iGrowDagga

iGrowDagga

After a good 24h soak in ExploGrow, the seeds will be ontkiemed in TerraAqua soil from those other guys. 

DIY LED light to sprout and veg first few weeks, it's a old MarsHydro300 that I slapped 2x Vero29 cobs on. Total draw is 95watt.

My grow will be organic, I've moved off the chems directly after our last grow off. Never felt the need for them again. 

Can't wait to drop a light FRB feed in a day or two. And then will spray some daggaleaf ferment on the second set of leaves. 

*no water added to soil as yet, feels moist enough. 

IMG_20210511_172028.jpg

IMG_20210511_172127.jpg

IMG_20210511_172318.jpg

IMG_20210511_172530.jpg

• Like 8

I had 40k lux for 500 micromol PAR on the app I used, when checked with the Apogee... I think the best way is to go to somebody with a Quantum Flux Meter and get some confirmed numbers for your app 😁 rest is just guessing as much as before just hanging it. Also to add.. I had very bad readings to match to different light setup on flower output. 

I wrote about that little test here: 

• Like 2

Had a bit of a heavy hand when mixing Silica and BioNeem oil last, so plants has a bit of a white shine to them. 

Going grand non the less and will wash the leaves in the following week with a ExploGrow and FPJ's

@Totemic Does #3 (The slow poke) look nutrient locked out? 

IMG_20210524_052109~01.jpg

IMG_20210524_052059~01.jpg

IMG_20210524_052047~01.jpg

Edited by iGrowDagga
The slow poke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, iGrowDagga said:

Had a bit of a heavy hand when mixing Silica and BioNeem oil last, so plants has a bit of a white shine to them. 

Going grand non the less and will wash the leaves in the following week with a ExploGrow and FPJ's

@Totemic Does #3 (The slow poke) look nutrient locked out? 

IMG_20210524_052109~01.jpg

IMG_20210524_052059~01.jpg

IMG_20210524_052047~01.jpg

Looking good.. Yours look to be on steroids... Holy cow...👌🌱

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

Looking good.. Yours look to be on steroids... Holy cow...👌🌱

I'm surprised myself with this soil, it's TerraAqua from GHE, haven't added EarthWormCasting as I was skrik it brings pathogens which I cannot afford this round. 

But fed the soil with some homemade IndigenousMicroOrganisms with the last watering which I suspect gave microbial boost. 

Next round I'll be feeding Banana Mango FPJ. 

2 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

First spray was Saturday, added BioNeem, ExploGrow with the Silica 

(Mixed with hot water, left to cool, then sprayed) 

Well it seems to have worked well, I've always heard/read that mixing silica with anything has ill effect, maybe in big enough dosages.

1 minute ago, ORGANinc. said:

Well it seems to have worked well, I've always heard/read that mixing silica with anything has ill effect, maybe in big enough dosages.

Liquid silica, is best and most used in organic, as a foliage spray only.

Helps with PM and keeping the leaves free of pests. 

But it's not for the vein walls of the plant doing it this way, and liquid isn't a organic soil additive. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

But it's not for the vein walls of the plant doing it this way, and liquid isn't a organic soil additive. 

Yep potassium silicate, derived from potassium salts. Well there's a few ways to make it. But OMRI says it is organic. Most certainly is not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If we debate what's organic or not well be diving very deep into each bottled nutrient and additive. 

I've seen the Americans create 50 page threads in one night on this debate, which turns more into argument end of day. 

My opinion is that I use nutrients that we make ourselves as far as possible, and Silica I've been using for 4+years same bottle and haven't had any I'll effect from it. 

- I stopped reading up on things and now just learn with trial and error, too many opinions* and faulty tweakers online. 

Edited by iGrowDagga
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Using silica is a great way to increase the cell walls. Not the cell itself, the cell itself is made of different things. Using too much silica leaves you with thick branchy plants, strong enough to hold hugeeee buds,  but you wont be able to enjoy the fruits of your harvest is there is enough built up potassium in your soil which is antagonist to every single nutrient that equals big buds, this all happening during blossom, pollination, cell expansion phase (potential bud size). Fruit fill stage wouldn't mind the potassium. 

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ORGANinc. said:

but you wont be able to enjoy the fruits of your harvest is there is enough built up potassium in your soil which is antagonist to every single nutrient that equals big buds, this all happening during blossom, pollination, cell expansion phase (potential bud size). Fruit fill stage wouldn't mind the potassium. 

So my soil must not have potassium buildup during veg? 

But in flower it's fine to have the P buildup? 

You being Ye or Ne for Silica? 

• Haha 1