Development of Pineapple Chem

Morning

I've got a beautiful Double Krush female that I've had for about 2 years now. She ticks all the boxes. She puts out big greasy buds of pure chem goodness. She smells and tastes like sprite and tiger balm, and packs a massive punch. I've been dreaming of doing a cross between Pineapple Fields and my Double Krush girl.

We've selected a beautiful PF male, and I now have the pollen in my hands. On Monday I will pollinate my DK. From those seeds I will select a mother. Then I will try to establish that cut within the community.

Once that is done, I will pollinate the mother with the same PF male and work the line from there.

At this point, it is just a fun project, but I will attempt to document it here. I also have to reach out to Skunk_VA and Dynasty Genetics to get their blessing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Pineapple Fields... does it taste like Pineapple or is it just a fancy fake name? I look for Pineapple smoking taste.. pheno hunting some Express at the moment.. last 15 Express I tested had fruity but no Pineapple taste.

I know there is, as I smoked some very exquisite Pineapple flavored Express 6 years ago.. I want that again ^^

Worth to have a look into Fields?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Prom said:

The Pineapple Fields... does it taste like Pineapple or is it just a fancy fake name? I look for Pineapple smoking taste.. pheno hunting some Express at the moment.. last 15 Express I tested had fruity but no Pineapple taste.

I know there is, as I smoked some very exquisite Pineapple flavored Express 6 years ago.. I want that again ^^

I've never grown out pineapple fields before. First batch of clones will be ready in the next few days though.

I can tell you, that I've been lusting after pineapple fields for about 7 years now. I've followed many journals on the strain, and some of those were by growers that I respect and trust. Pineapple Fields is lauded as the most pineapple of pineapple strains, with over the top terps.

We will see, but I have high hopes and Christopher Rex is also a breeder I admire.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Prom said:

I've heard Pineapple Kush is the best for taste, have you tried it?

• Like 1

Just now, The_StonedTrooper said:

I've heard Pineapple Kush is the best for taste, have you tried it?

Where can I buy regular seeds? 😬😎 Nope, never tried that one... actually hear the first time of it. As long as I take a paff and think i drink a pina colada, is sold ☺️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Golden-Goose said:

Double Krush was pollinated yesterday. Let's see what we get...

As soon as I get my phone back, I will start taking photos to document.

yo yo!! sounds pretty cool! i wasnt aware that you guys also bred.. very cool... are you part of the breeders lounge?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Golden-Goose said:

We don't breed. This is just a cool project. Something I've wanted to do for the last 2 years. Clones and seeds will be given away freely, and then we see where it takes us. 😉 

If you have identified desired outcomes, and intend combining genetic material to achieve the outcomes you are breeding. Even if it is just to feed your own curiosity. I wish more people would try their hand at plant improvement. 

Edited by Adansonia digitata
Wording
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Adansonia digitata said:

If you have identified desired outcomes, and intend combining genetic material to achieve the outcomes you are breeding. Even if it is just for to feed your own curiosity. I wish more people would try their hand at plant improvement. 

Then consider me a breeder too, and plans to grow that too.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

If you have identified desired outcomes, and intend combining genetic material to achieve the outcomes you are breeding. Even if it is just for to feed your own curiosity. I wish more people would try their hand at plant improvement. 

Is there any reading material I can look at on how one can estimate what the outcome would be if two strains are combined, Like is there a specific algorithm to work from, or is it trial and error, is there a way to predict the outcome? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Then consider me a breeder too, and plans to grow that too.

As long as you have direction you want to take your lineage, and you are doing the work to not only achieve the outcomes but stabilizing the new lines you create, go wild. Why wouldn't you.  The possibility of finding something unique and special is not zero, you just need to wade through the piles of genetic material and be brutal with culling. oh, more space is often the common denominator.  

Edited by Adansonia digitata
Wording
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

Is there any reading material I can look at on how one can estimate what the outcome would be if two strains are combined, Like is there a specific algorithm to work from, or is it trial and error, is there a way to predict the outcome? 

Study Mendels law of inheritance and apply what you learn to the subject of you program. 

• Like 4

I guess we will have to see if I'm able to improve on the 2 lines instead of just straight pollen chucking and hoping to hit the lottery. At this early stage of the game, I'm probably firmly in the pollen chucking category.

I do have a goal though. If I achieve that goal over the course of the next few years, then I will consider myself a very novice breeder.

Right now, I'm just hoping for a handful of viable seeds. Then the pheno hunt begins for a mother. Then we can have some fun with stash and dash clone hunts. I've already pictured it all in a brain movie 😁

• Like 6