donzomb (DQ)

donzomb

Start Germination (09/05/2021)

-Seeds taken out of package and inspected.

-Got utensils/tools/equipment for Germination process: shot glass, small yoghurt container/tub, non-pH'd water, soil (garden soil - no added nutrients).

-Put water in shot glass. Put TWO seeds in the shot glass with water to soak - "Soaking Method". [Should soak for 3-7 days, depending on how long it takes for seed to split and tap root to start developing, at that point transplant into soil/other medium.]
-Put ONE seed into yoghurt tub with soil. Place seed fingernail depth so that seedling/sprout doesn't struggle and take long to push towards the light - therefore germination process will not be comprimised. Water frequently to keep soil moist, but not over-watered.

-#NB: ONE of the seeds in the " shot glass" will be taken out after 3 days - regardless of tap root development - and transplanted into soil. This is to serve as a Hybrid Germination Method of the two aforementioned methods.

-Place shot glass in darkness. Place yoghurt tub in room under desk lamp (CFL).
-Observe frequently for any results/signs of development. Two to three times a day minimum.

20210509_130753.jpg

20210509_165011.jpg

• Like 9

Start Germination (09/05/2021)

-Seeds taken out of package and inspected.

-Got utensils/tools/equipment for Germination process: shot glass, small yoghurt container/tub, non-pH'd water, soil (garden soil - no added nutrients).

-Put water in shot glass. Put TWO seeds in the shot glass with water to soak - "Soaking Method". [should soak for 3-7 days, depending on how long it takes for seed to split and tap root to start developing, at that point transplant into soil/other medium.]
-Put ONE seed into yoghurt tub with soil. Place seed fingernail depth so that seedling/sprout doesn't struggle and take long to push towards the light - therefore germination process will not be comprimised. Water frequently to keep soil moist, but not over-watered.
-#NB: ONE of the seeds in the " shot glass" will be taken out after 3 days - regardless of tap root development - and transplanted into soil. This is to serve as a Hybrid Germination Method of the two aforementioned methods.

-Place shot glass in darkness. Place yoghurt tub in room under desk lamp (CFL).
-Observe frequently for any results/signs of development. Two to three times a day minimum.
20210509_130753.thumb.jpg.d2e21fdb2e388c90c60d59daaee5a81c.jpg
20210509_165011.thumb.jpg.20420c2f3f99252f839d2ebe39ba40fc.jpg
Put everything in writing, I love it. Rule #1 to success.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hi administrators, my humblest apologies for the late update, I was going to do it two days ago (15/05/2021) when my seeds sprouted but I wanted more development before I updated – no excuses though! Here is my update from last time:

*Day #2 (10/05/2021): Checked seeds for development. Also, changed water in shot glass.

*Day #3 (11/05/2021): Checked seeds for development. One seed in shot glass split and tap root started developing. I took out the split seed and transplanted into a new container with soil (Black square pot). No progress on other two seeds.

*Day #4 (12/05/2021): Observed two pots/containers for development (yoghurt tub and black pot). No new development in both containers, shot glass also had no new development. I changed water in the shot glass.

*Day #5 (13/05/2021): Observed seeds for new development. No new development. Watered two pots (soil was getting dry) and changed water in shot glass.

*Day #6 (14/05/2021): Checked pots and shot glass for new development. Noticed seedlings in both black pot and yoghurt tub are pushing towards the surface, moving towards the light, this is a good development for me. No new development in shot glass, changed water.

*Day #7 (15/05/2021): Observed shot glass for new development. Noticed that the seed split and tap root is beginning to develop - I am planning on leaving this seed in the shot glass for 2-3 days before transplanting into a new pot/container, I will still be changing the water daily.

*Day #8 (16/05/2021): Observed containers and shot glass for development. In shot glass, the seedling tap root is developing nicely, I am still planning on transplanting into new container within 2-3 days. I noticed that the seedling i the small yoghurt tub is developing fast and might get root bound soon/outgrow the small container so I am transplanting during dark cycle into a larger pot - round orange pot. The black pot will need to be transplanted into a larger pot in 3-7 days - however the plant first needs to develop more leaves and get stronger before I transplant (stressful on the seedling/plant).

*Day #9 (17/05/2021): Just observed seedlings development, watered pots and changed water in shot glass.

#NB: I'm using a CFL light (6000k 7W) for my seedlings and start of veg. I will later switch to stronger lights (2x LUMii T5 6400k 24W bulbs) but I was advised that these lights are great for seedlings because they are less harsh on the seedlings - light intensity and spectrum. Before flowering stage I will be getting a new light (LED Full Spectrum Light, 3000k 120W) to optimize the light received by plants during the bloom/flowering stage. Disclaimer: I am sort of new to the indoor grow setup but I've been wanting to start an Indoor grow for years now, I already did all my research in the past and currently, now it's just time to practice what I learnt.

1_(10.05.2021).jpg

1_(11.05.2021).jpg

1_(12.05.2021).jpg

1_(14.05.2021).jpg

1_(15.05.2021).jpg

1_(16.05.2021).jpg

2_(11.05.2021).jpg

2_(14.05.2021).jpg

2_(15.05.2021).jpg

2_(16.05.2021).jpg

• Like 10

{Update 4: 22/05/2021}

#Notes:

i.) Current Setup: Grow Medium (currently) = Garden Soil (general); Light= CFL 6000-6500k (general CFL light bulb); Day Temp': 26' C Night Temp: 20' C.

ii.) Current Lights are just for seedling and start of Veg stage. These lights are weak therefore it won't damage the developing seedling, but growth is slowed/hindered.

iii.) I am planning on getting new grow lights optimized for the Veg stage (LUMii Envirogrow T5 - 2x LUMii 6400k Lamp, 48W total). And just before the Flowering stage, I will be upgrading to a light optimized for Bloom/Flowering (Green-Houston LED Full Spectrum 3000k, 120W).

iv.) In the first week of June I will be transplanting all plants into larger containers and I will start using a Coco-Perlite mixture as my new growing medium. There are just so much benefits that I cannot overlook it. Also, it will be easier maintenance.

#The Grow:

*[18/05/2021]: Checked development of seedlings. Good development of seedling in shot glass – tap root is about 5mm long. Changing water in shot glass and transplanting germinated seed into soil tomorrow (19/05/2021). Label both containers (“B” and “C”).  Additionally, I am adding wire to both plants B and C to provide a support structure to tie the developing seedling to it - additional support. Watered all containers.

*[19/05/2021]: Finally removing seedling from shot glass and transplanting into new container/pot (orange round pot), labeled “A”. Watered all containers.

*[20/05/2021]: Watered all containers. Checked if there is any development with container “A” , the newly transplanted seed that was germinated, there is no new development.

*[21/05/2021]: Plant “A” is finally pushing up towards the surface. Watered all pots.

*[22/05/2021]: Water containers and check on development. Plants are growing well but not as fast as I'd like, I need to get better lights soon.

1_18.05.2021.jpg

1_19.05.2021.jpg

1_21.05.2021.jpg

1_22.05.2021.jpg

2_18.05.2021.jpg

2_19.05.2021.jpg

2_21.05.2021.jpg

2_22.05.2021.jpg

3_18.05.2021.jpg

3_19.05.2021.jpg

3_21.05.2021.jpg

3_22.05.2021.jpg

• Like 5

whats up man! nice detailed posts! love it! but i have one major huge red flag.... 

how in the world the did you manage to tie the plants up like that? you must have the safest hands in all the west!!! 

generally, what you have done by tying them up like that equals the end of the grow because you would easily damage the soft sensitive stalks.

i am in 2 minds to tell you to remove them right away and never tie the stems again... but i am nervous that you will damage the stems when you take the ties off... rather get the stem to lean on something.... or use half a toilet roll cardboard as a retainer, just slip it on like a sock... 

also, are you able to get that 120w light sooner? in all honesty, it would greatly boost your ladies...

IMG_20210525_110133.jpg

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CreX said:

i am in 2 minds to tell you to remove them right away and never tie the stems again... but i am nervous that you will damage the stems when you take the ties off... rather get the stem to lean on something.... or use half a toilet roll cardboard as a retainer, just slip it on like a sock... 

I agree with @CreX tying the stems with string or laces can be problematic. You could be restricting growth. Rather use plant ties if you must and leave some space for the stem to expand

• Agree 4

• CreX pinned this topic
  • 420SA changed the title to donzomb (DQ)
  • 420SA unpinned this topic
  • 420SA locked this topic