once you get thrips you will gush for all the tips on offer.

i do not like spraying my plants, but i am prepared for anything mother nature can throw at me none the less

so i like to rather be prepared than panicked and broke... i cant tell you the amount of times i thought everything is golden...and then shit hits the fan and i dont have anything to fix it nore the money to get the stuff to fix it.

the other thing is... i do not spray my flowering plants at all... i make sure my IPM is on point in veg so that i have clean flowers going into my flower tent. my flower tent and Veg tent are less than 50cm apart... if i treated my plants with neem only... the bugs would just feast on my flowers instead, so i need something a bit more potent than bad tasting neem

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, CreX said:

😄1. once you get thrips you will gush for all the tips on offer.

2. the other thing is... i do not spray my flowering plants at all... i make sure my IPM is on point in veg so that i have clean flowers going into my flower tent. my flower tent and Veg tent are less than 50cm apart... if i treated my plants with neem only... the bugs would just feast on my flowers instead, so i need something a bit more potent than bad tasting neem

1. Thrips attacked me in the first grow off, so I've had good 2 years to learn how to fight and prevent them. 

Your advice is appreciated however bud. We do disagree on foliar spray intervals and thus I think we should agree to disagree on our IPM methods. I'm in KZN, possibly my environment is different to yours and so we grow different. 

2. We are not in the flowering stage yet, when we reach there we can discuss methods.(I don't spray flowering plants at all myself, but you're too far ahead that'll be shown in +-5weeks time.) 

• Like 1

Slight adjustments made thus the early update. 

I've tucked some of the top big leaves underneath the bottom leaves, this way the plant doesn't lose any solar panels and still has the ability to get light on the shady areas. 

Started doing the tuck as plucking a girl naked just doesn't resonate with me. I like my branches full of solar panels, I'll move and tuck em as need be. 

*check my humidity ranges, gotta love Richards-bay! 

IMG_20210602_052934~01.jpg

IMG_20210602_053027~01.jpg

IMG_20210602_052926~01.jpg

Edited by iGrowDagga
  • Like 7

Hoping they stretch just a little bit. 

Will soon be switching on the actual light for this tent, just tested the Retrofitted Mars Hydro out here in seedling stage. 

The main light is a good 1.2meter above the plants and puts out 275watt, it's 3x Vero29's. 

(also has a blue bar from HLG. Adds some blue spectrum which apparently helps with veg.) 

• Like 1

Didn't document the runt being transplanted as she's not gonna be receiving too much spotlight. - Skieming to spray het with a dunkload of Epsom what your reckon? 

Purple Aunt is going very short & busy, not sure if I approve or not. 

Green Aunty is going luscious, but also a bit stocky. 

Will be setting up the actual light this weekend, it'll bring the stretch I'm looking for. 

IMG_20210608_045602.jpg

IMG_20210608_045618.jpg

IMG_20210608_045634~01.jpg

• Like 13

🥵🥵🥵

Kicking out the runt can't deal looking at it anymore, I've thrown her into my mothering tent so she can continue growing, just out of sight. 

*This grow off is v well structured and fair compared to other jut ones I've seen being launched around. 

420SA shall stay the only cannabis cup worth competing in in my books! 

@TotemicThere's a lekker difference in the plants now vs round 1, really keen to flip these lady's!

IMG_20210611_051741.jpg

IMG_20210611_051817.jpg

IMG_20210611_052122.jpg

• Like 9

Ah man seems my driver reached end of it's life, now I can't flower with my 3x vero setup which is v concerning. 

Will need to borrow one from a friend but they are not friendly when comes to loaning drivers! 

Ended up connecting the blue and red spectrum with a small driver I have here.... 

Will see how plants react to the new spectrum, if they smaak I leave it. 

IMG_20210612_160714_784.jpg

• Like 1

Ah man seems my driver reached end of it's life, now I can't flower with my 3x vero setup which is v concerning. 
Will need to borrow one from a friend but they are not friendly when comes to loaning drivers! 
Ended up connecting the blue and red spectrum with a small driver I have here.... 
Will see how plants react to the new spectrum, if they smaak I leave it. 
IMG_20210612_160714_784.thumb.jpg.c634afdca7ec35a02313ee76cc1b1698.jpg
What part of the country do you harass the locals and what size driver you need?
Got a Meanwell NS-100 something up for loan if you Cape Town side.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

what kind of warranty is on the driver yo? meanwell usually have mad long warranties, or try see if you can twist the seller who sold you that light if they can help with a warranty swap for you?

also, i would defoliate your ladies a bit to get some of that light into the inside of the canopy

otherwise looking really good man!

5 hours ago, CreX said:

1. what kind of warranty is on the driver yo? 

2. also, i would defoliate your ladies a bit to get some of that light into the inside of the canopy

1. Not sure, seems like they carry a 7 year warranty, mine is a good 5years old now. Will message the tjinkie lady but not sure if it'll be successful. Might as well order new one. 

2. Not keen on defoliate as yet, those leaves are solar panels, removing them will damped the plants ability to fotosinteer in my noggins understanding. 

• Like 2