Live Canna

Live Canna

Welcome to my grow diary 🙂  Dare I say this competition should be interesting 😃

Seeds in water and to be planted out later today. Loved seeing the dark colours on the seed, very different to what I have usually seen 😎

Good luck to all taking part 😃

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4860.jpeg

IMG_4859.jpeg

IMG_4858.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, CreX said:

is it just me? i have a desire to check my competition out and see whats cracking!! what tech are you running indoor man? best of luck in the grow off!!

Hehe its not just you 🙂  I have been looking around also 😛 But work has been rather manic again as usual. Need to do some more snooping :-moonwalk :rastabanana Best of luck to you too though bud!! 

Been meaning to do a write up and was waiting for the lovely ladies to show their face 🙂  But lets add some info so long as that should be soon anyway 🙂 

So for this grow off I will be making use of my veg and flower area. I currently have plants in both as I only just got the second light. I will be flipping the flower tent in the next 1-2 weeks. I will have to kind of see how it goes, as both are in my garage and I only have one tent. i.e. I have built a DIY area for the veg area (pics to come later). I am a bit concerned over temps, as the nights have already been cold. But if the ladies can hold it out, I may keep them where they are and then move them to the flower area when I flip. If not I will swop plants around. In my flower tent I currently have 2 x RQS Sherbet Queens and a lucky packet seed.

Gear:

Lights - Making use of Phoenix Sky SA's Sunplus 200 which pumps out 240w. I have one for each area, but the newer version with 3000k and 5000k ( I think) and the lenses is in the flowering tent.
Soil - I am using a custom blend of coco and other items. Screenshot attached should clarify that goodness 🙂  Its my first (/2nd) time running this soil (besides the grow currently on the go, but that is not done yet, so who knows).
Nutes - Biobizz Grow and Bloom nutes. I will most likely be making use of some teas and other items, but I will mention as I go.
PH and water - I usually ph between 5.8 - 6.2 or there about. Water wise I am using RO water from the store.
Other - Running a variety of fans, extractor as well as a VARIETY of sonoff switches which basically allows me to control everything on the light, extraction, fans, humidifier etc side. as well as checking temps and humidity. Heat wise, last winter it got really cold, but I had an average light and no tent. My hope this year is that it is enough with the new items. I will be moving the driver into the tent (currently outside to help with summer temps). Won't make a massive difference, but it is 'free' heat. If it is not enough, I will hang the bar heater again like I did last year and run it on a cycle.
Pots - I will be using some smaller plastic pots to start and then into 10 freedom farm fabric pots. Most likely going to flower them in there. But if they grow like crazy, then into the 20l freedom farm fabric pots before the flip to flower.

I am sure I have missed some critical details, so I will fill in as I go. For now, I popped the seeds in water on Sunday afternoon, and planted them in rockwool cubes on Monday afternoon. Put those in a dome under the veg light with a heat mat under. The bottom of the rockwool is sitting at  20-25 depending on the time of day, so should be good there. Once they pop I will be giving them a day or less and then going straight into their first pots.

I will add some pics tonight after lights on 🙂 

• Like 5

Finally got to the pics this morning, and posting now 😛 

Tent is the flowering section, open section is veg.

Light wise you will see the new one with lenses over vs the old. Both fantastic lights and the new on is only marginally better than the old. I have had some proper results from the first light already. They both cover 80x80 in flower I believe. As the square side of that tent is 90x90 this will be perfect 🙂 

The 3 competition seeds are in the dome. They will break surface either today or tomorrow by the looks of it 🙂  Looking forward to it.

IMG_4950.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

IMG_4952.jpeg

IMG_4953.jpeg

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4955.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dookie69 said:

Great pics. Did you buy the Sonoff extension cables to lengthen the TH probe cables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! One I did, the other not yet 🙂 So I have a temp probe and a temp/hum probe. The temp one sits around the light area (top of tent) and thats the one coming into the picture. Its just works length wise, but would be neater with the extension.

17 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

oh yeah this cool. 

I need to extend my cable too, need to get in touch with communica. you get from them too?

Thanks man 🙂  No but I will check them out. I got from a guy in centurion when I picked up my tent.

So my ladies have all popped when I checked this morning. I quickly moved them straight to a solo cup with some FF green bag soil to start with.

IMG_4965.jpeg

IMG_4966.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

IMG_4968.jpeg

• Like 8

So ladies and gents, one week later and this is the state of my 3 ladies. All looking healthy, drinking and growing nicely too. 

The second set of true leaves have just started poking out. I am spraying them with un-PH'd RO water day and night. Just a nice spritz on the soil and inevitably some on the leaves. I have moved them to the flower tent (which is still on veg lighting) for the time being to help with the cold nights we have had. That light is sitting at around 150w right now. Will be beefing it up over the weekend for the other 2 ladies in there. Not sure what to do there as I need to flip to flower in a week or so, so will have to move them out again, but by then they should be bigger. I am honestly just winging it at the moment as with work and everything else my grows are a bit mixd up. No stress though 🙂 

IMG_5074.jpeg

IMG_5077.jpeg

IMG_5076.jpeg

IMG_5075.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Live Canna said:

Update 😛 :rastabanana

The three ladies are going strong. Albeit a bit slow with the cold weather. The temps have not ben grand this side, but we power on 🙂  They got a nice feeding yesterday of some good nutes already and did not even flinch 👍

IMG_5278.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

IMG_5276.jpeg

IMG_5277.jpeg

now here are some happy seedlings!! well done man!! definitely nailed the germination part of this comp! i think im even going to follow along!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CreX said:

now here are some happy seedlings!! well done man!! definitely nailed the germination part of this comp! i think im even going to follow along!

Thanks bud 🙂  hehe I hope so, they do look happy though 😛 

2 hours ago, iGrowDagga said:

Happy happy seedlings! 

What did you feed them? 

Thanks 👍 😃

So...I was a little lazy yesterday 😅 Had a rich mix of BioBizz Grow for my others going (and possibly some bloom 🤣...) And I just gave them a good squirt of that. Prior to this I gave them a solid dose of just the BB grow also.  FF soil should be good for 3 weeks, but I figured I would try starting a little earlier, and as of today we are on the 3 week mark.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 12:18 PM, mantis said:

They look great, They are going to explode once transplanted 
What's going to be your next size pot? 

Thanks bud! I reckon so too. When I watered them yesterday I saw nice roots starting to poke out. That coupled with the growth and extension I have seen makes me want to transplant some time this week. I am thinking of going to what I would call a 2l plastic pot. Looks about that size anyway, maybe slightly larger.

From there we will see based on growth, but I reckon into a 10l fabric for final as there is not that much time left.

• Like 1

So these lovely ladies were transplanted on Friday 🙂  They had a nice feeding and then I topped them a day later. So some decent stress on them. I am going to give them a nice feeding again shortly.

I transplanted two of them into the 2 odd litre pot. And then another into a 10l fabric. The roots looked great, bit of spinning already, but a healthy system none the less. The 2l pots I am hoping will last until it is time to flip. But it should work out nicely to transplant in 2 weeks, give a week to recover and then flip to flower.

The reason for putting one in a different pot is purely experimental. I will most likely not repot it before flower (I usually ALWAYS repot before flower). It will be interesting to see the growth difference.

IMG_5546.jpeg

IMG_5504.jpeg

IMG_5503.jpeg

IMG_5502.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5500.jpeg

IMG_5499.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Live Canna said:

Usually around 5.8 - 6.2 👍 😁

Spot on then... I am just trying to figure out why the leaves aren't spread out and are dipping low.. Maybe you are taking pics when they are waking up or about to sleep? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreX said:

Spot on then... I am just trying to figure out why the leaves aren't spread out and are dipping low.. Maybe you are taking pics when they are waking up or about to sleep? 

Sorry yes, did mean to mention this was 1 minute after lights on. Good spotting/thinking though 😁 Nice to hear people say my PH is spot on though! So many varying opinions always, and most don't understand that there are so many ranges for the different mediums/depending whats in the soil.

But in all honesty, I have also not fed them until earlier tonight 😔 Bad grower, BAD! 😆 So they still look droopy. Realistically, they should have been fed on Sunday latest. Preferably Saturday evening. But anyways...things are a bit hectic this side. Will send updated pics tomorrow hopefully. They got a real nice feed of BioGrow Bloom and Grow + Molasses + Epsom Salts. So should be happy chappies soon 🙂 

• Agree 1

• 420SA pinned this topic
  • 420SA unpinned this topic